Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Dec 2014, 11:20 (Ref:3481432)   #1
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heritage Touring Cup 2015 - Calendar, informations and whatever you want to know.

Hi Guys,

as with last year, I will start the thread on the Peter Auto Heritage Touring Cup and the 2015 season. As I manage the grid and regulations, I will post info and answer your question here

So let's start with the 2015 Calendar and the important fact that the Heritage Touring Cup is becoming an FIA International Serie for next year and therefore a championship.

- Vallelunga-Classic - 28th and 29th of March.
- Spa-Classic - 22nd, 23rd and 24th of May.
- Grand Prix de l'Age d'Or - Dijon - 5th, 6th and 7th of June.
- Monza-Historic - 10th, 11th and 12th of July.
- Dix Mille Tours du Castellet - Paul Ricard HTTT - 2nd, 3rd and 4th of October.

Race format will be the same as last year :

Vallelunga/Dijon/Monza/Paul Ricard
30' Free Practice
40' Qualifying
60' Race

Spa will be a double header with two races as last year, day and night.
40' Daylight Free Practice
30' Night Free Practice
40' Daylight Qualifying
2 x 60' Race, Day and Night

On the regulations, nothing has been changed except the following:

- Classes:
- Group 2 & Group A = TC1
- Group 1 & Pre-66 Over 2000cc = TC2

Eligibility:
- Period F cars over 2000cc.
- Group 1 cars.
- Group 2 cars.
- Group A cars up to 1984*.

*Group A cars homologated up to the 31/12/1984 will be allowed to run with homologations up to the 31/12/1986.

Other than that, tyres will be a little bit more open to accomodate with the needs of the cars and the tyres we have today.

Entries and Regulations will be available shortly and I'll keep you posted. If you have any question, let me know here or contact me on my email - lquiniou@peter.fr

Best, Louis.
Old 9 Dec 2014, 20:31 (Ref:3483515)   #2
Alex E
Racer

Alex E should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Louis,
Regarding your comment on tyres, what will be changed ? Will you allow directional wet tyres to be used ? I will save us having to buy two sets ?

alex
Old 10 Dec 2014, 00:10 (Ref:3483578)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Looking forward to learning if any more Group A cars appear.

Also hope the series will be invited into a UK meeting in 2016.....
Old 10 Dec 2014, 11:32 (Ref:3483710)   #4
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
Hi Louis,
Regarding your comment on tyres, what will be changed ? Will you allow directional wet tyres to be used ? I will save us having to buy two sets ?

alex
Hi Alex,

good to hear from you. Basically, tyres for Group 2/A will be slicks or threaded tyres. Everything is allowed but has to be a period design (up to 86) in term of thread, we're not talking about the construction of the tyre itself. Wet tyres are free and if there is one that does both, I do believe it would work.

Could you tell me more about your needs and what "directional wet tyres" means ?

Cheers, Louis.
Old 10 Dec 2014, 23:10 (Ref:3483860)   #5
Alex E
Racer

Alex E should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddha View Post
Hi Alex,

good to hear from you. Basically, tyres for Group 2/A will be slicks or threaded tyres. Everything is allowed but has to be a period design (up to 86) in term of thread, we're not talking about the construction of the tyre itself. Wet tyres are free and if there is one that does both, I do believe it would work.

Could you tell me more about your needs and what "directional wet tyres" means ?

Cheers, Louis.
Hi Louis,
I think you answered my question. But do I understand correctly that the wet tyre pattern is free ? So post `86 tread pattern is acceptable but on wet tyres only? Alex
Old 11 Dec 2014, 08:38 (Ref:3484002)   #6
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
Hi Louis,
I think you answered my question. But do I understand correctly that the wet tyre pattern is free ? So post `86 tread pattern is acceptable but on wet tyres only? Alex
Rain tyres are free providing they meet the dimensions of the dry tyre yes. Some guys use modern goodyears for example.
Old 14 Dec 2014, 15:19 (Ref:3484958)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Louis,

What about Group 1 tyres? Did you consider my comments at Portimao? Or unless I miss interpret you your suggestion appears to be that post historic tyres or slicks will be permitted. If so you've just lost my entry. We need to be able to run tyres to the nearest section possible. Whether that be slick or treaded (such as Yoko/Toyo) should not matter.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 14 Dec 2014 at 15:27.
Old 16 Dec 2014, 11:48 (Ref:3485488)   #8
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Here is the 2015 Tyre Regulation :

4.1 Tyres

TC 1 - 1966-1984’ Touring Cars – Trans-Am / Group 2 / Group A
 Slicks or Racing tyres with treaded pattern.
Avon « Historic All Weather” – See pattern below, Avon CR6 ZZ, Dunlop Historic,…
During Wet races, rain tyres are free, provided they have the same dimensions (diameter and widths) as those used on dry track.
TC 2 – Pre 66’ & Group 1 Touring Cars
 Racing tyres with treaded pattern. all over the width only.
Avon « Historic All Weather”- See pattern below, Avon CR6 ZZ, Dunlop Historic,…
During Wet races, rain tyres are free, provided they have the same dimensions (diameter and widths) as those used on dry track.
Post 1986/Modern design treaded tyres are forbidden

The competitors who cannot find race approved tyres with size shown on Art. 8.4 of 2014 Appendix K for their car must inform the organizers at the least one month prior to the event and propose an alternative solution. The organizer has the right to accept/refuse the choice of tyres, the entrant will be made aware of the decision.

Does it make sense ?
Old 16 Dec 2014, 15:34 (Ref:3485540)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry no good. Shame because I was planning to do a couple of events. Hey ho. You need to permit yokos or toyos. The avons etc. Are too slow to compete with slicks.
Old 17 Dec 2014, 09:52 (Ref:3485712)   #10
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Sorry no good. Shame because I was planning to do a couple of events. Hey ho. You need to permit yokos or toyos. The avons etc. Are too slow to compete with slicks.
But in particular cases such as a problem with profiles, size of wheels, etc... We can accept and grant specific cars an approval to race another tyre. And having heard your problems the last phrase of the tyre rule was written to ensure we could permit anyone, on a documented basis to run something else.

We have the problem with the Alfa Romeo GTAM in another way, they can find a tyre that suit but then they cannot respect the ride height as the profile of the tyres available is much lower than in period so we make an exception for these cars as they've documented why it is impossible to run the correct ride height without changing for bigger and non-homologated wheels.
Old 17 Dec 2014, 10:35 (Ref:3485722)   #11
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Thinking out loud here . . . I could get my car MOT'd on CR6 ZZ's as well and use them at Spa ? They'd no doubt transform the handling and make me slower than Dunlops!

Quote:
Here is the 2015 Tyre Regulation :

4.1 Tyres

TC 2 – Pre 66’ & Group 1 Touring Cars
 Racing tyres with treaded pattern. all over the width only.
Avon « Historic All Weather”- See pattern below, Avon CR6 ZZ, Dunlop Historic,…
Post 1986/Modern design treaded tyres are forbidden
Old 17 Dec 2014, 10:42 (Ref:3485723)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
But in particular cases such as a problem with profiles, size of wheels, etc... We can accept and grant specific cars an approval to race another tyre. And having heard your problems the last phrase of the tyre rule was written to ensure we could permit anyone, on a documented basis to run something else.

We have the problem with the Alfa Romeo GTAM in another way, they can find a tyre that suit but then they cannot respect the ride height as the profile of the tyres available is much lower than in period so we make an exception for these cars as they've documented why it is impossible to run the correct ride height without changing for bigger and non-homologated wheels.
I have exactly the same problem,slicks are at least 75mm smaller than the original slicks. However a zz would be a close profile but long way from the performance of a slick tyre. Hence the problem.
Old 17 Dec 2014, 11:22 (Ref:3485737)   #13
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Thinking out loud here . . . I could get my car MOT'd on CR6 ZZ's as well and use them at Spa ? They'd no doubt transform the handling and make me slower than Dunlops!
Yes but you are not eligible in this grid. U2TC is your grid Zef' and not HTC so only Dunlops for you.
Old 17 Dec 2014, 11:30 (Ref:3485739)   #14
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
OK, that's £700 saved
Old 21 Dec 2014, 11:33 (Ref:3486865)   #15
AntA35
Rookie

United Kingdom
The Midlands
AntA35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's a shame Peter. However I'm in the same situation as you and so it would seem instead of Ken taking 3 or 4 cars to Spa he will take just 1 car. Why is it that Group 1 cars are always left in such a compromise as a result of tyres? Group 1 was slicks, not post historic ZZ or CR65 treaded tyres.

The sad thing is that tyres are available that all Group 1 cars could run on, that are the size required. However organisers seem to have a problem with it... which I don't understand... Could someone explain it to me please?

What concerns me is that Group 1 will be passed over and the important period forgotten because the available tyres are shunned for their modern looking tread.
Old 23 Dec 2014, 10:05 (Ref:3487364)   #16
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntA35 View Post
That's a shame Peter. However I'm in the same situation as you and so it would seem instead of Ken taking 3 or 4 cars to Spa he will take just 1 car. Why is it that Group 1 cars are always left in such a compromise as a result of tyres? Group 1 was slicks, not post historic ZZ or CR65 treaded tyres.

The sad thing is that tyres are available that all Group 1 cars could run on, that are the size required. However organisers seem to have a problem with it... which I don't understand... Could someone explain it to me please?

What concerns me is that Group 1 will be passed over and the important period forgotten because the available tyres are shunned for their modern looking tread.
Could you and Peter send an email with details of why we should accept Toyo and Yoko tyres ? We can accept certain cars to run on a specific tyre if they explain the situation.

The door is never closed and a regulation is never perfect.

The only reason we don't want the Yoko or Toyo at the moment is because we had a look at the french Group 1 series, good grids and modern tyres = tyre war at the front of the grid..! And that is exactly what we don't want.

And we've already accepted certain cars on modern tyres or changed the regulations for ride height but it was on a basis of a detailed and explained demand to myself.

Here is my email, so it's up to you - lquiniou@peter.fr
Old 12 Jan 2015, 09:39 (Ref:3492012)   #17
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Hi Guys,

a little update with the entry form being available here.

Cheers, Louis.
Old 21 Jan 2015, 15:40 (Ref:3494826)   #18
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
After some lenghty discussions with drivers and preparers regarding Group 1 tyres, we've come to the conclusion explained in the document available here and valid for the season.

Additif 1 HTC - Pneumatiques / Tyres Group 1.

Entries are coming in and we are looking forward to a great season, hope the group 1 guys will come along !
Old 21 Jan 2015, 16:04 (Ref:3494832)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Just working out my availability and it looks like Spa and Monza for me. So my season should be; Goodwood; Spa; Monza; Algarve. Not extensive but interesting.
Old 3 Feb 2015, 14:02 (Ref:3500450)   #20
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Guys, if any of you are visiting Rétromobile, come for a chat on the Peter Auto stand.

- Stand P29.

Louis.
Old 5 Feb 2015, 13:55 (Ref:3501334)   #21
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Just working out my availability and it looks like Spa and Monza for me. So my season should be; Goodwood; Spa; Monza; Algarve. Not extensive but interesting.
No Donington or Silverstone Pete?
Old 10 Feb 2015, 11:17 (Ref:3503628)   #22
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Richard Postins, Ken Clarke and myself aka "Peter Auto" will be at the 2015 Stoneleigh Race Retro so come and meet us on stand C40 "Speed Ally".

Louis.
Old 6 Mar 2015, 10:01 (Ref:3512392)   #23
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Hello Guys,

first entry list for the first round of the Heritage Touring Cup at Vallelunga is now available here.

Best, Louis.
Old 3 Apr 2015, 12:44 (Ref:3523340)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Spa Summer Classic:

Entry for the Heritage Touring Cars submitted; ferries booked; hotel booked. Sadly the Beau Site was fully booked by the time I got to it. So a new experience at Le Roannay beckons.
Old 3 Apr 2015, 13:06 (Ref:3523353)   #25
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll come and say 'hello' Peter. After last year's Spa 6-hours I'm attending that again and the Classic this year - think I've got the Spa 'bug'. Sadly not media accredited this time (Peter Auto's requirements exclude me!) but no doubt I should manage a good few photos from the public areas.

Looking forward to it, not long now.