Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Sep 2020, 19:45 (Ref:4000108)   #51
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It is sad when a top team can only aim for third, but i think they are being realistic
Old 4 Sep 2020, 21:19 (Ref:4000127)   #52
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Renault: The cars are yellow

Considering where they were last season, you have to say massive improvement, albeit helped by the big 3 becoming the big 2, with Ferrari awful this season to be it mildly
Old 4 Sep 2020, 21:35 (Ref:4000131)   #53
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
It is sad when a top team can only aim for third, but i think they are being realistic
They must be really happy then.
Old 5 Sep 2020, 00:37 (Ref:4000143)   #54
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
And her comes Cyril Abitof…. telling RBR they have missed a trick in modern F1

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...eboul/4868260/

The man certainly has balls!
Old 5 Sep 2020, 02:33 (Ref:4000151)   #55
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
so many mixed feelings.
Im a huge Danny R fan, hes my fave driver by far. but renault are my least fave team. Dont like Cyril at all.
So Imm just holding station to next year when i will be a mclaren/dan blue blood!
sucks to be Sainz.
Old 5 Sep 2020, 10:22 (Ref:4000187)   #56
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And now it seems Renault might be rebranded Alpine for 2021
Old 6 Sep 2020, 09:20 (Ref:4000370)   #57
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Confirmed!

Sexy shade of blue incoming?
Old 6 Sep 2020, 09:29 (Ref:4000373)   #58
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Link below

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...lpine-for-2021
Old 6 Sep 2020, 11:27 (Ref:4000389)   #59
S griffin
Veteran

Nice to have a name like Alpine in the championship.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 12:36 (Ref:4000403)   #60
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Reminds me of having Infiniti on the RedBulls and then Renault taking issue about not getting enough credit for their role in those title.

Now you have Alonso, Renault's last factory winner, coming back to a team with a different name.

And all announced right after Renault's best race in some time.

post covid you would think the main marquee would benefit from the marketing exposure....A very confused marketing strategy imo.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:13 (Ref:4000507)   #61
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Might as well bring back Matra or something.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 17:34 (Ref:4000560)   #62
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Sounds like the first step to a pull out unless M. Bitofbulshit makes some of his endless promises come true.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 18:24 (Ref:4000573)   #63
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With this rebranding and the signing of Alonso it sure looks like they are itching to get out.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 18:32 (Ref:4000576)   #64
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well they had a real chance today and blew it. however they did score more points than Ferrari and Red Bull.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 18:34 (Ref:4000577)   #65
S griffin
Veteran

I don’t see how they had a big chance, they were never in the frame and you can only they should have done this or that with the benefit of a fortune teller
Old 6 Sep 2020, 18:55 (Ref:4000584)   #66
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Sounds like the first step to a pull out unless M. Bitofbulshit makes some of his endless promises come true.
Think of the pluses! Cyril,gets 'promoted' away from the core racing team and hey presto results improve....
Old 6 Sep 2020, 21:52 (Ref:4000624)   #67
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Wow anyone heard the Ocon radio spat with his engineer after the race? Not a happy bunny! Team basically told him to shut up!!
Old 7 Sep 2020, 04:16 (Ref:4000667)   #68
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Wow anyone heard the Ocon radio spat with his engineer after the race? Not a happy bunny! Team basically told him to shut up!!
Now I have Chunt, yes.

*youtube alert*

"OK just hold it on the radio please. Hold it on the radio. We’ll talk about it in the office."

And this:

"Tyre error behind Ocon’s post-race radio complaint"

Last edited by Last2LiftOff; 7 Sep 2020 at 04:33.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 08:29 (Ref:4000699)   #69
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I get the name change, how many buy a Megane because Renault are a mid-field F1 competitor? The Clio has it's own race series and, perhaps appeals to a younger generation who like to wear their caps backwards The new A10 is a Boxster/4c competitor and it's performance seems to justify the price so Alpine is a good fit there. Perhaps they can rebrand the engines as Gordini while they're at it?
Old 7 Oct 2020, 10:41 (Ref:4008976)   #70
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Alonso apparently doing a 'filming day' in the current car at Catalunya next week.

Then fairly extensive mileage in the 2 year old car. Not sure what he will gain from thee old car as it was pants compared to the current one.

It will probably just remind him of the McLaren mare!

Besides I don't think he is someone who needs much time to get upto speed or find a car out!
Old 8 Oct 2020, 00:49 (Ref:4009088)   #71
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You're right, I'm sure he gets up to speed much better than a rookie.

But it can't hurt. Even if the main take away is building a relationship with the engineers, learning what colour the buttons are on the steering wheel, how their data is displayed, it's all good.
Old 8 Oct 2020, 08:26 (Ref:4009116)   #72
S griffin
Veteran

Knowing Freddie he's always eager to improve his chances whatever way he can. He's that competitive. He will probably spend as much time with the team, go to the races when he can and do any extra testing he can
Old 10 Oct 2020, 22:48 (Ref:4009591)   #73
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Might as well bring back Matra or something.
Team Renault: The cars are yellow... Not for long!

Old 10 Oct 2020, 22:51 (Ref:4009593)   #74
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrumpet View Post
how many buy a Megane because Renault are a mid-field F1 competitor?
Lots of people! Racing heritage is important.

Why build up the Renault Sport brand for so many years and then get rid of it.

I think the A110 should have been the Renault Alpine A110 too. Some of the older Alpines had Renault badges, so why suddenly try to make a different brand (it's as dumb as Citroen making DS a separate brand)?

Old 11 Oct 2020, 07:37 (Ref:4009704)   #75
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Lots of people! Racing heritage is important.

Why build up the Renault Sport brand for so many years and then get rid of it.

I think the A110 should have been the Renault Alpine A110 too. Some of the older Alpines had Renault badges, so why suddenly try to make a different brand (it's as dumb as Citroen making DS a separate brand)?

The DS thing has always puzzled me (mind you, so do a lot of things!)

I mean come on, naming a brand after a police rank?!?