Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 24 Jan 2007, 09:45 (Ref:1824431)   #1
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
Will there be any TV coverage in Australia in 2007?????

Dose anyone know whats going on with the 2007 Champcar TV coverage in Australia? Will it be on FTA and/or Pay TV? I need to know because I don't want to have to miss the series. I will buy Race Director again but only if theres absolutly no TV coverage in this country. I don't want to get it just to find out I can watch it live on ESPN. I have tried contacting champcar.com but they just ignore me. Fox Sports ignored my email and ESPN say they don't have the rights.

What is going to happen with the Australian TV coverage in 2007?????
Old 24 Jan 2007, 09:52 (Ref:1824436)   #2
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MN reported that 7 and Indy organisers had worked out a deal to see them on 7 at Indy.

For the rest of season, INdy organisers are trying to find a solution, Fox Sports/ESPN seems the most likely but will have to wait for further confirmation.
Old 24 Jan 2007, 09:57 (Ref:1824440)   #3
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
MN reported that 7 and Indy organisers had worked out a deal to see them on 7 at Indy.

For the rest of season, INdy organisers are trying to find a solution, Fox Sports/ESPN seems the most likely but will have to wait for further confirmation.
Yes I know about the Indy deal but I thought they said at a later date that they were not showing the Champcar race. I don't see why they can't just show the full series. They could show the other races live before Sunrise from around 4-6. They have alot of Motor Racing this year (especialy considering they have had nothing for years) but it looks like they are only interested in supporting Australian racing.
Old 24 Jan 2007, 11:46 (Ref:1824534)   #4
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
True but I wouldnt expect it. Dont think all the races would fit comfortably into the 4-6 time frame.

Fox Sports I'd like to see. Atleast they push there programs abit, less viewer pool than FTA but then again whats the viewer pool on 10 at 2 am.
Old 24 Jan 2007, 13:00 (Ref:1824619)   #5
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spoke to someone at the Champcar end today and they said there's no word on any Australian TV deal yet.
We'd be happy to run it on In Pit Lane :-)
Old 24 Jan 2007, 13:32 (Ref:1824654)   #6
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane
Spoke to someone at the Champcar end today and they said there's no word on any Australian TV deal yet.
We'd be happy to run it on In Pit Lane :-)
Yes, but IN PIT LANE is rated "M" - please consider of all the children that will not be able watch the Champ Cars.

Slightly OT - are there still plans to show speedway from Avalon on IN PIT LANE?
Old 24 Jan 2007, 13:50 (Ref:1824690)   #7
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez
Yes, but IN PIT LANE is rated "M" - please consider of all the children that will not be able watch the Champ Cars.

Slightly OT - are there still plans to show speedway from Avalon on IN PIT LANE?
Not Avalon but Rolling Thunder Bacchus Marsh, if I can get the time to edit it all.
Old 29 Jan 2007, 09:04 (Ref:1828378)   #8
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
has channel 10 walked away from all motorsport except F1???

gotta see champcar somewhere - been watching it for 15 years, plus there is will power to consider too....
Old 30 Jan 2007, 01:33 (Ref:1829137)   #9
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
They also still have Moto GP but they will probably sell both F1 or Moto GP or when it finishes on 10 they will never have any form of Motor Sport ever again. What will they cover on RPM this year? Just F1 and Moto GP?