Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today


WALTER HAYES TROPHY (HSCC)
Calendar: Historic Racing
Mike Bell
Race Official
 
3 Nov 2018 to 4 Nov 2018 07:30 to 17:30
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Location: Silverstone

The annual HSCC Formula Ford festival, with other races thrown in....
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3 Nov 2018, 20:48 (Ref:3860770)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran
 
delta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
United Kingdom
Reading UK
Posts: 6,859
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Delta - what was the cause of the large amount of smoke being produced as you rounded Luffield towards the end of qualifying?
Cam cover oil seal . All sorted for the race .
delta is offline  
Quote
Old 4 Nov 2018, 19:28 (Ref:3860956)   #17
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran
 
justracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
United Kingdom
West Sussex
Posts: 987
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Iíve had a great day out in my 793 March .Qualy P4 behind 2 Atlanticís and another F3 car . Fantastic start up to second at Copse . Atlantic passed me down to Beckets then F2 car came past up to Luffield . He went straight on and I settled down chasing the Atlantic . Lap five and missfire . Pitted and the battery had gone K Put . Guess my fault as car not run for over a year . I really enjoyed driving the F 3 again . Been lovely day . Well thatís it for 2018 .
I thought you pulled out in the collecting area before the start of the race, I was in the BRDC stand(free admission for the weekend) waiting for the start of your race. I saw you pull out and thought for whatever reason you wouldn't be starting so I made my way to the other side of the track to watch the remaining FFord heats, missed all the action!
Great weekend for me, the sight of a mixed grid of 30+ FFords spanning 40 or more years is always a sight to behold. Some really cracking races with top drivers and it's great to see the likes of Rik Morris, Westie Mitchell, Jonathan Lewis and co still getting a thrill from their machinery on track. With a weekend ticket costing just £15 which covered the rallycross event as well, it sure brightens a dull November weekend.
justracing is offline  
Quote
Old 4 Nov 2018, 21:14 (Ref:3860975)   #18
delta
Subscriber
Veteran
 
delta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
United Kingdom
Reading UK
Posts: 6,859
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I thought you pulled out in the collecting area before the start of the race, I was in the BRDC stand(free admission for the weekend) waiting for the start of your race. I saw you pull out and thought for whatever reason you wouldn't be starting so I made my way to the other side of the track to watch the remaining FFord heats, missed all the action!
Great weekend for me, the sight of a mixed grid of 30+ FFords spanning 40 or more years is always a sight to behold. Some really cracking races with top drivers and it's great to see the likes of Rik Morris, Westie Mitchell, Jonathan Lewis and co still getting a thrill from their machinery on track. With a weekend ticket costing just £15 which covered the rallycross event as well, it sure brightens a dull November weekend.
Ah sorry about that. We had fitted a new radiator and I thought we had an air lock so went back to paddock and checked. Topped up coolant and got back just in time to start the race. Glad you enjoyed the racing. Although I had a short race I still very much enjoyed being back out in my trusty F3 car.
delta is offline  
Quote
Old 6 Nov 2018, 16:05 (Ref:3861383)   #19
dwh43scale
Racer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
United Kingdom
In exile from Derbyshire in t'South
Posts: 210
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmt3Jkax

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmmsa43j

First couple of galleries from a damp Sunday at Silverstone. Others to follow ...

EDIT - that's damp Sundays at Silverstone and galleries from the weekend !
dwh43scale is offline  
Quote
Old 6 Nov 2018, 17:37 (Ref:3861399)   #20
dwh43scale
Racer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
United Kingdom
In exile from Derbyshire in t'South
Posts: 210
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmt3Jkax

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmmsa43j

First couple of galleries from a damp Sunday at Silverstone. Others to follow ...

EDIT - that's damp Sundays at Silverstone and galleries from the weekend !
EDIT - Janet Cesar trophy now added

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmveCuvj
dwh43scale is offline  
Quote
Old 7 Nov 2018, 16:56 (Ref:3861668)   #21
dwh43scale
Racer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
United Kingdom
In exile from Derbyshire in t'South
Posts: 210
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
EDIT - Janet Cesar trophy now added

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmveCuvj
EDIT - All Formula Ford races on Sunday now available at -
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwh38/albums
dwh43scale is offline  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WALTER HAYES TROPHY (HSCC) Mike Bell Historic Racing Today 16 7 Nov 2017 21:48
Brdc To Run Walter Hayes Trophy In 2004 JEB National & International Single Seaters 6 19 Nov 2003 12:14
BRDC WALTER HAYES TROPHY for FF1600 JEB National & International Single Seaters 75 9 Nov 2003 21:27
The Heats - Brdc Walter Hayes Trophy JEB National & International Single Seaters 87 3 Nov 2003 09:09


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 16:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.