Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Feb 2014, 15:37 (Ref:3362919)   #1
oliver88
Rookie

oliver88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frederic Makowiecki at Porsche?

What was the snag with him racing at Daytona? Did the Aston Martin contract come back to bite them? He is a terrific talent, hope he gets some Porsche seat time soon!
Old 1 Feb 2014, 15:59 (Ref:3362925)   #2
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Apparently he's staying with Aston Martin.
Old 1 Feb 2014, 15:59 (Ref:3362926)   #3
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, it seemed that the contract backfired Mako, preventing him to race Rolex.
Old 1 Feb 2014, 16:27 (Ref:3362935)   #4
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How could he stay at Aston Martin, when he's confirmed for Porsche?
Any reasons?
Old 1 Feb 2014, 16:36 (Ref:3362937)   #5
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Semi-speculation: Aston Martin had a contract option to keep him on for 2014, he thought it wasn't going to be retained and signed for Porsche, they announced it and then Aston went "erm, actually Fred, hate to break it to you, but...".

I hope he's driving something fast in 2014 though, whichever way it is sorted.
Old 1 Feb 2014, 16:39 (Ref:3362938)   #6
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Semi-speculation: Aston Martin had a contract option to keep him on for 2014, he thought it wasn't going to be retained and signed for Porsche, they announced it and then Aston went "erm, actually Fred, hate to break it to you, but...".

I hope he's driving something fast in 2014 though, whichever way it is sorted.
Something fast this year? Sounds cool.
Old 1 Feb 2014, 16:42 (Ref:3362940)   #7
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Apparently he's staying with Aston Martin.
Can't see it being a very good working relationship/environment if he did.
Old 1 Feb 2014, 17:38 (Ref:3362954)   #8
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Can't see it being a very good working relationship/environment if he did.
For sure. I interpreted it as AMR ultimately planning on letting him go, but wanting to relieve Porsche of some $$$ in buying out his contract along the way.

Sounds like he's arguing the contract was breached when they benched him for races on weekends when he did not have conflicting Super GT commitments.
Old 3 Feb 2014, 15:32 (Ref:3363637)   #9
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Why do people DO these silly things? My word is my bond. I honour contracts. Yet I seem to be always reading of folks breaching/breaking contracts, then expecting to be PAID to dissolve a contract THEY breached? (Not talking this specific case, as I have NO idea of contracts between Mako and anybody else...)

Whatever he drives this year, I wish Mako well. He's been entertaining me for some time now.
Old 3 Feb 2014, 17:09 (Ref:3363684)   #10
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Why do people DO these silly things? My word is my bond. I honour contracts. Yet I seem to be always reading of folks breaching/breaking contracts, then expecting to be PAID to dissolve a contract THEY breached? (Not talking this specific case, as I have NO idea of contracts between Mako and anybody else...)

Whatever he drives this year, I wish Mako well. He's been entertaining me for some time now.
I respected your opinion, but I think he's gonna drive for Porsche by the whole way.