Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 25 May 2003, 07:51 (Ref:609227)   #1
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hang Your Head In Shame Colin Bond

I amongst many of you, are today the most disgusted motorsport fans in the world.

I give my up most support to Neil Crompton as to what he said on air about Colin Bond and the AVESCO Officials involved in the Murphy Lowndes incident at Winton today.

I cannot recall at any time ever hearing anywhere more ignorant boof-headed comments by someone meant to have earned his position.

I feel sorry for our V8 Superstars being at the mercy of such a lesser mortal as Colin Bond. How someone with such a distinguished career as himself and still racing today can be so blind and so inconsistent in his decisions and still hold his job is absolutely mind-boggling!

The man must have the intelligence of six year old! As he sees and incident, with-out delving into further evidence, with-out giving time to consult, reacts within a split second and starts pointing fingers at what may usually seem to look like obvious. You have to question if he is watching the same race and the same coverage, I've bagged Channel 10 before but today the were very hasty in putting up the slow mo' replay of the incident and the story was revealed before us, Lowndes stepped on the brakes in front of Murph to steady his car, Murph was so close that he had no time to react, even Lowndes later said in a round about way that it was a racing incident.

I would like to send a message out to Colin Bond:
Despite any of your past achievements, over the past couple of years you have been teetering on respectability and consistency, today you have simply lost all credibility. You are an ignorant moron. You should think and assess before you act, not the other way round. If I were you I would hand in my letter of resignation tonight and salvage what is left of your reputation.

Hang your head in shame Colin Bond
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter
Old 25 May 2003, 09:00 (Ref:609265)   #2
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My sentiments exactly.
Old 25 May 2003, 09:46 (Ref:609290)   #3
AussieV8
Veteran

Australia
Orange, NSW Australia
AussieV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shoot that arrow Archer:
Old 25 May 2003, 09:59 (Ref:609294)   #4
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Hang Your Head In Shame Colin Bond

Quote:
Originally posted by Archer
I amongst many of you, are today the most disgusted motorsport fans in the world.

I give my up most support to Neil Crompton as to what he said on air about Colin Bond and the AVESCO Officials involved in the Murphy Lowndes incident at Winton today.

I cannot recall at any time ever hearing anywhere more ignorant boof-headed comments by someone meant to have earned his position.

I feel sorry for our V8 Superstars being at the mercy of such a lesser mortal as Colin Bond. How someone with such a distinguished career as himself and still racing today can be so blind and so inconsistent in his decisions and still hold his job is absolutely mind-boggling!

The man must have the intelligence of six year old! As he sees and incident, with-out delving into further evidence, with-out giving time to consult, reacts within a split second and starts pointing fingers at what may usually seem to look like obvious. You have to question if he is watching the same race and the same coverage, I've bagged Channel 10 before but today the were very hasty in putting up the slow mo' replay of the incident and the story was revealed before us, Lowndes stepped on the brakes in front of Murph to steady his car, Murph was so close that he had no time to react, even Lowndes later said in a round about way that it was a racing incident.

I would like to send a message out to Colin Bond:
Despite any of your past achievements, over the past couple of years you have been teetering on respectability and consistency, today you have simply lost all credibility. You are an ignorant moron. You should think and assess before you act, not the other way round. If I were you I would hand in my letter of resignation tonight and salvage what is left of your reputation.

Hang your head in shame Colin Bond
What ****......

Colin Bond is Driving Standards ADVISOR. I hope that word is not to big for you he is and ADVISOR and as such he does NOT make the desicion on the penalties he discuss them and ulitamtly the desicion falls with the stewards and Clerk or Course. It is a joint effort. The desicion was wrong definatly but it was not ALL Bondy's.

Gee I would be upset if I was told to hand my head in shame by an EXPERT like Crompton. This is the man who carried on like a big girl on tv after spinning in his own oil at Bathurst in 1993 Top Ten Shoot out only to find it was his own oil.

Lastly there are No Superstars in V8's. The most ignorant boof head coments I have read have been these. Try and find out a bit more about the CAMS system before attacking one out of a probable 7 or 8 in Race Control.
Old 25 May 2003, 10:05 (Ref:609302)   #5
Archer
Veteran

No one believes that "Bondy", most of us can read between the lines and understand what is happening.
"Driving Standards Advisor" means one thing to most of us... He is the man behind the decisions, if you believe otherwise (or are trying to make us think otherwise) then you are thicker than most of us ever gave you credit for.

Last edited by Archer; 25 May 2003 at 10:10.
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

Old 25 May 2003, 10:09 (Ref:609304)   #6
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Gee thats clever....

Have youy spent any time in race control?????

Probably like Crompton no you haven't so maybe you both would like to see how the desicions are made before you critise only 1 person
Old 25 May 2003, 10:12 (Ref:609305)   #7
Archer
Veteran

Slow down matey boy and read my posts again

Old 25 May 2003, 10:13 (Ref:609306)   #8
Archer
Veteran

and listen again to the comments made by the man in question today.

Old 25 May 2003, 10:18 (Ref:609313)   #9
AussieV8
Veteran

Australia
Orange, NSW Australia
AussieV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CB I think the real Colin Bond should stick to driving around Tassie with a cardie on in the Camry with the old dude from the UK. He may well be one of the panel but they made the wrong decision and he made it on national TV. Its fine to roast Cromley of past tenths but atleast he had the balls to say what he said.

Long live PROCAR down with AVESCO....
Old 25 May 2003, 10:19 (Ref:609315)   #10
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Quote:
Originally posted by Archer
and listen again to the comments made by the man in question today.
You edited your post after I had replied. You just a bit slow

I heard the comments and I don't agree with what Colin said. Your missing the point there are more pepole desiding the penlty etc than just Colin Bond. Deffinatly it was disapointing.

No Bondy is NOT the man who makes the desicions. He advises talks it over with CLerk Of Course, Race Director and Stewards. They then radio the sector marshall at that coner and ask for his feelings on the incedent then the Clerk Of Course hands down the penalty
Old 25 May 2003, 10:21 (Ref:609316)   #11
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
it was wrong and they all should be immediately sacked , and this I would love to see, and before anyone says its harder than it looks , what a load of rubbish , they are hopeless at their jobs and should be taken out the back and flogged.

yes they are being consistant , consistantly wrong that is.

I lost respect for Bondy today whether he was behind the decision or not , IF he is just an advisor then he should have advised them that murph had no chance at all.

stupid old fart should quit before a driver belts him around the head abit.
Old 25 May 2003, 10:26 (Ref:609320)   #12
Archer
Veteran

You just cant stand to loose face can you colinbond, a guy who needs to have the last word, I noticed as soon as posted your last message you logged off, funny that...

You are a delusionist, plain and simple.

Old 25 May 2003, 10:53 (Ref:609343)   #13
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This was a shocking decision. But you have to look at the positives that came out of it. Atleast it has given everyone something to talk about, as todays race was extremely poor.
Old 25 May 2003, 10:57 (Ref:609345)   #14
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whether or not he makes the decision or not, he said, on national tv, that he thought it was the right decision, and that comment alone makes him as much, if not more guilty than anyone else, without any doubt.

Do not try to defend the undefendable as will lower peoples opinion of you as well.
Old 25 May 2003, 10:59 (Ref:609347)   #15
Bomn
Veteran

Australia
Bomn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First of all the rules of this forum are available for all to read. http://tentenths.com/forum/misc.php?...ge=1#behaviour take special note of paragraph 2.

I'll stick my neck out and back the decision. It's funny how the same people are involved in controversial decisions round after round. It does not matter what the car in front did, you are not allowed to make contact.

Is Ingall that much better than Murphy? He managed to avoid a similar incident with Paul Weel.

I think Crompton is a goose. He gives the impression that he knows what he is talking about but most of the time he gets it wrong or gets lost in the media hype and turns into a Mike Raymond clone.
Old 25 May 2003, 11:01 (Ref:609350)   #16
Archer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Dazz
Whether or not he makes the decision or not, he said, on national tv, that he thought it was the right decision, and that comment alone makes him as much, if not more guilty than anyone else, without any doubt.

Do not try to defend the undefendable as will lower peoples opinion of you as well.
Just thought it needed to be said again, although I dont think peoples opinions of colinbond here could go any lower.

Old 25 May 2003, 11:05 (Ref:609353)   #17
Dazz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Bomn
Is Ingall that much better than Murphy? He managed to avoid a similar incident with Paul Weel.

I think Crompton is a goose. He gives the impression that he knows what he is talking about but most of the time he gets it wrong or gets lost in the media hype and turns into a Mike Raymond clone.
You have got to be kidding haven't you?????????

Did wheel hit the anchors hard mid corner, no he didn't. He got a bit sideways and gathered it up. Maybe Crompton needs to buy a colou tv for some other people as well.

Maybe the question should have been, is Wheel that much better than Lowndes?"

Last edited by Dazz; 25 May 2003 at 11:05.
Old 25 May 2003, 11:06 (Ref:609354)   #18
Rhys_00
Racer

Rhys_00 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its his own fault, calls like that pearler by him today make people dislike him. Poor murph gets it in the backside by officials time and time again, its about time somebody with some credibility made a point of it. Onya murph, lowndes and cromley. Oh and Bomn, remind me how many seasons you have done in V8 Supercar? I would say Crompton is more qualified to whinge about it than you are.

Last edited by Rhys_00; 25 May 2003 at 11:07.
Old 25 May 2003, 11:08 (Ref:609356)   #19
Dazz
Veteran

Yeah funny how even Lowndes said he didn't necessarily agree with the decision, and after all he would know better than anyone what happened, except Mr Bond and Co it would seem.
Old 25 May 2003, 11:17 (Ref:609358)   #20
Bomn
Veteran

Australia
Quote:

Did wheel hit the anchors hard mid corner, no he didn't. He got a bit sideways and gathered it up.

I believe his name is Weel and he did brake three times so is that heavily?

Maybe Crompton needs to buy a colou tv for some other people as well.

The only thing Crompton needs to buy is a mirror to take to bed so he can wake up to himself.

Maybe the question should have been, is Wheel that much better than Lowndes?"

Last edited by Bomn; 25 May 2003 at 11:18.
Old 25 May 2003, 11:19 (Ref:609361)   #21
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whats wrong with the big Mike Raymond
Makes you wonder, when Robby Crawford went to FPR, to talk to them,why Mr Lowdnes oponion wasnt relayed to the people in charge. That may have stopped them from making the huge decision that was made. Smurph does get some bad luck, poor guy. Ambrose move on "Maxy" I thought was a bit more dubious
Old 25 May 2003, 11:20 (Ref:609362)   #22
Dazz
Veteran

Well, Weel finished 5th and Lowndes finished 10th, you tell me.

If you can look at the footage, and tell me that Weel wiped off as much speed as Lowndes did in one single brake application then we are looking at differend incidents my friend.
Old 25 May 2003, 11:25 (Ref:609365)   #23
Rhys_00
Racer

Rhys_00 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lowndes opinion would have been relayed, for sure.
I'm guessing they thought that just because Lowndes didn't mind, it was still a punt. Even though they were stupidly wrong.
Old 25 May 2003, 11:29 (Ref:609366)   #24
Bomn
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Well, Weel finished 5th and Lowndes finished 10th, you tell me.
The difference is that Ingall avoided Weel and Murphy drilled Lowdnes.

If you can look at the footage, and tell me that Weel wiped off as much speed as Lowndes did in one single brake application then we are looking at differend incidents my friend.

He was in more trouble than Lowndes he just didn't get hit.

Last edited by Bomn; 25 May 2003 at 11:30.
Old 25 May 2003, 11:36 (Ref:609374)   #25
Dazz
Veteran

If he was in more trouble how come he wasn't on the outside edge of the track like Lowndes was? If he was in more trouble why did he not have to brake very hard?

If you look at where Lowndes was just before he backed into Murphy, he was on the outside edge of the track, brakes on and with about 30 degrees of opposite lock, and heading straight off the track. Weel wasn't.

Have a good long hard look at the replay and tell me in all honesty that Lowndes would not have gone off anyway without the tap.