Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Nov 2020, 09:03 (Ref:4018240)   #1
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wayne Gardner

ABC Tuesday night, Wayne Gardner movie.
Old 25 Nov 2020, 06:58 (Ref:4018630)   #2
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Cracking doco. It seemed comprehensive. My only question would be what is his relationship with his brothers, or did I misinterpret that he did?

He doesn't have the stats Doohan and Stoner have, but he was far more impactful in his rise.
Old 25 Nov 2020, 12:58 (Ref:4018699)   #3
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
Cracking doco. It seemed comprehensive. My only question would be what is his relationship with his brothers, or did I misinterpret that he did?

He doesn't have the stats Doohan and Stoner have, but he was far more impactful in his rise.
I recorded it and look forward to watching it
Old 25 Nov 2020, 13:40 (Ref:4018707)   #4
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For those who forgot / missed it it is available online via the ABC iView thingy. No registration needed just click the link below and then click the play button when the page loads.(Presumably for Aussie residents only but you never know, if you are overseas and want to watch give it a try. It may not be geo-blocked ).

https://iview.abc.net.au/show/wayne
Old 25 Nov 2020, 17:13 (Ref:4018740)   #5
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
For those who forgot / missed it it is available online via the ABC iView thingy. No registration needed just click the link below and then click the play button when the page loads.(Presumably for Aussie residents only but you never know, if you are overseas and want to watch give it a try. It may not be geo-blocked ).

https://iview.abc.net.au/show/wayne
Yes it's blocked, I even tried turning my Smart TV upside down
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 26 Nov 2020, 17:51 (Ref:4018910)   #6
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Yes it's blocked, I even tried turning my Smart TV upside down
It does work with a VPN (allegedly) and is well worth watching !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Nov 2020, 01:56 (Ref:4018968)   #7
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Love it when an Aussie's win a world championship in motorsport!

Got to love him being part of the official bicentenary celebrations, riding onto the stage on his Rothmans bike!
Old 29 Nov 2020, 07:50 (Ref:4019335)   #8
Kato
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Kato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a listen to Gardner talk about his time in the V8's on the V8 Sleuth pod cast. He has not changed a bit, he sure ain't humble.
Old 29 Nov 2020, 08:57 (Ref:4019337)   #9
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow! Loved it. Thanks for the iView link!

Some great memories in there.
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 30 Nov 2020, 13:56 (Ref:4019676)   #10
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
I had a listen to Gardner talk about his time in the V8's on the V8 Sleuth pod cast. He has not changed a bit, he sure ain't humble.
I listened too, he was quick!
Old 30 Nov 2020, 23:23 (Ref:4019778)   #11
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Most bike racers aren't, Mick Doohan would be a good example. I had some conversations with some one who worked in HRC and he was not the flavour of the month with some people apparently.
Old 1 Dec 2020, 01:29 (Ref:4019788)   #12
Kato
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Kato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Most bike racers aren't, Mick Doohan would be a good example. I had some conversations with some one who worked in HRC and he was not the flavour of the month with some people apparently.
If I could then give an exception to the rule, Mr Troy Bayliss, one of nature's gentlemen. Being interviewed after a MotoGP win and referring to Rossi as "the Master" some years later the Thursday before the Philip Island World Supers round at the Isle of Wright Hotel sitting at a table next to ours with his non racing friends from Taree and just talking and laughing like any other patron.
Old 1 Dec 2020, 19:49 (Ref:4019997)   #13
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gardner did it the hard way which explains his attitude, he came to the UK with naff all, much like Bayliss later and plenty of others.

He was tough nut, had a particular way of riding and did not suffer fools. He was also a bit of a moaner at times, and was very injury prone, but a tougher son of a gun you could not find.

Mick was totally different, they didn't get on, for obvious reasons as Mick was much quicker once things came his way, he was not a man keen to develop the bike though, if it worked, leave it, not the HRC way. And he absolutely HATED the fact that everyone could see his data, his setups etc, and to be honest I don't blame him. He did the work, and he took the mickey later by developing a different engine like the old pre big bang units, purely to mess with Okada's and Crivilles head as he knew they would not be able to ride it. And he was right.

That is some tough stuff.