Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Sep 2018, 10:11 (Ref:3847851)   #201
Dixon9
Rookie

Dixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Leclerc moved to Ferrari would he be absolute #2 or would he get a genuine crack?

Feel bad for Vandoorne. Your stock crashes through the floor so fast in this game. Norris in?
Old 3 Sep 2018, 10:17 (Ref:3847853)   #202
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Wonder where Vandoorne will go now. So few seats left in F1
Old 3 Sep 2018, 10:21 (Ref:3847854)   #203
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Rumours suggest Raikkonen will not be retained for 2019. Leclerc had a signed agreement with Marchionne for a Ferrari seat in 2019 that will be respected. Rumour has it KR was never going to be retained for 2019 no matter what. Strange decision that, because Raikkonen is clearly the better driver at Ferrari. More popular with the Tifosi than Vettel too.

Also, Kvyat will be at Toro Rosso for 2019, apparently. This was also a rumour that was quite strong at Monza. Cannot believe how Red Bull/Toro Rosso got themselves in a situation where they're so desperate for F1 drivers, that they are now giving their rejects a second chance?? They were rejected for a reason!

Nothing official yet though.

Old 3 Sep 2018, 10:47 (Ref:3847861)   #204
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
So, will Kimi go to McLaren or Williams, or will he just go home?
Old 3 Sep 2018, 11:05 (Ref:3847865)   #205
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Norris & Sainz at Mclaren in 2019
Old 3 Sep 2018, 11:08 (Ref:3847866)   #206
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Norris is in at McLaren.

https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/tea...-mclaren-2019/

Old 3 Sep 2018, 11:13 (Ref:3847867)   #207
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
First he’s back in Star Wars IX, now Lando in F1. 2019 - year of Lando!
Old 3 Sep 2018, 12:59 (Ref:3847899)   #208
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Rumours suggest Raikkonen will not be retained for 2019. Leclerc had a signed agreement with Marchionne for a Ferrari seat in 2019 that will be respected. Rumour has it KR was never going to be retained for 2019 no matter what. Strange decision that, because Raikkonen is clearly the better driver at Ferrari. More popular with the Tifosi than Vettel too.

Also, Kvyat will be at Toro Rosso for 2019, apparently. This was also a rumour that was quite strong at Monza. Cannot believe how Red Bull/Toro Rosso got themselves in a situation where they're so desperate for F1 drivers, that they are now giving their rejects a second chance?? They were rejected for a reason!

Nothing official yet though.

I’m going to make some predictions as per “F1Guy” rules.

Le Clerc to Ferrari
Le Clerc to Haas
Le Clerc to stay at Sauber

I have no proof of any of them but if one of them is right then I can tell everyone I predicted it.

Nothing official yet though and Maldonado could be there, or Kyvat or Romain or still Kimi or etc etc
Old 3 Sep 2018, 13:01 (Ref:3847901)   #209
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post
I’m going to make some predictions as per “F1Guy” rules.

Le Clerc to Ferrari
Le Clerc to Haas
Le Clerc to stay at Sauber

I have no proof of any of them but if one of them is right then I can tell everyone I predicted it.

Nothing official yet though and Maldonado could be there, or Kyvat or Romain or still Kimi or etc etc
You forgot to include ‘apparently’
Old 3 Sep 2018, 13:12 (Ref:3847903)   #210
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Kimi/LeClerc rumour was reported yesterday by auto-motor-sport already: https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...att-raikkonen/.
Old 3 Sep 2018, 13:19 (Ref:3847904)   #211
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
You forgot to include ‘apparently’
F1 prediction post builder:

'Talk in the paddock / word from the circuit / story coming out of [insert location here], is that apparently [insert name here] is going to do [insert activity here] at [insert vague reference to a time in the future]. No confirmation yet, waiting for it to be made public and official'

Repeat in various threads with all combinations of driver/team/activity until something happens in F1, then claim that was the news you had all along.
If anyone else posts a counter opinion, dismiss it as being fake news.

Don't forget to include a few posts bashing a driver/team/organisation, and if anyone has a differing opinion of certain teams or drivers, accuse them of being a fan[gender].
Old 3 Sep 2018, 13:21 (Ref:3847905)   #212
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I predict Kimi to stay at Ferrari. I remember years ago I made the prediction of JV going to Sauber BMW and I was ostracized my many on this forum.

If Kimi really did have a crazy good second half, a stroke of a pen could really change anything. If he has made his decision that he “wants” to retire, that’s another story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3 Sep 2018, 14:10 (Ref:3847910)   #213
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
I predict Kimi to stay at Ferrari. I remember years ago I made the prediction of JV going to Sauber BMW and I was ostracized my many on this forum.

If Kimi really did have a crazy good second half, a stroke of a pen could really change anything. If he has made his decision that he “wants” to retire, that’s another story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No I can't see him wanting to drive for anyone else tbh? It's another year at Ferrari or arrivederci....
Old 3 Sep 2018, 18:54 (Ref:3847950)   #214
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a shame for Kimi - if he could have won yesterday in front of the Tifosi, that could have sealed it for him (if he still wants it, of course). I still see it as in the balance (which is good for Kimi as I thought Leclerc was a dead cert a couple of months ago).
Old 3 Sep 2018, 19:59 (Ref:3847973)   #215
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
It sounds harsh, but, pole and second place notwithstanding, Räikkönen is yesterday’s news, and Leclerc is Ferrari’s future.
Old 3 Sep 2018, 20:01 (Ref:3847975)   #216
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unfortunately you’re right I’ll be happy if he stays, but I know what I’d do if I was running the team.
Old 4 Sep 2018, 06:51 (Ref:3848063)   #217
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
It sounds harsh, but, pole and second place notwithstanding, Räikkönen is yesterday’s news, and Leclerc is Ferrari’s future.
Vettel's Monza performance finally cemented a feeling that I've had for a while.

While Lewis is at Mercedes Seb is not the driver who will deliver the World Championship to Ferrari.

Way to early to suggest Leclerc might be that driver but for me I can't see Seb beating Lewis over a season.
Old 4 Sep 2018, 14:26 (Ref:3848145)   #218
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
This has been the most exciting silly season for a long time. Drivers going left right and center to different teams. Merc the only team so far to keep both drivers.

Would love to see Leclerc at Ferrari, should see much closer competition between Ferrari and Merc
Old 4 Sep 2018, 16:03 (Ref:3848164)   #219
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I would like to see how LeClerc goes in a Ferrari. We already know that unfortunately Kimi is no longer at the level to take up a title challenge if anything bad happened to SV.
Old 4 Sep 2018, 23:41 (Ref:3848236)   #220
Skam85
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I would like to see how LeClerc goes in a Ferrari. We already know that unfortunately Kimi is no longer at the level to take up a title challenge if anything bad happened to SV.
Hmm. Not sure I entirely agree. He is hamstrung by Ferrari focussing everything on Seb.

If Kimi is kept on for next year, and let's say 1999 replicates itself with Vettel getting injured as Schumacher did, I've no doubt the shackles will be released on Kimi should Ferrari acknowledge him as the default team leader.
Old 4 Sep 2018, 23:57 (Ref:3848242)   #221
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Sure, the “shackles” (such as they are) would be taken off, but does Kimi, in his late 30s, have the chops to take the fight to Hamilton and Verstappen? My answer would be no. I hope Leclerc gets the seat, and we are able to say “So long, and thanks for all the fish” to Räikkönen, who can go and drink vodka on his yacht in peace. Has he delivered on the promise he once had? Not fully, no. But he was world champion, and that is given to very few.
Old 5 Sep 2018, 00:25 (Ref:3848247)   #222
Skam85
Veteran

Quote:
Sure, the “shackles” (such as they are) would be taken off, but does Kimi, in his late 30s, have the chops to take the fight to Hamilton and Verstappen? My answer would be no. I hope Leclerc gets the seat, and we are able to say “So long, and thanks for all the fish” to Räikkönen, who can go and drink vodka on his yacht in peace. Has he delivered on the promise he once had? Not fully, no. But he was world champion, and that is given to very few.
Verstappen still hasn't put it together over a full season, and there are big question marks on where Red Bull will be with the Honda. But yes, I don't see him ultimately beating the current spec of Lewis over a season. It wouldn't be a cakewalk though.

It will be a sad day when there is no Kimi or Alonso in F1, but all good things must come to an end.

Leclerc is a star in the making. We are in an exciting era of F1 when it comes to young drivers. Leclerc, Norris, Gasly, Verstappen, Ocon.
Old 5 Sep 2018, 00:41 (Ref:3848250)   #223
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
And, hopefully, Russell sooner rather than later.
Old 5 Sep 2018, 00:51 (Ref:3848252)   #224
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
US reporting has placed Leclerc in the Ferrari for 2019 to be announced this week with Kimi out on his ear. Don't we'll see him in another F1 car, but I wouldn't count out his one-off appearances in weird cars in the future.
Old 5 Sep 2018, 08:15 (Ref:3848283)   #225
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Not only that but Kimi will be remembered as the most recent Ferrari driver to win a coveted WDC driving for Marinello. Joining a short list of names to have achieved this honour..... names such as Ascari, Fangio, Hawthorn, Phil Hill, Surtees, Lauda, Scheckter, Schumacher. And Raikkonen.