Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Mar 2000, 01:33 (Ref:7916)   #1
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A little while ago, Peter Mallett offered a little thank you roll-call of all of us usual suspects on this forum.

Well, now it's my turn.

This Saturday, fellow member Phil "Bluebottle" Rainey and I took a trip to Silverstone to catch the SUNBAC race meeting. Not only a great club event as always, but with the added attraction of our very own Peter Mallett competing in the red and yellow rocket that is his Ford Capri.

I would like to say a huge, huge thank you to Peter, his family and team, and Maisie and Chris for the very warm welcome we received, in spite of the very cold weather. It ensured that Bluebottle and I enjoyed one of the best days racing we have had for years.

Peter, you have gained two diehard fans, and we are both convinced that you will see off that Dolomite Sprint yet.

May you have untroubled qualifying laps and a start to drink a toast to at Mallory Park.

Tim
Old 20 Mar 2000, 20:11 (Ref:7917)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Tim,

It was a pleasure. I enjoyed the weekend because I was at least going faster than before. All I need to do is get my starts right. Yep its that Mickey-the-shoe excuse again.

Next stop 2 April - Mallory Park
Old 21 Mar 2000, 00:40 (Ref:7918)   #3
yelwoci
Racer

United Kingdom
London
yelwoci should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

As far as excuses go Pete forgot to mention that he was seriously worried about a possible Cylinder Head Gasket leakage and so was not able to push as hard as he might otherwise.

PS
I was the one providing the entertainment at Luffield in the Grp1 race!

IanC
Old 21 Mar 2000, 00:53 (Ref:7919)   #4
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ian, you and your beautiful Mazda RX-7 were indeed very entertaining.

So entertaining that I thought it discreet not to mention it!

I did like the comment from one of your team that all he needed was gravel from Becketts and he'd got the set!

More power to ya at Mallory. We'll be flying the flag for you.