Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 May 2014, 08:50 (Ref:3406873)   #151
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The Adrian in the thread is a Cortina driver from Pom!
Old 16 May 2014, 18:57 (Ref:3407030)   #152
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
The Adrian in the thread is a Cortina driver from Pom!
I know John, I found out with some difficulty.
Old 18 May 2014, 16:26 (Ref:3407547)   #153
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Just finished watching it all - mixture of live and recorded, thoroughly enjoyable races and good coverage. As mentioned above Motors Tv coverage can be a bit of a mixed bag but on this occasion it was a real success.

I always wonder with Monaco just how much you get to see of the racing as I presume the ability to 'wander' is somewhat restricted. Suspect it's more of an 'atmosphere' type of event? No doubt Malcolm might have a view on the spectating angle - think he attended this year?

Until a couple of months ago I had planned to attend (and double header with Spa Classic next weekend) but sadly had to cancel. Maybe next time.

I had a great time, with an excellent view from the grandstand plus big
screen coverage - thanks to Sublimao for advice on seating location.
There was a fabulous atmosphere, with a wide range of cars proving great racing. I would go again and wouldn't be put off by the lack of opprotunity to wander around the track.

Last edited by Malcolm Smith; 18 May 2014 at 16:27. Reason: duplication
Old 18 May 2014, 21:39 (Ref:3407611)   #154
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Smith View Post
I had a great time, with an excellent view from the grandstand plus big
screen coverage - thanks to Sublimao for advice on seating location.
There was a fabulous atmosphere, with a wide range of cars proving great racing. I would go again and wouldn't be put off by the lack of opportunity to wander around the track.
You can wander around the track when it's open to the public of course. I would recommend refreshment at least once at one of the bars that have to be passed during a track walk.

Best to do it the day before the proceedings start. Some wonderfully chaotic scenes to enjoy and plenty of activity on the boats as they stock up with comestibles, guests and the fit looking staff arrive to look after everyone.
Old 18 May 2014, 21:42 (Ref:3407612)   #155
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those without Motors TV, highlights on ITV4 on Tuesday 20th @ 20.00
Enjoy
Old 19 May 2014, 13:45 (Ref:3407856)   #156
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
James that brown C is quicker on all tracks than any D Type.

My tongue firmly in my cheek.
could be even quicker when rebuilt post Mille Miglia woopsie....
Old 19 May 2014, 13:51 (Ref:3407862)   #157
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Perhaps a bit quick for Belgium driver!
Old 19 May 2014, 13:56 (Ref:3407866)   #158
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Perhaps a bit quick for Belgium driver!
I gather he was in good company as the Brundle/Senna D is now Kamm tailed!
Old 19 May 2014, 15:58 (Ref:3407897)   #159
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SpeCTator View Post
For those without Motors TV, highlights on ITV4 on Tuesday 20th @ 20.00
Enjoy
Thanks for this, I keep bumping into people saying "we saw you on the tele".
Old 19 May 2014, 16:23 (Ref:3407905)   #160
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Thanks for this, I keep bumping into people .
You should look where you are going, then
Old 20 May 2014, 10:13 (Ref:3408171)   #161
Alan Cox
Rookie

Alan Cox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
The blind plonker full well aims to return.

Unless he gets his application turned down in 2016.......

Rudolf
Interesting to note that the stewards saw fit to exclude him from the meeting after the incident concerned. Bit late by then, I would have thought.
It may mean his card will be marked with regard to a future entry, however.
Old 20 May 2014, 10:57 (Ref:3408195)   #162
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Cox View Post
Interesting to note that the stewards saw fit to exclude him from the meeting after the incident concerned. Bit late by then, I would have thought.
It may mean his card will be marked with regard to a future entry, however.

weeelll
Goodmanns accident ended the race
excluding him afterwards was the earliest the Stewards could do anything about and it is nearly strongest form of action they could take short of banning him for a while.
Until then Goodman had been slow in practices but beyond that not really noticable.

Who knows, if he will get accepted again or not ?

Others had caused more incidents until then, to my knowledge the driver of the March 711 had one off per practice.

I think that the ACM would do well to look at the Goodwood "driving standards adviser scheme".
The nice thing about that is, that it creates one informal layer below official FIA sanction. This is a chance to resolve things before they escalate.
Somebody like Win Percy can give a driver useful advice and help him to upp his game and stay out of trouble.

Monaco is an FIA sanctioned race, the stewards are FIA stewards, they are professional stewards, meaning they are very good at what they are doing.
They are of course bound by the rulebook and that can easyly mean a heavy sanction. This means everybody thinks twice about involving them.

Under the Goodwood system several drivers would have had an interview with the adviser and some repeat problems could possibly been prevented.

Rudolf
Old 20 May 2014, 12:33 (Ref:3408237)   #163
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marc Duez would be a good choice - he is there anyway as "Joint Race Director". He was quite funny at the Driver's Briefing when somebody asked a rather pointless question (hope it wasn't you Rudolf!) and he replied "Are you Belgian?".
Old 20 May 2014, 12:54 (Ref:3408246)   #164
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
wasnt me, honest
nobody takes me for a Belgian....

Rudolf
Old 20 May 2014, 14:13 (Ref:3408262)   #165
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting article from Andrew Frankel on the particular challenge of the Monaco circuit:

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/ra...monaco-effect/

(Apologies if this has already been 'linked' but I don't recall seeing it before).
Old 21 May 2014, 05:55 (Ref:3408482)   #166
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I just watched the coverage, it must be hard to get all that action stuffed into an hour including advert breaks.

Is there anything better than Lotus 72 in JPS colours on the streets of Monaco? Perfection in my eyes.