Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Apr 2019, 04:30 (Ref:3895630)   #76
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
When you think about what can be done with half a potato…*
By the way I wonder why te scrut' team never asked why you still retain the spare wheel in the trunk. We all know about your system Ã* la mode Robby Gordon!

Weather forecast for the race gives rather cold no rain. Have fun!
Old 6 Apr 2019, 04:52 (Ref:3895634)   #77
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep good luck to all tenthers running for a great hassle free race.
Old 6 Apr 2019, 05:01 (Ref:3895636)   #78
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yep, good luck to the other competitors with all the hassle our tenthers will put on them!
Old 6 Apr 2019, 09:29 (Ref:3895657)   #79
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mike I see they introduced the notion of GTL driver and Elite driver in the 2.0 Cup. Right? What will happen to the team standing on pole, Smith/ Bryant, both being Elite? They have to stop for a longer time in the pits during the mandatory stop may be?
My understanding is that Smith made 2'15"459 and Bryant 2'14"277.
The top four cars are close to each other. Damien 11th is not a good surprise for him I guess. How is the weather?
Old 6 Apr 2019, 09:31 (Ref:3895659)   #80
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think a lot of the classes which have pro drivers in are marked with brackets and an apostrophe next to their name. Will be interesting what difference it makes come the pitstops.
Old 6 Apr 2019, 10:45 (Ref:3895669)   #81
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Mike I see they introduced the notion of GTL driver and Elite driver in the 2.0 Cup. Right? What will happen to the team standing on pole, Smith/ Bryant, both being Elite? They have to stop for a longer time in the pits during the mandatory stop may be?
My understanding is that Smith made 2'15"459 and Bryant 2'14"277.
The top four cars are close to each other. Damien 11th is not a good surprise for him I guess. How is the weather?
Correct, added time to pit stop... Ironic as they have had the rule for few seasons but have only now implemented it!
Old 6 Apr 2019, 11:22 (Ref:3895675)   #82
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I guess you had a moment with the Chevron. Was 18 th and finished 9th if I'm correct after more pit stops than on usual. Congrats to the driver who made the BLP, was not very far from full yellow…
Seeing what "the" B8 makes, 3" faster than the second one, shows what a driver Sandy W is in case of doubt ! What he does with his XI is fantastic too.
Old 6 Apr 2019, 11:36 (Ref:3895676)   #83
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No surprises with that B8,finished second last year at Spa in CER1.I'd imagine Kirkaldy set the quick time.

Good to see the 512m on pole. Hopefully it starts the race.
Old 6 Apr 2019, 18:07 (Ref:3895764)   #84
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Well done Mike. Not far from the first 26R.
Very well done to the 356 putting all Healey's behind. May others too!

Last edited by Gerard C; 6 Apr 2019 at 18:27.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 05:23 (Ref:3895820)   #85
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mike, from your knowledge is the Crosslé 9 S a genuine car or a continuation? Do you think it would be a good thing to have more? I like this car.

I can't believe how sometimes we must read the 356 results. Here its not how many 911's are behind but say only one is ahead… Some should feel miserable.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 05:37 (Ref:3895821)   #86
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I don’t know, Gerard. We have a Crossle expert amongst our number on here, so he may read this and know....

Good race for the Brit tenths contingent, with the family Stephens 356 humbling many cars that should be quicker, and the Morgan beating all but one of the multiple 26Rs and 911s that form the under 2.5 litre opposition. The Elan that won the class, a minute ahead after 2 hours, is owned by our previous main opposition. He has replaced his 911, that had failed to beat the SLR in previous years championships, with the 26R in a bid to finally win. We know that reliability will be the factor that decides, as there is no way the Morgan can match a 26R lap times......

CER1 race lunchtime, so hoping it stays dry for that- and loading up afterwards!
Old 7 Apr 2019, 05:51 (Ref:3895824)   #87
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
La fiabilité sera le maître mot sure you're right, you know your people. I've been codriving with Damien I know him quite well and we've never been real friends. He didn't sell his 911, keeping it for the 2.0 Cup. A very good car. What surprised me yesterday it to see him finishing. On usual he strips his car within ten laps and yells at his mechanics. When something's wrong it always someone else's fault. Probably Marc will calm down things.
I guess the same 26R will be used during Tour Auto ending one week before Spa. Do you know he owns a Diva GT?
Old 7 Apr 2019, 05:56 (Ref:3895825)   #88
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
His life started with that: https://www.amazon.fr/Chocolats-Kohl...ocolats+Kohler
To be fair I must add he has been working hard and is a very wise cold blooded business man. Push him hard he will either wreck his engine or send his car out of the track. If you push really hard may be both! How do I know? I was his race insurer…*
Old 7 Apr 2019, 08:38 (Ref:3895836)   #89
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quite the first race for the ERL.Must have been quite a sight watching the Speed 8 from the back and win by 15 seconds. The car was catching the 333sp by something like 2 to 3 seconds every sector at some stages. Looked like some good battles in the GT part of the race. Overall looks like quite a good round for the series first race.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 10:11 (Ref:3895854)   #90
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
HTC race shows Batmobiles ahead, first Capri finishing 7th (2600RS). 22 cars classified, 13 out. TC1 gives: Mustang, 3.0 CSI, Mustang. And the Dolly is classified!

Last edited by Gerard C; 7 Apr 2019 at 10:40.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 11:26 (Ref:3895886)   #91
Willmaz223
Veteran

What a race it looks like in CER1.After 58 mins a second covering the 512m,917 and T70.Not bad

917 wins by 3 seconds from the T70.

Not sure what happened to the 512M.Lost 20 seconds and 3rd place on the last lap and didn't take the flag.

Last edited by Willmaz223; 7 Apr 2019 at 11:32. Reason: Update
Old 7 Apr 2019, 11:38 (Ref:3895892)   #92
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mike will tell you.
Are they checking again the Cobras atm? What is the max rev setting, 6800 or more?
Old 7 Apr 2019, 12:33 (Ref:3895903)   #93
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
CER1 race was really close between first 3, but the 512 slowed on the final lap and pulled straight into parc ferme without crossing the line. Bianco’s rear suspension broke on last lap and he staggered into the pit lane far enough to cross the timing line..... Because they use the ‘75% rule’ both were classified. If not we’d have been on the podium again! (Under 2l)

Great to see the 917 win though!

BTW Gerard, a knowledgeable person here thinks the Crossle is the first continuation car that was built by the factory.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 12:59 (Ref:3895911)   #94
Willmaz223
Veteran

Yes great to see it win.Can't remember the last time a 917 won in historics.

Hopefully the grid is a good for Spa.Cannot wait to go.

Be interesting for the second GEL if Narac in the Ferrari can keep up with the Bentley.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 13:01 (Ref:3895912)   #95
Willmaz223
Veteran

Good vid of your Teams Morgan Mike On PA's Youtube.

I thinks its the right car if I've read correctly on here.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 13:35 (Ref:3895924)   #96
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post

Be interesting for the second GEL if Narac in the Ferrari can keep up with the Bentley.
Unfortunately the Bentley is a Non Starter.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 14:16 (Ref:3895945)   #97
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
His life started with that: [url]https://www.amazon.fr/Chocolats-Kohler/s?k=Chocolats+Kohler[/url
Interesting Garard. Would never have guessed. Chocolate by that name is made in the USA, but presume no link? Yes, knew he owned a Diva GT.

So, having said about missing the CER podium- guess what. After our man went up to have a chat with the CoC, they realised they had made a mistake, and we were indeed 3rd in class and higher placed o/a! You couldn’t make it up...... Drivers were most peeved about missing the opportunity to get closer to the young ladies presenting the trophies.

Peter Auto are increasing their YouTube coverage of events, and the SLR had one of the production team’s cameras in the car for the race, so hopefully some bits and pieces will get to feature!
Old 7 Apr 2019, 14:42 (Ref:3895953)   #98
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

So, having said about missing the CER podium- guess what. After our man went up to have a chat with the CoC, they realised they had made a mistake, and we were indeed 3rd in class and higher placed o/a! You couldn’t make it up...... Drivers were most peeved about missing the opportunity to get closer to the young ladies presenting the trophies.

Peter Auto are increasing their YouTube coverage of events, and the SLR had one of the production team’s cameras in the car for the race, so hopefully some bits and pieces will get to feature!
Well done Mike. Look forward to the PA video.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 14:45 (Ref:3895954)   #99
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://youtu.be/pQG4Q4ic0lQ

SLR in car from PA
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 7 Apr 2019, 15:04 (Ref:3895960)   #100
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thanks Will! Hopefully it will be your 356 at the next event! (Mind you- They’ll probably have to adjust the sound level )

BTW, it is categorically not the case that the timing error in CER was brexit related......