Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Nov 2006, 09:52 (Ref:1763313)   #1
Sparklehorse
Racer

Australia-Aboriginal
Perth
Sparklehorse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Orders / Manufactured Results??

Watching todays race, I think we are seeing manufactured results and there is more to come tomorrow.

1. Garth Tanders engine - Conveniently his engine lost power near the end and he only slowed enough to let Rick through and finish neatly behind him. The car sounded fine on the #10 audio contrary to Tanders comments about the car sounding like a tractor and being on 6 or 7 cylinders. After the race Tander was devastated. Ok he had a win taken away from him but he would have been more unhappy if it was the team/manufacturer taking the win away from him to secure rick more championship points. Would be interesting to look at some of Garth's telemetry. Defiantly off to HRT(/WPS ) next season?

2. Jason Bright said the person who leads into the first corner tomorrow will probably win the round. Is he going to let Mark through?
Old 11 Nov 2006, 10:27 (Ref:1763327)   #2
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklehorse
Watching todays race, I think we are seeing manufactured results and there is more to come tomorrow.

1. Garth Tanders engine - Conveniently his engine lost power near the end and he only slowed enough to let Rick through and finish neatly behind him. The car sounded fine on the #10 audio contrary to Tanders comments about the car sounding like a tractor and being on 6 or 7 cylinders. After the race Tander was devastated. Ok he had a win taken away from him but he would have been more unhappy if it was the team/manufacturer taking the win away from him to secure rick more championship points. Would be interesting to look at some of Garth's telemetry. Defiantly off to HRT(/WPS ) next season?

2. Jason Bright said the person who leads into the first corner tomorrow will probably win the round. Is he going to let Mark through?
He slowed enough to let Rick through- And let Winterbottom, a bloke he's battling with for third in the championship, through as well? Why would he let Rick through to grab two more points when Craig Lowndes was in 25th or something?

And the gap between Tander (4th) and Courtney (5th) was a significant one, I don't think Courtney had enough to catch him...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 11 Nov 2006, 10:45 (Ref:1763334)   #3
Nado
Racer

Australia
Melbourne VIC
Nado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think there's a problem at all had Garth waved Rick through. They're team-mates. When one guy's out of the championship, then I see no problem in him putting his efforts into helping his team win the championship.

And before you jump on me, I'm a Ford fan so I'd want more points lost by Rick, but if it was done on purpose, there's really no problem (and I don't think there's any conspiracy either).

Motor-racing for the most part is an individual AND team sport.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 10:56 (Ref:1763335)   #4
Exceler8
Racer

Exceler8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah and im sure tander let bright through when leading the race
of course he had an engine issue
when u could easily see that he was doing 55's and the top 3 were doing 51's
Old 11 Nov 2006, 12:58 (Ref:1763386)   #5
SkaifeHRT
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria Australia
SkaifeHRT has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklehorse

You are mentally ill.

Last edited by SkaifeHRT; 11 Nov 2006 at 13:06.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 13:08 (Ref:1763398)   #6
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRT Man_05
yeah and im sure tander let bright through when leading the race
of course he had an engine issue
when u could easily see that he was doing 55's and the top 3 were doing 51's

Pretty easy to drop 4 secs a lap if you want to.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 13:16 (Ref:1763404)   #7
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bright did say in the press conference something about sparks from Tanders exhaust.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 13:34 (Ref:1763421)   #8
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering that all it could possibly gain for Rick was 3 points (or was it less than that?), I think the potential for disaster by inviting people past would be far greater than that 3 point gain.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 13:53 (Ref:1763430)   #9
Sparklehorse
Racer

Australia-Aboriginal
Perth
Sparklehorse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tanders behavior after the race suggested that he was unhappy with recent events.

How would you feel to have a win taken from you not because of mechanical failure or driver error?

Drivers have egos.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 13:54 (Ref:1763431)   #10
Andylad
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
Andylad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People don’t seriously believe that, do they? Tander pretended he had an engine problem that allowed FPR though to a 1-2? Be wary of paranoia, guys, I really think that theory indicates a lost plot
Old 11 Nov 2006, 17:25 (Ref:1763515)   #11
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Team orders in motor racing have been around since they raced chariots,so whats your point?.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 20:50 (Ref:1763624)   #12
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These theories get better and better. HSVDT and HRT manufactured an engine problem and a wheel fitting problem to give Rick a leg-up. They certainly worked those problems well. GT dropped from 1st to 5th, letting both FPR cars through to a 1-2 (Holden would have loved that bit) to give RK an additional 3 points when Rick had already put himself 47 points ahead of Craig before the 'problem'. Excellent - but it didn't fool me. At least with Skaife's wheel problem, like AP pointed out, Mark played his part convincingly well.

I've got a better theory. Jamie Whincup was under instructions from VESA to nail Craig and give Rick a really decent leg-up. Like it?
Old 11 Nov 2006, 21:20 (Ref:1763646)   #13
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrgh8
I've got a better theory. Jamie Whincup was under instructions from VESA to nail Craig and give Rick a really decent leg-up. Like it.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 22:03 (Ref:1763675)   #14
team drinkalot
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
team drinkalot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig is obviously have a bad luck streak. It is ironic that Craigs team mate, through shear lake off talent, takes out the 888 Falcon and I also believe that Garth slowed to let Rick through.
Nobody remembers who came second or third in the championship.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 23:14 (Ref:1763710)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrgh8
I've got a better theory. Jamie Whincup was under instructions from VESA to nail Craig and give Rick a really decent leg-up. Like it?
I thought the Holden mafia had leaned on Mr Dumbrell to achieve perfect car placement to cause the mess....

Meantime, back in the world of reality.... I too thought the engine damage was odd... the coverage of the car as it drifted back thru the field did not show anything coming from the exhaust (eg oil, fluid, flames) that were not expected.... which if the engine had an internal failure, there is normally some outward sign.

If it was "putt putting" as much as the driver said.. how did it 'only' lose 4 seconds a lap when the Symmons Plains circuit is really only 2 straights & hairpin??

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Nov 2006, 23:16 (Ref:1763714)   #16
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some people have a little too much time on their hands.......

I bet Lee Harvey Oswald was behind it all. He pulled a lead from tander's car, gave Wincup a puncture, and sabotaged HRT's rattle guns....

And Today, he has more on the agenda!

...sheesh
Old 11 Nov 2006, 23:23 (Ref:1763718)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05
Some people have a little too much time on their hands.......

I bet Lee Harvey Oswald was behind it all. He pulled a lead from tander's car, gave Wincup a puncture, and sabotaged HRT's rattle guns....

And Today, he has more on the agenda!

...sheesh
Was 'Mr Oswald' employed by VESA to get some more people thru the gate at Phillip Island?
Old 11 Nov 2006, 23:47 (Ref:1763727)   #18
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by team drinkalot
and I also believe that Garth slowed to let Rick through.
Well as if he's going to fight over room with his teammate who's in contention for the championship...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 11 Nov 2006, 23:52 (Ref:1763735)   #19
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Was 'Mr Oswald' employed by VESA to get some more people thru the gate at Phillip Island?
Nah, won't they just use some of their inflatible crowd from OP?
Old 12 Nov 2006, 00:02 (Ref:1763743)   #20
Over Rev
Rookie

Australia
SE Melbourne
Over Rev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting though that when other cars were wizzing past a car 16 that the GRM car took a whole lap and still had to brake late into the hairpin and locked a brake to get through. How well are those blokes going!!
Old 12 Nov 2006, 01:32 (Ref:1763852)   #21
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Considering that Tander won race 2, and that Todd finished one spot in front of Rick and would have had plenty of time to let him past, can we please now put this to bed? And don't try to use the "but Todd isn't Rick's team-mate" line, cos last round we were having the "they're cheating by having 4 cars in the team to help Rick" argument. You can't have it both ways.
Old 12 Nov 2006, 01:55 (Ref:1763857)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1
Considering that Tander won race 2, and that Todd finished one spot in front of Rick and would have had plenty of time to let him past, can we please now put this to bed? And don't try to use the "but Todd isn't Rick's team-mate" line, cos last round we were having the "they're cheating by having 4 cars in the team to help Rick" argument. You can't have it both ways.
Mr R Kelly finished 0.2s in front of Will Davison in R2... and 8 seconds behind Mr T Kelly... so the opportunity to do a swapsie without possibly losing a place to Mr Davison was not there....
Old 12 Nov 2006, 02:40 (Ref:1763869)   #23
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fair dinkum you guys could find a conspiracy in a packet of corn flakes.
Old 12 Nov 2006, 02:54 (Ref:1763870)   #24
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle
Fair dinkum you guys could find a conspiracy in a packet of corn flakes.
Only 1 in every 3 packets though...
Old 12 Nov 2006, 02:55 (Ref:1763871)   #25
Chatters
Veteran

Australia