Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Oct 2013, 21:04 (Ref:3323418)   #101
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
That was a fun, old school style V8SC street fight.

I have no idea how Time Slade's car managed to make it to the finish.
And it still seemed to be running quickly despite the junked rear wing... Maybe Erebus should whinge about its aero too
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 26 Oct 2013, 22:44 (Ref:3323438)   #102
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I caved and hit the hay with about a dozen laps to go as everything seemed to have settled by then and didn't miss much, it seems. Great race up until then though, really did not know what was gonna happen next. Slade and Brabs wrung the neck of a wreck in that one! Would've loved to see d'Alberto make the podium, they had a quick car all day and did a good job despite the check-up that concertina'd into Murph and Dumbrell's disaster.
Old 26 Oct 2013, 23:50 (Ref:3323448)   #103
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was great watching Mr D'alberto chase down Mr Winterbottom. Then he got the death wobbles in the chicanes, but he pulled off one of the saves of the day, preventing himself from writing the thing off.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 01:33 (Ref:3323465)   #104
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another amazing qualifying today, with the vast majority of the field within 1 sec of each other and a fair variety of 'unusual' names in the top 10

After all the biff and bash yesterday the stewards obviously found it all to be 'just racing' - I guess the in car cameras show a different story to appearances out of the car:

Quote:
Stewards imposed a Pit Lane Penalty on Car #34 Alex Premat for careless driving causing contact on Car #7 Todd Kelly at Turn 4

Stewards imposed a Pit Lane Penalty plus a 10 second Stop on Car #21 Chris Pither for exceeding the Pit Lane Speed limit at Pit Entry (74kph).

After an investigation into an alleged Breach of the Rules, Car # 6 Will Davison causing contact with Car #18 Alex Davison at Turn 4, no breach of the rules were established.

After an investigation into an alleged Breach of the Rules, Car # 1 Paul Dumbrell causing contact with Car #22 Greg Murphy, no breach of the rules were established.
Link: Stewards Summary
Old 27 Oct 2013, 03:17 (Ref:3323480)   #105
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Chris Pither penalty was light. The car entered the pitlane at full noise, a very late call from the team/the driver not aware of the option left 2 big skids on the entry line . It was dangerous, and deserved a warning or worse!
Old 27 Oct 2013, 03:33 (Ref:3323482)   #106
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The Chris Pither penalty was light. The car entered the pitlane at full noise, a very late call from the team/the driver not aware of the option left 2 big skids on the entry line . It was dangerous, and deserved a warning or worse!
would have thought a pit lane penalty plus a time penalty suggest a pretty serious penalty

remember a safety car was called at the same time which was the reason for the late attempt
Old 27 Oct 2013, 04:49 (Ref:3323489)   #107
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Car stops at entry to pit lane.

Clearly in a dangerous position, but more so for those entering pit lane than those on the racing line.

Safety Car called which results in the majority of the field flying passed the stationary car to enter the pits!

Why wasn't the pit lane closed to allow the safe retrieval of the stationary car and once removed reopened?

Are the rules that black and white that common sense can't be acted upon?
Old 27 Oct 2013, 04:51 (Ref:3323491)   #108
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Car stops at entry to pit lane.

Clearly in a dangerous position, but more so for those entering pit lane than those on the racing line.

Safety Car called which results in the majority of the field flying passed the stationary car to enter the pits!

Why wasn't the pit lane closed to allow the safe retrieval of the stationary car and once removed reopened?

Are the rules that black and white that common sense can't be acted upon?
did someone crash into the stopped car? or did drivers use common sense?
Old 27 Oct 2013, 05:08 (Ref:3323497)   #109
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In that instance, yes the pitlane should've been closed.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 05:16 (Ref:3323499)   #110
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
did someone crash into the stopped car? or did drivers use common sense?
Thankfully no-one crashed into the stopped car, but in this instance I believe pit lane should have been closed to better direct the cars away rather than towards the stationary car.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 06:23 (Ref:3323505)   #111
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Congrats to DR & DC and the Bottle O team on there win today. Well driven both drivers
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 27 Oct 2013, 06:45 (Ref:3323511)   #112
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
great GC600 races, the only negative was the fact that the international the drivers were missing grid.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 07:03 (Ref:3323512)   #113
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Congrats to DR & DC and the Bottle O team on there win today. Well driven both drivers
Mr Coulthard & Mr Youlden had a quiet race but a 2nd slot was a good reward for the wreck they had yesterday...

While the SCAR mob did very well to get the pensioner a podium
Old 27 Oct 2013, 07:14 (Ref:3323516)   #114
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Mr Coulthard & Mr Youlden had a quiet race but a 2nd slot was a good reward for the wreck they had yesterday...

While the SCAR mob did very well to get the pensioner a podium
Agree
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 27 Oct 2013, 07:16 (Ref:3323517)   #115
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
great GC600 races, the only negative was the fact that the international the drivers were missing grid.
There were a few internationals on the grid.

Lieb, Bleekemollen, Baird, Murphy, Premat, Reid, McIntyre, Pither.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 07:17 (Ref:3323518)   #116
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post

I know, but there were too few
Old 27 Oct 2013, 07:22 (Ref:3323520)   #117
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
I know, but there were too few
Internationals would need to commit to the 3 enduros, Sandown, Bathurst & Gold Coast for the team to get value from their participation. Judging by the lifestyles of some, this could cost $50k to achieve, plus driving fees...
Old 27 Oct 2013, 07:27 (Ref:3323522)   #118
kurski
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Internationals would need to commit to the 3 enduros, Sandown, Bathurst & Gold Coast for the team to get value from their participation. Judging by the lifestyles of some, this could cost $50k to achieve, plus driving fees...
I think that the previous system was better than the current PIRTEK Enduro Cup
Old 27 Oct 2013, 07:29 (Ref:3323523)   #119
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Well done to Dave Reynolds and Dean Canto on a great drive. Major disappointment for MW.
Still can't believe that CL didn't cop a penalty in qually ( either yesterday or today ) for turning WD around or Owen into the back of one of the 888 cars during today's race.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 07:35 (Ref:3323526)   #120
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Still can't believe that CL didn't cop a penalty in qually ( either yesterday or today ) for turning WD around or Owen into the back of one of the 888 cars during today's race.
Im agreeing with you, but at the same time and element of consistency has been occuring

and history has shown some weird penalties happen at the Gold Coast (did Whincup get one yesterday)
Old 27 Oct 2013, 08:41 (Ref:3323542)   #121
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good race today, well done to Dave & Dean great drive. never heard boo of Fabs and Youlden until the end. storming drive from Old Mate The Enfercer great to see him up there.

feel sorry for the boys in #22 they were the form car today and old boy Spud put in a solid redeeming drive with James on fire and looking good after a **** 2 weeks and for it to end that way for them sucked. thats motor racing.

i have abit of an issue with the kerbs that are killing cars left right and centre the one that runs 90 degrees to the track is the killer one. i don't know the answer because everything they have done has failed.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 08:49 (Ref:3323548)   #122
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mini Moff's suggestion was to put back the tyre bundles, to make them drive AROUND the chicanes, rather than driving OVER them?

He also indicated that 'we' handled them (tyre bundles) OK in the past... it was mostly the 'internationals' that had difficulty with them!

?????

Discuss.....
Old 27 Oct 2013, 09:35 (Ref:3323565)   #123
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
Mini Moff's suggestion was to put back the tyre bundles, to make them drive AROUND the chicanes, rather than driving OVER them?

He also indicated that 'we' handled them (tyre bundles) OK in the past... it was mostly the 'internationals' that had difficulty with them!

?????

Discuss.....
yes agree with him but if i had a dollar for every SC that was called for a dislodged tyre bundle over the years i'd own my own Supercar team by now.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 10:01 (Ref:3323570)   #124
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post

And Brabham - I think he races as an Englishman.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 10:05 (Ref:3323574)   #125
kurski
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
And Brabham - I think he races as an Englishman.
Yes.