Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Aug 2021, 18:54 (Ref:4067559)   #1976
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Then just click the session on the main page, which is greyed out and as if it was locked.
OK, found 'super secret mode'..... Fingers crossed.....
Old 18 Aug 2021, 18:55 (Ref:4067561)   #1977
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Invested in the WEC app just for this race. iPad or cast to TV both work fine. Simply my preference for commentary team but will miss Mr Truswell. WEC phone app allows commentary only which will be useful Sunday when I am turning back the years at VSCC Mallory Park ...
Old 18 Aug 2021, 19:08 (Ref:4067569)   #1978
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
If anyone has Amazon Prime:
Old 18 Aug 2021, 19:11 (Ref:4067573)   #1979
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, that's what my son got.

It strikes me that watching Le Mans from home is massively more complicated than watching it at Le Mans.....
Old 18 Aug 2021, 19:32 (Ref:4067577)   #1980
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yeah, that's what my son got.

It strikes me that watching Le Mans from home is massively more complicated than watching it at Le Mans.....
Yes. When at Le Mans you naturally get to see the timing screen when you go to the toilet in the grandstand. Easy.

I might set up a screen new our toilet at home. With a bowl to leave a tip outside too.
Old 18 Aug 2021, 19:35 (Ref:4067578)   #1981
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Indeed. You just stand there and the cars drive past, zero effort needed.

FM radio always seems to still be tuned in to the correct frequency from the previous year.
Old 18 Aug 2021, 19:44 (Ref:4067579)   #1982
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched the 6pm (UK Time) session on Eurosport, the pictures were great, but one of the Commentators voices oh dear.
Hopefully he wont be on the 9pm show.
Old 18 Aug 2021, 20:04 (Ref:4067582)   #1983
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Watched the 6pm (UK Time) session on Eurosport, the pictures were great, but one of the Commentators voices oh dear.
Hopefully he wont be on the 9pm show.
If you have the Eurosport App or Player, select the uninterrupted ad free coverage (not the Eurosport 2 channel) as it has what I think may be the WEC feed with currently David Addison, Allan McNish & Graham Goodwin. I think it was the same last year for all sessions except for the race itself.

At least Carlton Kirby is busy ruining the Vuelta coverage this year so won't be on any of the Le Mans programmes.

Last edited by Alfaholic; 18 Aug 2021 at 20:08. Reason: Got the names wrong
Old 18 Aug 2021, 20:10 (Ref:4067583)   #1984
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I’m now all set up with Eurosport Player on ambient on my laptop with RLM commentary. Tenths and timing on my iPad. Perfect.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 18 Aug 2021 at 20:32.
Old 18 Aug 2021, 20:21 (Ref:4067589)   #1985
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post

At least Carlton Kirby is busy ruining the Vuelta coverage this year so won't be on any of the Le Mans programmes.
Carlton hasn't done Le Mans for about seven years...
Old 18 Aug 2021, 20:34 (Ref:4067600)   #1986
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Carlton hasn't done Le Mans for about seven years...
Really? His previous attempts at commentary must have scarred me more than I realised
Old 18 Aug 2021, 21:03 (Ref:4067604)   #1987
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The super secret Timing 71 is working brilliantly, by the way....
Old 18 Aug 2021, 22:29 (Ref:4067615)   #1988
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I’m now all set up with Eurosport Player on ambient on my laptop with RLM commentary. Tenths and timing on my iPad. Perfect.
Glad you got it sorted. For anyone else looking for the ambient sound, see attached.
Attached Thumbnails
39DFFC3B-6B6E-4A9D-AA29-F8529473026A.jpeg  
Old 19 Aug 2021, 00:39 (Ref:4067625)   #1989
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The super secret Timing 71 is working brilliantly, by the way....
That is fantastic! I will have that up during the race probably with the FIA feed on another tab with the forum. I'm not sure how my TV is going to go, I will either have it streaming from the wec app or from motortrend app or from the motortrend channel directly.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 01:27 (Ref:4067630)   #1990
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Indeed. You just stand there and the cars drive past, zero effort needed.

FM radio always seems to still be tuned in to the correct frequency from the previous year.
Yes but the geoblocking for watching it in person is pretty bad
Old 19 Aug 2021, 01:27 (Ref:4067631)   #1991
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I'll be

Eurosport
Radio Le Mans & official WEC alternating
Super secret
10-10ths
Messenger to others watching and someone there.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 01:28 (Ref:4067632)   #1992
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Yes but the geoblocking for watching it in person is pretty bad
Old 19 Aug 2021, 06:13 (Ref:4067648)   #1993
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
WEC's official English language stream has almost no sound in the right channel. I tweeted at WEC and Graham Goodwin. Hopefully someone notices before the end of the session.
Interestingly, other streams, including one with French commentary, are fine.
Morning - and apologies I wasn't looking at twitter at all yesterday - did that issue disappear? If not I will raise it this morning
Old 19 Aug 2021, 07:53 (Ref:4067658)   #1994
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Glad you got it sorted. For anyone else looking for the ambient sound, see attached.
It's strange that the ambient sound facility works perfectly on my desktop and my laptop but not on my internet equipped TV.....

Still, setup now sorted. I'll be going for fast times in the next session......
Old 19 Aug 2021, 11:02 (Ref:4067681)   #1995
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
It's strange that the ambient sound facility works perfectly on my desktop and my laptop but not on my internet equipped TV.....
I didn’t realise that was the difference. That is odd.
I invested on a little computer for the set up so we could easily install zoom, or anything else and have fill flexibility. It’s been our main connection to back home in these times and it has been nice to do it while relaxed in the family room rather than huddled round a device.
Quote:
Still, setup now sorted. I'll be going for fast times in the next session......
Old 19 Aug 2021, 11:39 (Ref:4067691)   #1996
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I could actually do with another laptop for the Timing 71 page as I can't get that on my iPad and if I want to check it on my laptop I have to briefly take the Eurosport picture off my screen. Is there any way you can get the widgeted Timing 71 on an iPad?
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:43 (Ref:4067779)   #1997
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I might sound stupid for a second, can you locate/acquire/commandeer another screen from anywhere in your house?

I either cast from chrome to a tv (freeing up the laptop for timing), or use another computer monitor or hardwired TV and extend my desktop. Race feed on main TV mounted to the wall, timing on temporary TV screen on the end table, and then laptop screen for saying stupid things on the internet.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:52 (Ref:4067785)   #1998
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I’m kind of used to the set up now….��
Old 19 Aug 2021, 16:53 (Ref:4067856)   #1999
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any knowledge yet of a free youtube or some web site that will have somebody streaming on board for the whole race.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 17:06 (Ref:4067857)   #2000
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Any knowledge yet of a free youtube or some web site that will have somebody streaming on board for the whole race.
By this point last year people had found streams of cameras in the pit lane, at the start line, in various garages and of on-board cameras.

I don't think there's been a single link posted this year yet.