Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 29 Dec 2006, 19:25 (Ref:1801408)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A Monaco Day Trip.

Has anyone ever been to Monaco, just for the day? I am thinking of popping in when in that part of the world.

What is there to see and do? Any recomendations?
The Private Collection of Antique Cars of H.S.H. Prince Rainier III looks good.

Are there any good cafes for a pot of lunch?

Obviously a slow drive round the circuit will be in order:
http://www3.monaco.mc/monaco/gprix/images/circ2.jpg

Visit Monaco has given me some starters. I wondered if any 10-10thers had been.
Old 29 Dec 2006, 20:29 (Ref:1801438)   #2
bgeorge104
Racer

United Kingdom
London, UK
bgeorge104 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went with my wife & kids in 2003, that year it was possible to go to the Monaco GP & Le Mans 24 hours on a 2 week holiday.

Are you flying or staying a few hours drive away?

Other than drive & walk the track I did none of the things you listed but would definitely make the time to visit, until you've been you can't appreciate how narrow the track is. One thing that struck me was how accurate on of the old Grand Prix games were for bits of detail around the circuit.

There are plenty of places to eat to suit all price ranges from typical fast food outlets to the skies the limit!
Old 29 Dec 2006, 21:35 (Ref:1801488)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I shall be in a car. We shall arrive after a few hours drive, but are staying nearby.
Old 30 Apr 2007, 20:23 (Ref:1903714)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
There are plenty of places to have lunch - all very nice. In the end though Tabac took our fancy.

Most of the time was taken just walking the circuit. Six weeks before the GP and work is well underway to get it ready, as the first picture shows.

The second shows how tight the hairpin is, especially if in a bus (or two).

The third shows a bollard knocked down at Rascasse, has TGF been in town?
Attached Thumbnails
pits.JPG   lowes.JPG   TGF.JPG  

Old 4 May 2007, 08:37 (Ref:1906359)   #5
matchfacts
Rookie

matchfacts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a fantastic place just to walk around and enjoy.

I've been a few times for the day - walked the circuit every time!

Walking up to the top of Rocheur gives some great views and the castle/palace is there.

If you want to relax at all, there's a small beach if you head away from the harbour area, through the tunnel.