Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Jan 2007, 21:52 (Ref:1828997)   #1
DanJR1
Racer

DanJR1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zytek 04S (Reynard 02S/DBA4 03S)? and creation

does IRM still own the rights to the chassis or do zytek now?

and where do teams like creation get their money from? there doesnt seem to be many sponsors?/

Last edited by DanJR1; 29 Jan 2007 at 21:55.
Old 30 Jan 2007, 20:18 (Ref:1829652)   #2
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i firmly believe it is zytek who own the rights to the zytek chassis now, i believe IRM and zytek built another two cars in co-operation(the two cars of course were split, one to team jota and one to creation autosportif).

although there is sometimes a bit of confusion with the zytek 04S name being used, for the zytek motorsport 2004, 2005 cars, and, the team jota 2004 and 2005 car.

while the creation autosportif car, was reffered to as a DBA(den bla avis?) 03S zytek in 2004, while in 2005 the car was referred to as DBA 03S judd, due in part to the installation of the new judd XV 3.4 V8 engine.

i think over the past 2 years zytek motorsport's funding came from essex invest, lego star wars and maybe bizzare studio's(last two in part maybe due to tom chilton racing for a good chunk of the 2005 season with zytek).

while creation autosportif received a good chunk of their funding in 2005, i think from laser handtools and stonemartin?, correct me if i am wrong.

while team jota had the same sponsors in 2004 and 2005, i think they are qinetic and viola?, anywhos the team jota operation very sadly went down after 2005 but, im hoping they return for 2007, afterall they may have bought the zytek 07S in LMP1.

but who knows it could just be a blindingly good red herring!

as for sponsorship, well its not very easy to get sponsorship, i tried to get some sponsorship so i could race in the saxmax championship in 2007 so i could make my first steps in the world of motorsport, but i couldnt get close to covering the costs even if i could get the sponsorship.

sponsorship in other words is bloody hard to get to say the least, big sponsors like pescarolo have like sony, playstation and gran turismo 4, and matmut are big sponsors apart from matmut, and they are very hard to get.

usually big sponsors in sportscars go to the BIG teams, audi, peugeot and pescarolo.
in other words sponsor wise zytek and creation are, compared to pescarolo and audi underdogs in the world of sponsorship, but definetely not on the racetrack!
Old 30 Jan 2007, 21:50 (Ref:1829730)   #3
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Team Jota did not disappear - Sam and the boys were providing the crew for the factory Zytek (as well as working in A1GP)
Old 30 Jan 2007, 21:59 (Ref:1829738)   #4
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
i firmly believe it is zytek who own the rights to the zytek chassis now, i believe IRM and zytek built another two cars in co-operation(the two cars of course were split, one to team jota and one to creation autosportif).
The story with these cars is a bit like a mystery novel. I think there was an article by Mulsanne Mike but I know it started with Reynard. After they went bust, a few companies were involved including IRM and finished the first car which at some point was run by John Nielsen and called a DBA (Creation later bought it). I don't know how or when Zytek got involved but they built two cars (one for themselves and one for Jota) sometime later. Creation later bought the Jota car. As to chassis rights, I haven't a clue. I presume it must be someone other than Zytek or Creation, otherwise, they would have announced something.

I know...Shaw
Old 30 Jan 2007, 22:34 (Ref:1829775)   #5
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
As to chassis rights, I haven't a clue. I presume it must be someone other than Zytek or Creation, otherwise, they would have announced something.
Although they look similar, both cars now have a number of differences to the overall car and chassis, so they are their own 'products' hence their own car designations.
Old 30 Jan 2007, 22:53 (Ref:1829783)   #6
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
The story with these cars is a bit like a mystery novel. I think there was an article by Mulsanne Mike............
There was, this one.......
Old 31 Jan 2007, 11:29 (Ref:1830103)   #7
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The chaps at http://www.kwmotorsport.com/ are the ex-Reynard people who've been involved in a lot of the variations of the original design.
Old 31 Jan 2007, 11:50 (Ref:1830119)   #8
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its a great story - I understand that the Zytek design is Zyteks and fully owned by them. The KWM crowd did the Nasamax, Protran, Creation, IRM, DBA etc.. but don't shoot me if I got that wrong.