Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 31 Aug 2009, 14:33 (Ref:2531865)   #1
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Clyde Valley Racing official withdrawal

Colin Neill's released a press statement as to why Team CVR are out. Generally seems other sponsors are responsible, not Cartridge World.

Unsurprisingly turns out those 'technical' issues for Jones were more sponsor based as to why he didn't make Knockhill. Makes Shedden's great drive very much a sweet swansong to the team's 2009 challenge.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=3895
Old 31 Aug 2009, 15:03 (Ref:2531881)   #2
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
Generally seems other sponsors are responsible
Definitely not Colin Neill's fault then!

Quote:
"Team CVR is now in preparation for their assault on the 2010 HiQ MSA British Touring Car Championship"

Anyone want to give me odds?
Old 31 Aug 2009, 16:38 (Ref:2531941)   #3
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
Colin Neill's released a press statement as to why Team CVR are out. Generally seems other sponsors are responsible, not Cartridge World.

Unsurprisingly turns out those 'technical' issues for Jones were more sponsor based as to why he didn't make Knockhill. Makes Shedden's great drive very much a sweet swansong to the team's 2009 challenge.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=3895
You may have noticed that one of GS new sponsors FFDA was on the RML cars at Silverstone.
Old 31 Aug 2009, 18:07 (Ref:2531989)   #4
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Definitely not Colin Neill's fault then!
Just what I was thinking. Convenient. Were there any sponsors missing from the car at Knockhill that were there at Snetterton?

I seen Jones on ITV4 yesterday and he did say it was due to budget he missed Knockhill, never thought in a million years it'd be budget related!
Old 31 Aug 2009, 19:22 (Ref:2532032)   #5
Ed Peters
Racer

Ed Peters should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes.. But whose budget?

One can assume, the way the statement reads, one of Adam Jones sponsors had'nt paid?

That I find hard to believe!
Old 31 Aug 2009, 19:30 (Ref:2532036)   #6
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
You may have noticed that one of GS new sponsors FFDR was on the RML cars at Silverstone.
FFDR have been part of the knockhill scene for years, they have sponsored our own mini cooper cup. would love to see Gordon move to a professionally run, honest team with integrity like RML

odds on a CVR comeback, i'd give you 50/1, odds on cvr doing a full season with 2 cars at every meeting 100/1
Old 31 Aug 2009, 20:27 (Ref:2532095)   #7
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You're a brave man Alan... I'm tempted..

FFDR definitely chose the best team to support - guessing that may have come about after it was clear Shedden wouldn't be there.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 09:03 (Ref:2532349)   #8
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
i would even put money on Paul Luti getting the MG out in BTCC before CVR get back out there. Blair, mention the name colin neill in the knockhill paddock and see what reaction you get
Old 1 Sep 2009, 09:31 (Ref:2532359)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A shame to see them gone, sponsors are hard to find at present but maybe it's no coincidence that it's this team which have lost out. Hopefully Cartridge World can set something up for Jones for the rest of the year, and maybe for 2010. Then again, if they were 100% committed to the team they could have made up the shortfall themselves - it can't be that much more than what they've paid for the whole season, especially as their stores have had visible BTCC branding.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 20:32 (Ref:2532749)   #10
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide View Post
Then again, if they were 100% committed to the team they could have made up the shortfall themselves - it can't be that much more than what they've paid for the whole season, especially as their stores have had visible BTCC branding.
But why should they have to? Or who's to know if they even can? If a company has a budget to spend, it's not necessarily wise to go over it; it was enough at least to stop the team turning up. As headline sponsor already, I doubt CW would get much more out of any extra payments.

I was surprised that CVR ever made it onto the grid. In a way they've acheived their aim, as they're pretty much carbon neutral now.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 11:48 (Ref:2533064)   #11
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Hang on - I've just read a quote in Sun Motors from Colin Neill that says it was the fact they dropped to 1 car at Knockhill that caused problems with Cartridge World and they therefore split with CVR.

Thats not what that article says?
Old 2 Sep 2009, 12:22 (Ref:2533086)   #12
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
That's what you get for reading the Sun, that well known bastion of journalist integrity
Old 2 Sep 2009, 14:33 (Ref:2533173)   #13
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
if colin neill told me grass was green i'd still double check
Old 10 Sep 2009, 10:52 (Ref:2537663)   #14
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From reading the forum on Kiddie's Corner, sorry btcc.net, Motorsport News suggests that Shedden will link up with GR Asia in the same car for the last 2 meetings.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 14:26 (Ref:2537801)   #15
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Have a read at the last sentence of this story on Knockhill's site: http://www.knockhill.com/news.php?a=549
Old 11 Sep 2009, 22:14 (Ref:2538805)   #16
Ed Peters
Racer

Ed Peters should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the story is out touringlegend....

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=3951