Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 22 Mar 2014, 16:20 (Ref:3383043)   #1
EmileNaus
Rookie

United Kingdom
EmileNaus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodwood members' Meeting

I look forward to next weekend and the Goodwood members' meeting. It is my first marshal trip to Goodwood. Any hints and tips from the regulars? In particular, access to car park (I know the Revival traffic is bad, but I guess that won't be the case next week), sign-in, can we park at the post? I will be at post 13 (between St Mary's and Lavant corner. Any help, great fully received!
Old 22 Mar 2014, 18:12 (Ref:3383068)   #2
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have a decent read of the instructions that were sent. There are very specific requirements for Goodwood meetings, and this is a special "members only" event. Marshals are part of the show..

You need to park in the marshals car park and then walk to sign on (behind Woodcote corner). You can't access the circuit until 0700. There are no vehicles allowed into the circuit and you'll be taking a bus around to Post 13. You could walk, I walked to St Marys last year, but there's an airstrip in the way and it's a long way round.

Both days will be very busy and Saturday in particular is a long one. Marshals are invited to the Saturday evening event, but there is a dress code.
Old 22 Mar 2014, 21:33 (Ref:3383124)   #3
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I walked to St Marys last year

I know, you only just made it, look forward to seeing you next weekend…..

Bladders...
Old 24 Mar 2014, 08:15 (Ref:3383537)   #4
FATNACKER
Racer

United Kingdom
WILTON
FATNACKER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GOODWOOD

Looking forward to this one! My first meeting of 2014 (apart from training day at Thruxton ) flagging with my old mate David wickham down at Lavant (15) , on paper this looks a cracking meeting!! A sort of mini revival! Let's hope it's a tad warmer and dryer ? See ya there folks !
Old 24 Mar 2014, 10:32 (Ref:3383562)   #5
yellowspanner
Racer

Wales
Dorset
yellowspanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got Post 1 so looks like I'm part of the show. Should be a good weekend. Managed to blag a guest pass for my son as well.
Old 24 Mar 2014, 21:36 (Ref:3383796)   #6
bonjour
Rookie

England
Clanville, Hants.
bonjour should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATNACKER View Post
Looking forward to this one! My first meeting of 2014 (apart from training day at Thruxton ) flagging with my old mate David wickham down at Lavant (15) , on paper this looks a cracking meeting!! A sort of mini revival! Let's hope it's a tad warmer and dryer ? See ya there folks !
Yep me to although I'll be taking it very steady especially as this is the first meeting since suffering a heart attack last October, I'm now a member of the 2 stent club. I'm on post 15 with my old buddies who have many years of experience, I'm sure they will be keeping an eye on me along with my fiancée; getting married early November @ Brooklands Museum.

See you all at sign on early Saturday morning
Old 25 Mar 2014, 09:35 (Ref:3384010)   #7
Steve Fox
Racer

United Kingdom
S.W.London
Steve Fox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileNaus View Post
I look forward to next weekend and the Goodwood members' meeting. It is my first marshal trip to Goodwood. Any hints and tips from the regulars? In particular, access to car park (I know the Revival traffic is bad, but I guess that won't be the case next week), sign-in, can we park at the post? I will be at post 13 (between St Mary's and Lavant corner. Any help, great fully received!

I too am on 13F, As this meeting is unlike the others you would be well advised to read the final instructions carefully, have a look on marshalsguide here:http://www.marshalsguide.com/index.php/Goodwood_Circuit Leave plenty of time to get to signing on. Once you have signed on it is (in effect) the circuits responsibility to get you to post as it is more than 500m. You will need all your standard kit, those in whites are along the start line, where they are in the public view (or more specifically the cameras view)
The car park is marked on the back of your car pass and will be clearly marked by road signs. It is not at the circuit. I am going to pm you my mobile number so you can ring me if you get completely lost. That way you won't.
Old 25 Mar 2014, 23:22 (Ref:3384398)   #8
EmileNaus
Rookie

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Fox View Post
I too am on 13F, As this meeting is unlike the others you would be well advised to read the final instructions carefully, have a look on marshalsguide here:http://www.marshalsguide.com/index.php/Goodwood_Circuit Leave plenty of time to get to signing on. Once you have signed on it is (in effect) the circuits responsibility to get you to post as it is more than 500m. You will need all your standard kit, those in whites are along the start line, where they are in the public view (or more specifically the cameras view)
The car park is marked on the back of your car pass and will be clearly marked by road signs. It is not at the circuit. I am going to pm you my mobile number so you can ring me if you get completely lost. That way you won't.
Thank you all - I have now read the instructions properly... and they are pretty complete! I look forward to Saturday - unfortunately I cannot make the Sunday.
Old 27 Mar 2014, 15:44 (Ref:3385186)   #9
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to my first meeting of 2014, however i've just noticed the sign on time of 07:00 each day. As its about a 80 - 90 minute drive to the circuit and the clocks go forward this weekend I'm thinking about a B&B for the Saturday night. Not surprisingly there are none available at "reasonable" prices. If anyone has any room at their B&B please let me know, otherwise its "lack of sleep marshalling" this weekend. Thanks.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 27 Mar 2014, 21:25 (Ref:3385336)   #10
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly 1 View Post
Looking forward to my first meeting of 2014, however i've just noticed the sign on time of 07:00 each day. As its about a 80 - 90 minute drive to the circuit and the clocks go forward this weekend I'm thinking about a B&B for the Saturday night. Not surprisingly there are none available at "reasonable" prices. If anyone has any room at their B&B please let me know, otherwise its "lack of sleep marshalling" this weekend. Thanks.
Nothing like a bit of forward planning! What about camping? Weather looks good.

Sign on starts at 0700, but there's potential to turn up a bit later... but Sunday will still feel very early!
Old 27 Mar 2014, 23:10 (Ref:3385364)   #11
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Friel View Post

Sign on starts at 0700, but there's potential to turn up a bit later... but Sunday will still feel very early!
Crap, does that mean two early starts for me, you know I don't look my best first thing, see you there Dan, looking forward to it…..

Bladders…..
Old 28 Mar 2014, 09:20 (Ref:3385497)   #12
yellowspanner
Racer

Wales
Dorset
yellowspanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Friel View Post

The boy was not very happy when I pointed out we would be getting up at the equivalent of 0315 on Sunday morning to get there for 0700.
Old 3 Apr 2014, 18:50 (Ref:3388386)   #13
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you

A big thank you to all you guys that were there last weekend, much appreciated and I hope you all realise how much you guys meant to my late Dad.
I tried to give all posts a thumbs up on the slow down lap - apologies if I missed anyone.
I made sure I had my BMMC badge sewn on my race suit especially too, that and my Marshall Wingfield one, need some retro
I hope to see some of you soon and I hope you all enjoyed the event.
Old 3 Apr 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3388423)   #14
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBRM View Post
A big thank you to all you guys that were there last weekend, much appreciated and I hope you all realise how much you guys meant to my late Dad.
I tried to give all posts a thumbs up on the slow down lap - apologies if I missed anyone.
I made sure I had my BMMC badge sewn on my race suit especially too, that and my Marshall Wingfield one, need some retro
I hope to see some of you soon and I hope you all enjoyed the event.
Gregor, I thought the meeting was a total blast, and reminded me a lot of the original Revival meetings. Great racing, and I think everyone involved should be extremely happy with the result.. a few issues with the Saturday evening, but not unexpected with a totally new concept.

I hope all of the drivers enjoyed it as well, they kept the marshals at the chicane entertained...

Marcus Pye did a good write up in Autosport and some excellent pics as well.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 08:36 (Ref:3389206)   #15
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Greenslade View Post
I have on my office wall a signed photo from Gerry which was sent to me while I was seriously ill in hospital three years ago; it is of himself sitting in an Austin Healey with the laurels around his neck, raising a glass of champagne and wishing me all the best, it was taken at the Goodwood revival meeting four years ago, this has now become a family heirloom and much treasured.
I posted this up nine years ago and it now hangs in my hallway, it is the first thing you see when entering my house…….

Bladders
Old 6 Apr 2014, 09:47 (Ref:3389222)   #16
EmileNaus
Rookie

United Kingdom
Great day on Saturday - thanks to all on post 13. Some great racing, loved to see Pirro going from last to 2nd in 15 minutes in the first race.
If you haven't seen it yet, Goodwood has posted highlight videos on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...9fdmIi-6M0I87J
Hope this runs again next year!
Old 11 Apr 2014, 12:51 (Ref:3391070)   #17
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
NICK ALLISON should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Extracts from the meeting on ITV4 on 13th April @ 06.40 and 20th April @ 05.45.
Old 11 Apr 2014, 19:20 (Ref:3391237)   #18
Pitsmarion
Rookie

Guernsey
Huntingdon
Pitsmarion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Nick.

ps - just sent you a PM
Old 11 Apr 2014, 21:12 (Ref:3391272)   #19
Slipstick
Racer

United Kingdom
N. Staffs
Slipstick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICK ALLISON View Post
Extracts from the meeting on ITV4 on 13th April @ 06.40 and 20th April @ 05.45.
Errr....Channel 4 not ITV4 and with repeats on Wed 16th 03.45 (Prog 1) and Wed 24th 03.00 (Prog 2).

My recorder will be watching them for me .

Steve