Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Dec 2018, 14:16 (Ref:3868565)   #51
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I was thinking more along the lines of incisents and the way they're dealt with . . .or not . . .and who picks up the tab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Yes! Probably my fault for posting about the clash between both Goody meetings and BTCC rounds.....
Old 11 Dec 2018, 11:04 (Ref:3869377)   #52
Surf 1275
Rookie

Surf 1275 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
The "and variants" may include the Broadspeed Coupe" if there are any examples available, built, restored or invented by that time.

Variants I'm pretty sure means factory built Minis like the Elf and Hornet, as opposed to derivatives like the Ogle, Broadspeed GT and Mini Marcos.
Old 11 Dec 2018, 11:58 (Ref:3869390)   #53
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf 1275 View Post
Variants I'm pretty sure means factory built Minis like the Elf and Hornet, as opposed to derivatives like the Ogle, Broadspeed GT and Mini Marcos.
I’m sure you’re right, but does anyone race an FIA Elf or Hornet?

Yet.
Old 11 Dec 2018, 15:57 (Ref:3869450)   #54
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And as if by magic.....

https://www.classicandsportscar.com/...f-1968/9074908
Old 11 Dec 2018, 18:08 (Ref:3869482)   #55
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I’m sure you’re right, but does anyone race an FIA Elf or Hornet?

Yet.
Immaculate Elf at Donington 2012:
Attached Thumbnails
1  DSCF7978.JPG   2 DSCF8064.JPG  
Old 11 Dec 2018, 18:29 (Ref:3869487)   #56
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Smith View Post
Immaculate Elf at Donington 2012:
That looks more FIA.....
Old 12 Dec 2018, 09:47 (Ref:3869623)   #57
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
That looks more FIA.....
I would think that apart from a very few proportion of cars which are mainly in northern countries or where Appendix K is truly enforced, the Mini race won't be FIA except for the papers that will be waived in that paddock and weekend.

The dog engagement gearbox, quaife and funny flywheels and so on that either are "standard" fittments for "reliability" or used for the later to extract even more of the cars have simply rendered them silhouettes...

That silhouette term would surely suit the name of the race... And yes, on the papers everything is right but as nobody takes them apart or dares to look and say something.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 09:50 (Ref:3869625)   #58
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That looks more FIA.....

I'm surprised it doesn't run a Weber. So, question. Is the DCOE homologated for the Mini Cooper or Cooper S? I ask because I've not really looked at Minis before.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 10:32 (Ref:3869639)   #59
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
That looks more FIA.....
In Grp 1 or T, homologation forms give SU's only on ally manifold, HS2 or H4 depending on year and displacement.
Grp2 gives them limited slip differential BMC type, 8 port ally head and peg drive wheels if I'm correct plus other period correct mods. If legally used of course.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 10:54 (Ref:3869642)   #60
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
I'm surprised it doesn't run a Weber. So, question. Is the DCOE homologated for the Mini Cooper or Cooper S? I ask because I've not really looked at Minis before.
When I did the GM Gp1 race I was paddocked next to a 1275GT that pretty sure had twin sidedraft webers..... Not crossflow head, however.

As Duddha says, the grid will likely be one of the ones where the scrutineers are told to concentrate on safety only.... Would be good to see a full grid of fully compliant FiA cars though, it would be more in line with the original period Mini races they are referencing!
Old 12 Dec 2018, 11:00 (Ref:3869644)   #61
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Would be good to see a full grid of fully compliant FiA cars though
I guess there are. Seing some adverts, saying FIA appendix compliant, some Mini preparers seriously take this in count.
Did you detail the Golf GTI seen at GW? Running the K-Jetronic?
Old 12 Dec 2018, 11:19 (Ref:3869648)   #62
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
There are "some" pearls of literature to be found in the homologation forms, may be. BMC (#1201 Cooper S 1100) had a "high traction differential" recognized with no further indication I could find.
And if you're running a 3.0 litre Grp1 Capri, one homologated carb' - DFI 5 - might have a wrong venturi diameter after a certain date… Strange, no?
Old 12 Dec 2018, 16:07 (Ref:3869700)   #63
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
When I did the GM Gp1 race I was paddocked next to a 1275GT that pretty sure had twin sidedraft webers..... Not crossflow head, however.
Could it have been using split Webers - where they only use one choke out of each of them to allow a straighter inlet tract?
Old 12 Dec 2018, 16:16 (Ref:3869703)   #64
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Possibly but that would have been to GP 1.5 don't forget.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 16:18 (Ref:3869705)   #65
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Possibly but that would have been to GP 1.5 don't forget.
Yes, and it was the ‘in car camera’ car as well.

I guess any Mini with normal head would have to use split Weber’s- not enough ports for 4 chokes!
Old 12 Dec 2018, 16:20 (Ref:3869707)   #66
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Indeed.
Old 21 Feb 2019, 09:51 (Ref:3885720)   #67
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Any sign of a timetable for this yet?

(Nothing on the website, hoping for insider knowledge!)
Old 25 Feb 2019, 12:30 (Ref:3886512)   #68
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
There a serious question that am sure will be on the minds of many folk with an interest in this meeting-

How are they going to ensure that the daffs are still in flower on April 6th?

Way things are going in this neck of the woods they’ll be over in a couple of weeks. Have they planted a late flowering variety? Are the banks they’re planted on climate controlled? If they are all finished beforehand will more be planted?

Difficult one.....
Old 25 Feb 2019, 21:36 (Ref:3886606)   #69
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The spectator banking were pretty much in full flower on the 9th February for the rally stage meeting, I had the same thought when I was there. How will they prolong the flowering season? Something in the patron's name suggests to me that the daffodills will pretty much on their last legs come the MM.
Old 26 Feb 2019, 07:45 (Ref:3886665)   #70
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
The nation hold its breath - why worry about Brexit when his Lordship's narcissi may be in jeopardy ? It was bad enough freezing my arse off last year but if there's no daffs in April I'll want a discount next year..

Maybe he should move MM to Croft ? No daffs out in my garden, 20 miles away ...
Old 26 Feb 2019, 07:50 (Ref:3886667)   #71
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I'm worried that Jeff Bloxham won't be photographed stalking through the Daffodils.
Old 26 Feb 2019, 08:14 (Ref:3886675)   #72
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I read that as 4WD! and 2 engines obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
There are "some" pearls of literature to be found in the homologation forms, may be. BMC (#1201 Cooper S 1100) had a "high traction differential" recognized with no further indication I could find.
Old 26 Feb 2019, 10:36 (Ref:3886712)   #73
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
The nation hold its breath - why worry about Brexit when his Lordship's narcissi may be in jeopardy ? It was bad enough freezing my arse off last year but if there's no daffs in April I'll want a discount next year..

Maybe he should move MM to Croft ? No daffs out in my garden, 20 miles away ...
I like the idea of Croft..... I reckon if the daffs have finished flowering they will be replaced by another lot.
Old 26 Feb 2019, 10:56 (Ref:3886716)   #74
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I like the idea of Croft..... I reckon if the daffs have finished flowering they will be replaced by another lot.
If the daffs have finished at least the photographers will have to come up with something more original than yet another 'through the daffodils' shot!
Old 26 Feb 2019, 11:06 (Ref:3886718)   #75
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
What was the washing powder that gave away plastic daffodils in the 60's? A few lorry loads of those would be period correct...