Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 12 May 2021, 14:10 (Ref:4051263)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fia f2 Monaco 2021 races

Next week the f2 gang goes to Monaco and as per normal a heads up here, the 1st race is on a Friday next weekend and the 2nd and 3rd races are on a Saturday next week so three goes of trying not to copy a Mick Schumacher from the last time the cars were here

I just wonder which group for next Thursday qualifying session will be the odd numbers and the even numbers?
Old 19 May 2021, 14:47 (Ref:4052265)   #2
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Let's keep it real. This is the favourite race of Dallara.
Old 19 May 2021, 15:58 (Ref:4052269)   #3
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have a replacement already and I t has increased the British count at my end as Jack Aitken is taking the seat of car 22 instead of Nannini
Old 19 May 2021, 22:41 (Ref:4052315)   #4
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mad to me that Formula Renault qualifying starts at 7:55am local time on Friday.

Dont forget there are F2 races now. One Friday 10:45am, 2 Saturday 7:20am, 16:15pm. Times are UK time.
Old 21 May 2021, 12:49 (Ref:4052526)   #5
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ive been wondering why people are jumping all over Alessio Deledda and then i saw that his best finish in any race across all series was 6th. Not that im criticising, just surprised.
Old 23 May 2021, 10:32 (Ref:4052836)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Some great action in all 3 races.

Lawson looks very much like Red Bulls next superstar in the making.

Pourchaire so calm and consistent for one so young.

Piastri had to do a lot of defensive driving this weekend.

Shwartzman's title ambitions may well be over already.
Old 23 May 2021, 12:19 (Ref:4052849)   #7
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Is this the second race weekend that Hitech have been caught out by illegality?
Old 23 May 2021, 15:38 (Ref:4052918)   #8
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ticktum seemed to have a great weekend, even if he won on a technicality

Interesting fact about the youngest man Pourchaire I saw, he was born the same week as when Alonso won his first GP
Old 23 May 2021, 17:06 (Ref:4052924)   #9
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Ticktum seemed to have a great weekend, even if he won on a technicality
Bizarre definition of someone who needlessly chucked their car in the barrier in the big points race when in a safe podium position.

Hardly a way to challenge for a championship title. Any watching F1 bods would have thought they were right all along.
Old 23 May 2021, 21:28 (Ref:4052989)   #10
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Very sad to see the social media mob out to try and get Ticktum sacked again. He posted a video of himself driving from the support paddock to the pit lane in Monaco that he filmed himself from inside the car.
Old 24 May 2021, 08:05 (Ref:4053053)   #11
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Is this the second race weekend that Hitech have been caught out by illegality?
I still don't know what it was for? Commentary was a bit vague....
Old 24 May 2021, 09:06 (Ref:4053064)   #12
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Very sad to see the social media mob out to try and get Ticktum sacked again. He posted a video of himself driving from the support paddock to the pit lane in Monaco that he filmed himself from inside the car.
People have been very quick to jump down Ticktum's throat when he gets angry on the radio. Yet when Tsunoda does it, people seem to love him for his passion
Old 24 May 2021, 09:27 (Ref:4053073)   #13
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I still don't know what it was for? Commentary was a bit vague....
Illegal throttle map. Basic rules stuff.
Old 24 May 2021, 09:28 (Ref:4053074)   #14
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Isn’t that pretty much what Ferrucci got banned for?
Old 24 May 2021, 21:23 (Ref:4053237)   #15
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Illegal throttle map. Basic rules stuff.
Thanks...
Hope this isn't giving a false reading of Lawson's efforts?

He was mega on Friday and pretty decent on Saturday too.
Old 25 May 2021, 00:21 (Ref:4053250)   #16
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Isn’t that pretty much what Ferrucci got banned for?
Yeah but Ferrucci was driving between the old pitlane and the F1 pitlane on track. Ticktums driving between some car park or something through city streets into the circuit. Other drivers also filmed themselves at the weekend. I only brought it up because like the Deledda 107% issue social media jumped all over it without any care for the facts.
Old 25 May 2021, 08:26 (Ref:4053281)   #17
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah but Ferrucci was driving between the old pitlane and the F1 pitlane on track. Ticktums driving between some car park or something through city streets into the circuit. Other drivers also filmed themselves at the weekend. I only brought it up because like the Deledda 107% issue social media jumped all over it without any care for the facts.
Wasn’t Ferrucci driving from the old paddock to the new pitlane on the inner service roads?
Old 29 May 2021, 10:35 (Ref:4053733)   #18
Rusty Nail
Racer

New Zealand
NZ
Rusty Nail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Thanks...
Hope this isn't giving a false reading of Lawson's efforts?

He was mega on Friday and pretty decent on Saturday too.
I think Monaco was a true indication of his talent.

Apparently there is a rotary knob on the steering wheel that is required to be set to position 1 for standing starts. This was not done and that hindered him and was the reason for his slow start. But rules are rules hence DQ. I bet that won't happen again!

He'll be wanting to maximise his points over the rest of the season, could be some entertaining racing from him over the next few rounds. Roll on Baku.