Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 21 Jun 2021, 17:45 (Ref:4057660)   #46
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Personally, not a fan of rovals. The infield turns tend to be quite flat and featureless. I found Charlotte last year to be rather dull, in spite of the downpour.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing IMSA on a super high banked roval with very minimal infield section. Maybe some version of Talladega?
There's just something special in seeing the roof of the car you're following.
So Daytona?? Banking at Daytona 31 in the turns, 18 on the trioval, Talladega is 33 and 16.5 on the trioval.

We already have Daytona, Talladega is just copy and paste but without any history.
Old 21 Jun 2021, 18:59 (Ref:4057670)   #47
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Pandamasque should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPandamasque should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPandamasque should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's why I wouldn't mess with Daytona. Someone suggested an oval with just a few chicanes. So that gave me an idea of having a minimal unfiled section and a lot more banking. Daytona isn't that. And although Daytona is just as highly banked, it doesn't quite have the same "wall of death" effect that smaller ovals have. So I thought of Talladega. A simracing friend of mine used to call them "cement mixers"

This layout would do. Just thinking out loud. It'll not like this would ever happen.

I don't know if this is a real layout used for racing, just a pic I googled.