Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Jul 2009, 18:17 (Ref:2511852)   #1
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Races 16, 17 & 18 - Snetterton, Norfolk - 2nd August 2009

Finally after what seems like an eternity off, the BTCC is back racing this weekend.

Entry List (Unofficial) for Snetterton

#DriverTeamCarGraphic
1Fabrizio GiovanardiVX RacingVauxhall Vectra
2Mat JacksonRacing SilverlineChevrolet Lacetti
3Jason PlatoRacing SilverlineChevrolet Lacetti
4Colin TurkingtonTeam RACBMW 320i
5Matt NealVX RacingVauxhall Vectra
9Adam JonesCartridge World Carbon ZeroSEAT Leon
10Tom ChiltonTeam AonFord Focus
11Rob CollardAirwaves BMWBMW 320i
12Jonathan AdamAirwaves BMWBMW 320i
17Harry VaulkhardBamboo EngineeringChevrolet Lacetti
23James NashRMLChevrolet Lacetti
29Paul O'NeillSunshine.co.uk/TechspeedHonda Integra
35James ThompsonTeam DynamicsHonda Civic
44Stephen JelleyTeam RACBMW 320i
50John GeorgeTH Motorsport with JAGHonda Integra
52Gordon SheddenCartridge World Carbon ZeroSEAT Leon
55Dave PinkneyTeam DynamicsHonda Civic
63Martin JohnsonBoulevard Team RacingVauxhall Astra
77Andrew JordanVX RacingVauxhall Vectra

No Shows - As far as I know
#DriverTeamCarGraphic
15Martyn BellSunshine.co.uk/TechspeedHonda Integra
27Liam McMillanMaxtremeSEAT Toledo
20Alan MorrisonTeam AonFord Focus

Car graphics courtesy of AndyBlackmoreDesign | SpotterGuides.com

BTCC Timetable:
TimeSessionDay
09.55 - 10.35Free PracticeSat
12.20 - 13.00Free PracticeSat
15.55 - 16.25QualifyingSat
11.10Round 16Sun
14.25Round 17Sun
17.05Round 18Sun

Predictions Competition: Enter Here

# - Gordon Shedden replaces Dan Eaves for the rest of the season from this weekend onwards.
# - Martyn Bell won't be racing this weekend due to a knee injury he has picked up whilst on holiday.
# - Team AON are running only one Ford Focus ST, for Tom Chilton this weekend

Last edited by Hazard; 1 Aug 2009 at 13:25.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 19:14 (Ref:2511891)   #2
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
McMillan has reported that he won't be at Snett (according to facebook status) and will probably miss remainder of season. Shame if it's true.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 20:51 (Ref:2511942)   #3
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liam won't be at Snetterton. And they were not expecting to go to Knockhill anyway. Hopefully they will be back after that.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 21:36 (Ref:2511963)   #4
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for the info guys, wasn't sure on McMillan so stuck him on the list but have edited it now.
Old 31 Jul 2009, 07:01 (Ref:2512179)   #5
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If McMillan can't make his home race the team must be in real trouble and doubtful for the rest of the year, one car for sale and the issue of the engines may have been the calm before the storm. Great shame as the car looked good.

Bell is a no show, I do wonder about these storys of injurys and "Personal commitments" that there is more to it as it seems too common place in the BTCC.
Old 31 Jul 2009, 13:39 (Ref:2512445)   #6
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
BTCC spotter guide updated for this weekend..... http://www.spotterguides.com/content/view/22/45/
Old 31 Jul 2009, 17:56 (Ref:2512632)   #7
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
Good to see the updated liveries for the Silverline cars.

Unfortunately the Bamboo graphic doesn't do it justice. I had a sneak peak at the car.. it looks stunning!
Old 31 Jul 2009, 19:01 (Ref:2512680)   #8
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
I'm not allowed to show the Bamboo car yet Peter. Need to wait until the official launch on Sat
Old 31 Jul 2009, 19:53 (Ref:2512700)   #9
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
Didn't realise you knew about it Andy.. I should have known better.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 10:55 (Ref:2513069)   #10
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw a picture at Touringcartimes, and it definitely looks good!
Old 1 Aug 2009, 11:26 (Ref:2513100)   #11
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Plato fastest in practice from Thommo - looks like quite a few cars didn't run though?
Old 1 Aug 2009, 11:51 (Ref:2513129)   #12
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Quote:
Originally Posted by btcc.net
Nineteen runners are contesting this weekend’s action – ‘regulars’ missing are O’Neill’s team-mate Martyn Bell, Liam McMillan and team Aon’s second Ford Focus ST, the team being represented solely by Tom Chilton here.

So Alan Morrison is missing again. Would it be any surprise his 'sudden' dissapearance at Croft wasn't sudden at all.

I agree with Icebaby, I fear a lot of these injuries are just made up as convenient way of getting around the truth.

If any of them are true then I apologise to those concerned!
Old 1 Aug 2009, 11:53 (Ref:2513133)   #13
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Vaulkhard's Lacetti is really eye catching. Is this the first Chevy that isn't blue?
Old 1 Aug 2009, 12:19 (Ref:2513157)   #14
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDS View Post
Liam won't be at Snetterton. And they were not expecting to go to Knockhill anyway. Hopefully they will be back after that.
We couldn't possibly have Knockhill without the usual pull-outs because it's too far away could we?
Old 1 Aug 2009, 13:34 (Ref:2513191)   #15
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting times in first two practice sessions.
GM engines appear quick - as expected, along with the BMW 3-box shape proving aerodynamic efficiency.
My intrigue lies with Thompson. He's putting the car well up on the timing sheets, but the speed traps are down on others. Hopefully he can do enough in corners tomorrow to not have it all undone on the straights.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 16:00 (Ref:2513248)   #16
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Grid For Race 1

1 - Jason Plato - Chevrolet Lacetti - 1:12.247

2 - Colin Turkington - BMW 320si - 1:12.348

3 - James Thompson - Honda Civic Type-S - 1:12.399

4 - Andrew Jordan - Vauxhall Vectra - 1:12.466

5 - Fabrizio Giovanardi - Vauxhall Vectra - 1:12.468

6 - Jonathan Adam - BMW 320si - 1:12.618

7 - Mat Jackson - Chevrolet Lacetti - 1:12.672

8 - Paul O'Neill - Honda Integra Type-R (BTCC) - 1:12.695

9 - Matt Neal - Vauxhall Vectra - 1:12.743 (was 1:12.399 but that time was deleted)

10 - Stephen Jelley - BMW 320si - 1:12.787

11 - Harry Vaulkhard - Chevrolet Lacetti - 1:12.830

12 - Adam Jones - SEAT Leon - 1:13.059

13 - Gordon Shedden - SEAT Leon - 1:13.149

14 - Rob Collard - BMW 320si - 1:13.250

15 - Dave Pinkney - Honda Civic Type-S - 1:13.319

16 - Tom Chilton - Ford Focus ST - 1:13.390

17 - John George - Honda Integra Type-R (BTCC) - 1:15.106

18 - Martin Johnson - Vauxhall Astra Coupe (BTCC) - 1:16.946

Car Graphics Courtesy of Andy Blackmore Design | Spotter Guides

Last edited by Hazard; 1 Aug 2009 at 22:10. Reason: Change in results
Old 1 Aug 2009, 17:38 (Ref:2513307)   #17
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
The grid is thinning a bit.

Impressive pace from Thompson.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 18:21 (Ref:2513322)   #18
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bit of a shocker for Collard. I expected more from him. Really good work from Thommo, that car won't be setting speed records down the straights, but he's managed to drag a good time from it. As I thought, the Leons are feeling the aerodynamic struggle with the two long straights.

I expect Turkington to lead into the first corner, but then the cynical side of me sees Plato doing something dodgy to get back past within that first lap where the Beemer's front tyres aren't quite up to temp.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 18:31 (Ref:2513344)   #19
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
That's been a good effort from Shedden considering it's his first time in the Leon.

The modified kerbs at Snetterton look like they could cause a bit of hassle for a few drivers tomorrow! Appear to be like the ones on the final chicane at Rockingham, quite high!
Old 1 Aug 2009, 18:58 (Ref:2513369)   #20
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
That'll even things up for the BMWs a bit then, as they can't attack the kerbs with as much vigour as the other cars.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 19:47 (Ref:2513405)   #21
Thorney
Racer

Thorney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
So Alan Morrison is missing again. Would it be any surprise his 'sudden' dissapearance at Croft wasn't sudden at all.

I agree with Icebaby, I fear a lot of these injuries are just made up as convenient way of getting around the truth.

If any of them are true then I apologise to those concerned!
Its a tough year for motorsport, its expensive and drivers budgets are either curtailed due to their own personal postion or that their own sponsors are finding it difficult to justify either to themselves or others. Depending on car its around £15,000-30,000 per weekend to run in BTCC so if you have a sponsor who cant commit to a full season or you're own personal money is limited drivers will cherry pick the rounds rounds they either want to dor suit their sponsor. Its tough out there.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 22:09 (Ref:2513509)   #22
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Matt Neal's 4th place setting time (or joint third if you look at it that way) - has been deleted as he was deemed to have cut the esses. He's now starting 9th between O'Neill & Jelley. Updated in the grid above.
Old 2 Aug 2009, 10:30 (Ref:2513813)   #23
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Was that a "TV safety car"?
Old 2 Aug 2009, 10:44 (Ref:2513817)   #24
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Was that a "TV safety car"?
I assume Thompson had come to a standstill at the Esses. Safety car would have been scrambled to allow the marshals to move the car, but by the time it left the pits Thommo had found a gear and moved off.
Old 2 Aug 2009, 10:50 (Ref:2513822)   #25
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
How funny was it that Plato got punted so soon after taking Turkington out That's swift justice. Great to see O'Neill getting a podium too