Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 21 Apr 2021, 15:09 (Ref:4047113)   #26
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
What series could be happening towards the end of the year?
Guest TBL in BTCC?
Old 21 Apr 2021, 16:45 (Ref:4047126)   #27
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Guest TBL in BTCC?
Makes the most sense.
Old 22 Apr 2021, 20:15 (Ref:4047391)   #28
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2021...ng-car-trophy/

Not understand his moves. If he wants to join BTCC in the future doesn't he have to make miles?
He should have already done enough to get an International C license which is all you need for BTCC.
Old 23 Apr 2021, 07:19 (Ref:4047442)   #29
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Guest TBL in BTCC?
Just can't see that being a thing.

Maybe part season running in a GT car somewhere? Or how about the other side of the world where the sun shineth... what's that you say Skippy? Some Pom in a Holden?
Old 23 Apr 2021, 08:41 (Ref:4047449)   #30
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if its a new series - Matt did test a eRX car the other week, maybe a father&son team?
Old 23 Apr 2021, 14:49 (Ref:4047541)   #31
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Firstly I was thinking something like a JAS junior driver role with some outings in a Honda Civic TCR but with the ending of the Honda involvement at Dynamic that sounds unlogic.
Old 25 Apr 2021, 20:00 (Ref:4047832)   #32
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some actual good racing today, it looked like the Hyundais are the class of the field. The Astra still is a problem child though.

TCR cars are really not suited to the Silverstone international layout thought, 3 long straights with a few wiggly bits.
Old 26 Apr 2021, 07:39 (Ref:4047856)   #33
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some good battles throughout the field - hopefully it will give the series a bit of momentum and attract some more entries. The Cupra guys need to get some more miles under their belts and take the fight to Hart and the Kents now.
Old 27 Apr 2021, 21:03 (Ref:4048167)   #34
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Why is tcr UK not as popular as other tcr series? I know BTCC is the main touring car attraction for the UK but the budget to run in tcr UK must be a fraction of that in btcc
Old 28 Apr 2021, 06:55 (Ref:4048197)   #35
antnee
Veteran

Budgets are a lot less - teams quoting around 70k a season vs a min of 250k (more like 350k for a good one) for a BTCC seat.

I don't understand why there hasn't been a better uptake - there are plenty of TCR cars in the UK and plenty of people wanting to race a touring car. Yet we aren't seeing people who missed out on a BTCC seat drop into TCR. You would think the likes of Bobby T, Paul Rivett, Senna Proctor, etc would give it a go - surely better than sitting a season out completely?
Old 28 Apr 2021, 07:17 (Ref:4048199)   #36
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
The trouble I think is that TCR UK gets nothing like the promotion that The BTCC does. I suppose it's a bit of a chicken/egg situation that without the drivers (quality & number) the series won't be so well recognised/supported, but without the relevant recognition/support it won't attract the drivers...
Old 28 Apr 2021, 08:20 (Ref:4048204)   #37
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
The trouble I think is that TCR UK gets nothing like the promotion that The BTCC does. I suppose it's a bit of a chicken/egg situation that without the drivers (quality & number) the series won't be so well recognised/supported, but without the relevant recognition/support it won't attract the drivers...
It's cheaper than BTCC but seems quite expensive for the exposure you get in return. I don't know how much a season in MINIs or Ginettas is? With those you still get the BTCC TV coverage and the bigger trackside crowds (Covid not withstanding). I can't see any benefit of doing TCR over those or something like GT Cup or Britcar.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 17:33 (Ref:4048328)   #38
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I was a bit shocked by the poor Volkswagen Cup grid. IIRC few years back it had a grid in double numbers, or at least close to it.
Old 29 Apr 2021, 06:24 (Ref:4048387)   #39
antnee
Veteran

Quote:
I was a bit shocked by the poor Volkswagen Cup grid. IIRC few years back it had a grid in double numbers, or at least close to it.
Yes - been just below 20 cars for a number of years.
Old 29 Apr 2021, 09:43 (Ref:4048408)   #40
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maximum Group had acquired another Golf TCR. Nnot sure why. They must have about 15 cars alone by now?
Old 29 Apr 2021, 10:00 (Ref:4048410)   #41
antnee
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Maximum Group had acquired another Golf TCR. Nnot sure why. They must have about 15 cars alone by now?
Area Motorsport have picked up a Golf. Not sure on who owns what now, but I think Stewart has shifted some of the Cupra's on and the Civics
Old 29 Apr 2021, 10:20 (Ref:4048414)   #42
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The VW grid has been in decline for a couple of years now - in 2019 grids were typically in the mid-teens, last year they were an average on high single figures and, seemingly, a further fall this year.
Old 29 Apr 2021, 12:36 (Ref:4048448)   #43
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Sounds like the Australian series where GRM run multiple entries and makes of car.
Old 29 Apr 2021, 14:27 (Ref:4048476)   #44
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Yes - been just below 20 cars for a number of years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
The VW grid has been in decline for a couple of years now - in 2019 grids were typically in the mid-teens, last year they were an average on high single figures and, seemingly, a further fall this year.
Really ashame, was a fun series to watch.
Old 29 Apr 2021, 16:08 (Ref:4048501)   #45
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe that a certain Mr Gow "encouraged" BTCC teams not to enter TCR UK. At the very least they blocked any of the latest NGTC cars being used for the first season of TCT.

As for VW Cup. I remember they had so many cars that one of them was a Seat.
Old 29 Apr 2021, 16:59 (Ref:4048512)   #46
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
I seem to remember there were Audi TTs in it too, and of course the Caddy vans.
Old 29 Apr 2021, 17:06 (Ref:4048516)   #47
antnee
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
I believe that a certain Mr Gow "encouraged" BTCC teams not to enter TCR UK. At the very least they blocked any of the latest NGTC cars being used for the first season of TCT.

There is a rule in place for BTCC around testing during the season, which also includes the same chassis type. So HARD could run the CC's now, but if they built a 5th Cupra that could not run in TCT

The SEAT in VW Cup was driven by the SEAT UK MD. Since then, there is a rule that up to 3 non-VWs can be run at the organizers discretion
Old 30 Apr 2021, 16:12 (Ref:4048720)   #48
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
I seem to remember there were Audi TTs in it too, and of course the Caddy vans.
All brands from VAG were or are allowed.
Makes sense because built on the same platform.
Old 30 Apr 2021, 23:17 (Ref:4048830)   #49
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
All brands from VAG were or are allowed.
Makes sense because built on the same platform.
Do you think they would let me run a Bugatti then?
Old 1 May 2021, 11:41 (Ref:4048932)   #50
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petoli View Post
Do you think they would let me run a Bugatti then?
Do they have a FWD touring car?