Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Jan 2021, 04:45 (Ref:4031053)   #26
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
Speaking of Juarez and his knowledge of marketing. I'm sure he'd agree with me when watching the cross promotion in the cricket that a weakness of the promotion is that it's being referred to as "TCR Australia"?'

The name means nothing for most people at first glance. You have to push the "brand" then you have to push what it is. Most people couldn't care less about the acronym.

Whereas if it was called "2 litre touring car series" or "2 litre Car racing series", people instantly get what it is.

The 5 hour broadcast for tomorrow is another idea I'm not sure about? There'll be a lot of deadtime, and if the spectacle on track isn't what is hoped to be, it'll probably put people off.
Agree about the name

I think “Supercheap Auto Touring Car Series” is something that would resonate especially as it would work well on cross promotion
Old 25 Jan 2021, 06:38 (Ref:4031056)   #27
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fun little TCR race there, but as with everything TCR related, it's now time to insert politics.

Alfa 1-2-3 (on track), meanwhile Hondas fill the last four spots.

Sure, the track suits those who are allowed to run more power, but I still think the fundamental BoP process of this formula is broken.

Not much ARG can do about that, although worth keeping an eye on STCC this season as it's trying something different.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Old 25 Jan 2021, 07:48 (Ref:4031059)   #28
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Despite what the forum bully thinks, I quite enjoy TCR and have attended many Super Touring events , V8 Supercars, Indy 500s, 6 Gold Coast Indys, Daytona 500s, Sebring 12 hours, Bathurst 6, 24 & 12 hours since 1991, Group C at Oran & Amaroo from 1980 -1984 and was a regular at Liverpool when the Grand Nationals raced there. I have attended more short tracks in the States than even I can remember. Used to drive to the Thunderdome on Saturdays and drive home to Sydney Sunday night. So I am a died in the wool racing fan.
I enjoy TCR and wish it well. I enjoy attending Shannons events with smaller crowds and less expense than Supercars shows as I hate traffic jams in my senior years. I love the new 5000's and love my historics.
The TCR category is fun to watch and I agree that the Hondas and Hyundais to a degree seem to have acquired anchors since I last saw them in 2019.
However at this stage just let TCR exist on their own terms without comparison. This constant argument that they are superior to Supercars and should be given the mantle as Australias premier category is just bullshit and achieves nothing. Procar went through all this 20 years ago and it didnt end well. Just enjoy it for what it is and let commercial realities take care of the rest.
Old 25 Jan 2021, 07:50 (Ref:4031060)   #29
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And no I didnt see the cross promotion during the cricket as I dont watch it.
Old 25 Jan 2021, 10:05 (Ref:4031072)   #30
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched it today, not to bad, commentary team, ummm , 7 gob , berreta , same as, Abbey , may read well of auto que, but out of depth here, Jess Dane , not really, .

Molly Taylor, yes she has an understanding of cars, and Greg and Mark did well.
Old 25 Jan 2021, 10:30 (Ref:4031080)   #31
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The coverage now is light years ahead of 2019, but they still went to a break on a safety car lap and missed the bloody restart (in TCM) - come on guys!
Old 25 Jan 2021, 13:47 (Ref:4031114)   #32
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
Despite what the forum bully thinks, I quite enjoy TCR and have attended many Super Touring events , V8 Supercars, Indy 500s, 6 Gold Coast Indys, Daytona 500s, Sebring 12 hours, Bathurst 6, 24 & 12 hours since 1991, Group C at Oran & Amaroo from 1980 -1984 and was a regular at Liverpool when the Grand Nationals raced there. I have attended more short tracks in the States than even I can remember. Used to drive to the Thunderdome on Saturdays and drive home to Sydney Sunday night. So I am a died in the wool racing fan.
I enjoy TCR and wish it well. I enjoy attending Shannons events with smaller crowds and less expense than Supercars shows as I hate traffic jams in my senior years. I love the new 5000's and love my historics.
The TCR category is fun to watch and I agree that the Hondas and Hyundais to a degree seem to have acquired anchors since I last saw them in 2019.
However at this stage just let TCR exist on their own terms without comparison. This constant argument that they are superior to Supercars and should be given the mantle as Australias premier category is just bullshit and achieves nothing. Procar went through all this 20 years ago and it didn't end well. Just enjoy it for what it is and let commercial realities take care of the rest.
Wot he said. Taking potshots at another category and belittling the same category goes both ways and when it starts then the result is inevitable. More than one forum has fallen because of this style of behaviour, certainly this one is not the place it once was because of it.
Old 25 Jan 2021, 16:56 (Ref:4031146)   #33
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where was the stream? Anyone have a link please? All I can find is a sub 3 min highlights on TCR Australia YouTube.

Last edited by justracing; 25 Jan 2021 at 17:02.
Old 25 Jan 2021, 21:35 (Ref:4031175)   #34
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Where was the stream? Anyone have a link please? All I can find is a sub 3 min highlights on TCR Australia YouTube.
I watched on 7plus. The production is better than 2019 but the presenters are not the best.

Yesterday's race was watchable but the Alfas look untouchable, and when 2 guys in their first hit out in front drivers run easily up the front, it doesn't say much for the talent pool. Especially when somebody's messiah John Martin was just about last.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 25 Jan 2021, 21:47 (Ref:4031177)   #35
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Fun little TCR race there, but as with everything TCR related, it's now time to insert politics.

Alfa 1-2-3 (on track), meanwhile Hondas fill the last four spots.

Sure, the track suits those who are allowed to run more power, but I still think the fundamental BoP process of this formula is broken.

Not much ARG can do about that
There are local series BOP adjustments that ARG can do though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
I think “Supercheap Auto Touring Car Series” is something that would resonate especially as it would work well on cross promotion
I presume there is a contractual reason with TCR international why it has to be called "TCR Series".

I don't understand why there is no reverse grid in the second race, when all the other categories on the ARG calendar like S5000 and TCM seem to have second race reverse grids? Reverse grids really work a treat in the BTCC, and what the Australian TCR series is lacking is that action-packed nature of the BTCC.
Old 25 Jan 2021, 23:27 (Ref:4031188)   #36
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Possibly, but WTCR is known as the World Touring Car Cup..... They should be flexible to local markets, TCR as an acronym means nothing to the great unwashed, if they want to get word out, keep it simple and keep it to what people know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
It was streamed on motorsport.tv
Old 25 Jan 2021, 23:43 (Ref:4031189)   #37
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Don't worry Juarez. You don't have to justify your fandom. If it makes you feel any better, guys like Mark Webber and Mick Doohan are not really into it as well. They just happened to be good at it and could trade off it.
Old 25 Jan 2021, 23:49 (Ref:4031190)   #38
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Imagine having the time to quote a post, and dissect it almost down to single words. Some people need a life.
Pot calling Kettle! Hello! you there Kettle?
Old 26 Jan 2021, 00:05 (Ref:4031196)   #39
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Wot he said. Taking potshots at another category and belittling the same category goes both ways and when it starts then the result is inevitable. More than one forum has fallen because of this style of behaviour, certainly this one is not the place it once was because of it.
Not that Casper is going to respond to this post. Supercars can be shot down by people like me.

Supercars act elitist when touring car racing is egalitarian. This attitude is reflected by a number of posters itt.

Touring cars are supposed to be a modern class (always keeping up with movement in the motoring industry). Supercars is an anachronism.

Touring car racing is supposed to be a reflection of the local racing scene. Supercars disassociates from the rest of Australian racing when it suits. (But that itself is a reflection of the lame car racing culture here in Australia).

The only reason why anyone can rip into tcr or 2 litre cars generally is superficial. (Also a reflection of the lame car racing culture in Australia).
Old 26 Jan 2021, 01:26 (Ref:4031200)   #40
leothedrummer
Racer

leothedrummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What on earth have they done to the coverage today?

Yesterday was fine, no ads. Today they went to ads in the middle of the Trans Am race for 6 of the 18 laps, came back with 4 laps to go, missed the pass for the lead, didn't show a replay, instead cut to interviewing unrelated drivers in the pits, showed random back markers before finally going back to the leader with 2 corners left on the last lap. And then the highlights after the race still didn't show the battle and pass for the win.

That might be the worst race coverage I can ever recall seeing.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 01:41 (Ref:4031201)   #41
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leothedrummer View Post
That might be the worst race coverage I can ever recall seeing.
They did the same to a lesser extent yesterday with the TCM race.

Welcome to FTA broadcasting. Got time for the celebrity bullshit and cross promos but not 1/3 of the race.

Also, the 7plus app is ****, so you get 3 ads, an error message, then restart and try to watch.... Another 3 ads
Old 26 Jan 2021, 02:39 (Ref:4031204)   #42
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What's with the ultra low definition broadcast this afternoon, picture quality is shocking.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 02:48 (Ref:4031206)   #43
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The only thing that didn't lag or buffer was the ads.

Production quality is certainly better. 2019's crew was good, besides Noonan's repetitive misinformation. At a loss as to what 3 Ch7 puppets have to offer this year's coverage.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 02:48 (Ref:4031207)   #44
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
Pot calling Kettle! Hello! you there Kettle?
And then you continued on with it.

Hello?

Bonehead.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 03:01 (Ref:4031209)   #45
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
The only thing that didn't lag or buffer was the ads.
Yeah.

Quote:
Production quality is certainly better. 2019's crew was good, besides Noonan's repetitive misinformation. At a loss as to what 3 Ch7 puppets have to offer this year's coverage.
I miss Jack Perkins.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 03:29 (Ref:4031213)   #46
one five five
Veteran

6 hours of non-Supercars related racing on FTA on a Tuesday...let’s bag the hell out of it though....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Yeah.

I miss Jack Perkins.
He’ll be part of the coverage later on this season in the rolling cast
Old 26 Jan 2021, 03:37 (Ref:4031216)   #47
Mixer
Veteran

Rolling cast is dumb. Jack is a great broadcaster and knows the game. Network people are fine if they are backed up by a racer. Molly needs to be told to sit still, she looked like she has ants in her pants. That and she should bloody well be in someone's car instead

Old 26 Jan 2021, 03:40 (Ref:4031217)   #48
Mixer
Veteran

Also it's not 6 hours. It's about 4 plus 2 hours of ads. Or 4 hours if they glitch and you have to watch them over

Old 26 Jan 2021, 03:44 (Ref:4031219)   #49
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Rolling cast is dumb. Jack is a great broadcaster and knows the game. Network people are fine if they are backed up by a racer. Molly needs to be told to sit still, she looked like she has ants in her pants. That and she should bloody well be in someone's car instead

The money they wasted hiring the other 3 wafflers could've put her in a car this weekend. Not like there's a shortage of them.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 03:59 (Ref:4031220)   #50
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
What's with the ultra low definition broadcast this afternoon, picture quality is shocking.
Glad it isnt just me that saw that... I thought it might have been a settings issue for me alone, but seems not just me.

Better than a poke in the eye though.