Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

View Poll Results: QF - Ferrari F2004 vs Williams FW14
Ferrari F2004 1 12.50%
Williams FW14 7 87.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 May 2021, 12:56 (Ref:4053747)   #1
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The COAT - QF - Ferrari F2004 vs Williams FW14

The second match in the quarter-finals sees the Ferrari F2004 take on the Williams FW14.

The Ferrari took a tie-break win over the F2002 in the third round, whilst the Williams took a 3-2 win over the Lotus 49.

Ferrari F2004 (drivetribe.com):
How do you follow up a car as successful as the F2002? Pretty simple really, the F2004. Excluding a retirement at Monaco, Schumacher was able to win 12 of the first 13 races of the season. Barrichello supported him in the best way possible, he only achieved 2 wins in the year, but got 14 podiums.

The F2004's legacy in the sport continues to live on as it still [as of 2018] holds numerous records at current circuits. Albert Park, Hungaroring and Monza are just a few of the circuits where the car still holds the fastest lap.

Williams FW14(B) (goodwood.com):
When the Williams FW14 arrived on the scene it was a technological marvel, so far advanced of most of its competition it was hardly funny. Teething issues meant that it was never really in with a chance of winning the title that year, but Adrian Newey’s first iconic F1 design would still win seven races that season on its way to second in the championship. In fact, people forget that in that first season Nigel Mansell won only two races fewer than eventual champion Ayrton Senna, and his lack of real title contention was mostly down to the early season struggles that saw the FW14 retire six times in four races.

For 1992 work was done to the troublesome semi-automatic gearbox (which had been new to Williams for the first season of the FW14). New traction control systems and tweaked active suspension made this ‘B’ spec car an even more monstrous machine. To the naked eye the only real difference is a couple of protrusions by the front suspension pushrods, which contain some of the active suspension components.

Furnished with this new FW14B there was no stopping Mansell, who had been waiting for another opportunity to fight for the championship for so long that he’d already retired from F1 once. Mansell won the first five races in a row, a feat still to be beaten, and went on to win a record (at the time) nine races in the season. It also qualified on pole for all but one race in 1992 and added another 11 fastest laps.

Old 29 May 2021, 14:13 (Ref:4053757)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Both were dominant, but the FW14B will always be the ultimate, most technologically advanced of all time
Old 30 May 2021, 13:36 (Ref:4053832)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Of all time or of it's time?

No doubt the FW14 was ahead of its time with many innovations now banned but how does an innovation like traction control measure against the material sciences of today that allow surfaces to flex under motion only to become rigid while standing still or the thermal efficiency of the current engines?

Looks like i am on a bit of an anti reverence for history kick today but imo old notions have to be challanged right?

Anyways i voted for the F2002 by a small margin so will keep to the F2004 here.
Old 30 May 2021, 13:52 (Ref:4053834)   #4
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yeah, but Mansell was no Schumacher, yet he cruised to the title in the FW14B. That says it all for me
Old 30 May 2021, 13:53 (Ref:4053835)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yeah, but Mansell was no Schumacher, yet he cruised to the title in the FW14B. That says it all for me
Lol touché!