Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jun 2021, 15:04 (Ref:4057394)   #101
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I enjoyed that. The last 10 laps were especially good, in a "will they won't they?" way.
Old 20 Jun 2021, 15:40 (Ref:4057403)   #102
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The race in front was so exciting you almost forget how bad Ferrari did
Old 20 Jun 2021, 15:43 (Ref:4057404)   #103
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
and tough luck to anyone who didnt watch it coz "Paul ricard is boring".
What’d I miss? Snooze fest eh? Well that’s F1 for you.
Old 20 Jun 2021, 19:28 (Ref:4057476)   #104
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Well, that warmed up a bit.
Old 20 Jun 2021, 20:40 (Ref:4057501)   #105
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
a surprisingly good race but i do hate the circuit why good they have not found something better to do with all that paint.
Old 20 Jun 2021, 21:17 (Ref:4057507)   #106
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
a surprisingly good race but i do hate the circuit why good they have not found something better to do with all that paint.
Yes agreed and yes apart from being a waste of paint it hurts the eyes.
Old 20 Jun 2021, 22:11 (Ref:4057514)   #107
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Mercedes looked really clueless today, leaving both drivers out while they had the option to counter Verstappens stop.

They didn't even stop Bottas for fresh tires after he was passed by Perez, even though he had a 40-50 second gap to Norris.
Old 20 Jun 2021, 22:35 (Ref:4057517)   #108
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Mercedes looked really clueless today, leaving both drivers out while they had the option to counter Verstappens stop.

They didn't even stop Bottas for fresh tires after he was passed by Perez, even though he had a 40-50 second gap to Norris.
Mentioned elsewhere. They hoped that Perez would get a penalty and be demoted behind Bottas.
Not that Bottas could keep within 5s!
Old 20 Jun 2021, 23:11 (Ref:4057518)   #109
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Well having two genuinely competitive teams at the front certainly makes a difference doesn't it?

Enjoyed that race (as no doubt did Jaap if he tuned in) - there was tension and intensity all the way through with fortune favouring the brave from a strategy perspective (just).

It is so very weird as a venue to watch with all the blue & red bands but it gave us a good race today - interesting that the DRS zones didn't provide the "gimme" passes to the same extent we've seen at times, maybe due to the wind direction but to me that added to the intensity and the tension so that was a good thing.

From a purely nationalistic perspective, it was good to see Danny Ric looking a lot more comfortable and at home in the car - he's not all the way "there" yet but that was encouraging - showed us that the expectations of he and Londo being a very effective team pairing were on the money.
Old 21 Jun 2021, 07:20 (Ref:4057541)   #110
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Well having two genuinely competitive teams at the front certainly makes a difference doesn't it?
It certainly does.

Quote:
Enjoyed that race (as no doubt did Jaap if he tuned in) - there was tension and intensity all the way through with fortune favouring the brave from a strategy perspective (just).

It is so very weird as a venue to watch with all the blue & red bands but it gave us a good race today - interesting that the DRS zones didn't provide the "gimme" passes to the same extent we've seen at times, maybe due to the wind direction but to me that added to the intensity and the tension so that was a good thing.
It was all about tyres and yes the venue is seriously tedious with all that coloured banding.

Quote:
From a purely nationalistic perspective, it was good to see Danny Ric looking a lot more comfortable and at home in the car - he's not all the way "there" yet but that was encouraging - showed us that the expectations of he and Lando being a very effective team pairing were on the money.
Agreed, good to see the Honey Badger coming back to form. Also Vettel is doing good things in the Aston. All of which makes the overall grid interesting.
Old 21 Jun 2021, 07:41 (Ref:4057543)   #111
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Third race on the bounce where somebody got into a qualifying session / position they shouldn't have been in by having an accident.
Old 21 Jun 2021, 08:31 (Ref:4057549)   #112
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post

Hardly clueless. The call got them within 2 laps of the win, and it looked like it could have gone with way. If Hamilton had pitted the same as Verstappen, then my guess is that he would also have finished second.
Old 21 Jun 2021, 10:10 (Ref:4057573)   #113
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the real difference is being felt between Lewis out there on his own, and the teams who have two drivers running at a similar level.
Old 21 Jun 2021, 16:02 (Ref:4057637)   #114
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerPixel View Post
I think the real difference is being felt between Lewis out there on his own, and the teams who have two drivers running at a similar level.
The three teams with drivers running at a similar level (in order of closeness)are (all less than 3 places difference on average):
Haas,
Williams,
Alfa Romeo.

After that, McLaren (just over 3).

Then the average delta between drivers jumps quite a bit, and runs:
Aston Martin (5.29)
Ferrari (5.43)
Red Bull (5.71)
Alpine (5.857)
Mercedes (6)
Alpha Tauri (6.86)

So while it might be true that there is a clear difference in results at Mercedes - I wouldn't say that the teams with drivers running at similar levels are notable comparisons.
Old 21 Jun 2021, 16:11 (Ref:4057640)   #115
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The three teams with drivers running at a similar level (in order of closeness)are (all less than 3 places difference on average):
Haas,
Williams,
Alfa Romeo.

After that, McLaren (just over 3).

Then the average delta between drivers jumps quite a bit, and runs:
Aston Martin (5.29)
Ferrari (5.43)
Red Bull (5.71)
Alpine (5.857)
Mercedes (6)
Alpha Tauri (6.86)

So while it might be true that there is a clear difference in results at Mercedes - I wouldn't say that the teams with drivers running at similar levels are notable comparisons.
That's quite a pat-on-the-back for the McLaren drivers. After all, the three teams ahead of them are all running near the back. You can't get much of a place difference between "last" and "nearly last".
Old 21 Jun 2021, 16:24 (Ref:4057645)   #116
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
That's quite a pat-on-the-back for the McLaren drivers. After all, the three teams ahead of them are all running near the back. You can't get much of a place difference between "last" and "nearly last".
There's also the factor of DNFs to consider.

Finishing 4th & DNF can skew the figures. On the whole, I think a marginal difference in performance at the front can seem bigger than at the back due to the stakes involved.

Bottas finishing 20s off the lead seems like a lot more than Latifi finishing a lap down on Russell.
Is Hamilton really out on his own though? Bottas has had two DNFs, and otherwise has always been within two places of Hamilton (except when he beat him by three places in Baku).
Old 22 Jun 2021, 10:51 (Ref:4057729)   #117
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

Bottas finishing 20s off the lead seems like a lot more than Latifi finishing a lap down on Russell.
Is Hamilton really out on his own though? Bottas has had two DNFs, and otherwise has always been within two places of Hamilton (except when he beat him by three places in Baku).
And not forgetting VB hammered him in Monaco until..