Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Sep 2017, 14:50 (Ref:3770301)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2017 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX

Who will crash first?

Over to you.
Old 28 Sep 2017, 17:58 (Ref:3770329)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We need a poll here Peter........
Old 28 Sep 2017, 19:26 (Ref:3770346)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not sure Kubica is racing here.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 01:43 (Ref:3770422)   #4
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Someone hasn't read their emails!

Yesterday....

And today...

Old 29 Sep 2017, 01:52 (Ref:3770426)   #5
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Ferrari upgrades for Malaysia...

New inlet...

New barge boards...

And most importantly, new wing mirrors...
Old 29 Sep 2017, 05:14 (Ref:3770451)   #6
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Who will crash first?

Over to you.

Max.

The real question is who will he run into next?
Old 29 Sep 2017, 08:21 (Ref:3770480)   #7
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
FP2 red flagged after a nasty incident for Grosjean, who hit a loose drain cover.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 08:26 (Ref:3770482)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Ouch, I hope he's ok.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 08:34 (Ref:3770486)   #9
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
The culprit...

The result...

A video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODcGKldL6tA

Yikes!
Old 29 Sep 2017, 09:54 (Ref:3770505)   #10
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Glad he's ok, still remember that famous incident in China that cost McLaren the constructors crown.

Mercedes drivers seem to be struggling with the car ATM
Old 29 Sep 2017, 10:12 (Ref:3770510)   #11
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will the circuit owners be liable to pay Haas compensation?
I vaguely remember a big sports car race on a street circuit in Canada, about 25 years ago. A drain cover came loose in the middle of the straight and destroyed a car. The team owners sued the track
Old 29 Sep 2017, 10:22 (Ref:3770511)   #12
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
I vaguely remember a big sports car race on a street circuit in Canada, about 25 years ago. A drain cover came loose in the middle of the straight and destroyed a car. The team owners sued the track
They presented the circuit for the race, who was responsible for the inspection?
He was paid to ensure that the circuit was up to standard.
We have had manhole covers come loose before, surely they should be checked?
Old 29 Sep 2017, 10:31 (Ref:3770515)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's a heck of a stupid place to have a manhole cover - right on a piece of kerb that will be constantly driven over......
Old 29 Sep 2017, 10:32 (Ref:3770516)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Looks to me like a drainage grating rather than a manhole cover.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 10:35 (Ref:3770518)   #15
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If only they stopped drivers going off track.........
Old 29 Sep 2017, 10:47 (Ref:3770520)   #16
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
It was the 1990 WSC Group C 480 km race at Montreal. Ground effect sucked up a manhole cover and destroyed several cars. Brun sued the track owners, who I guess was the city council.
http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/ar...e-wrong-reason

Check out the list of drivers, an amazing list of big names.
https://wikivisually.com/wiki/1990_480km_of_Montreal

Last edited by Number4; 29 Sep 2017 at 11:04.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 11:04 (Ref:3770525)   #17
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
The drain cover just before Grosjean ran over it at approximately 170-175MPH.

And seconds later, Massa inches away from running over same cover while Grosjean is still spinning out ahead.

Regarding the positioning of the drain cover, it's in a spot where the water pools. So it has to be there to drain the standing water. And in Malaysia, there's a lot of standing water when it rains.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 11:59 (Ref:3770540)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That maybe so, but you need to make a better fist of it than that......
Old 29 Sep 2017, 12:47 (Ref:3770554)   #19
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Yes, agreed.

Cover has now been welded shut. Again.
And some of the other covers have also had some extra welding.

Old 29 Sep 2017, 14:14 (Ref:3770570)   #20
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well we got out of that one. It's rare these things happen, but they need to make doubly sure they are welded shut in future
Old 29 Sep 2017, 16:03 (Ref:3770591)   #21
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pierre Gasly ahead of his teammate, Carlos Sainz, by smallest of margins...Interesting....
Old 29 Sep 2017, 18:39 (Ref:3770613)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
The video has been taken down. Typical F1. It's a joke. In this day and age. How do they expect to get people to become fans. I bet they eat children.

Here is the video. On their own website and annoyingly free.
https://www.formula1.com/en/video/20...tacularly.html
Old 29 Sep 2017, 19:15 (Ref:3770618)   #23
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Random pop up drain covers....a more exciting concept than DRS to liven things up.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 20:29 (Ref:3770625)   #24
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What next - flippers and fire pits a la Robot Wars?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 29 Sep 2017, 23:09 (Ref:3770646)   #25
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Haas F1 get's special compensation for Grosjean car.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...repair-959147/