Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Jul 2018, 05:09 (Ref:3833859)   #26
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
...what do you think of this track?
If you were to ask me which F1 track I would like to do a track day on, this would be #2 after Spa. It's a similar style to Road America and looks like a blast. I'm not sure if that translates to a good F1 race, but you could say the same about Spa.
Old 1 Jul 2018, 07:07 (Ref:3833867)   #27
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I don't think Vettel deserved a 3 place penalty. I know, shock horror, I'm actually sticking up for Vettel. Maybe the stewards wanted to make up for the pathetic penalty they handed him last week.

Ruin someone's entire race on lap one and get 5 seconds. Impede someone that made absolutely no difference to the final result anyway, and get 3 places.

And wile I'm at it, I'm sticking up for Verstappen too. DR was at fault and a little out of line on the slipstream issue. Austria being a very short lap time, they could have 3 runs for pole in Q3 as opposed to the normal 2 runs. DR felt (wrongfully) that he was entitled to one of those 3 runs as the following car. Sorry DR, that's bad luck.

Can't believe I'm actually sticking up for Vettel and Verstappen. I'm off to take my medication right now!

Old 1 Jul 2018, 07:58 (Ref:3833875)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The comments from some of the drivers about the kerbs beggars belief. Stay inside the kerbs and you go quicker. Stray outside and you damage the car and go slower.
Old 1 Jul 2018, 08:48 (Ref:3833881)   #29
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Haven't heard too many drivers complain about the outside kerbs this year, except for Perez, who seems to have taken over from Massa as the resident serial whinger.

Many of the drivers have defended the kerbs and have said they are a good thing.

Old 1 Jul 2018, 09:03 (Ref:3833884)   #30
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why are F2 doing rolling starts instead of grid starts?
Old 1 Jul 2018, 09:29 (Ref:3833886)   #31
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post
Why are F2 doing rolling starts instead of grid starts?
They are having problems with stalling on the grid so until the series can fix the problems they've moved to rolling starts. Personally why they need to do it single file rather than double file is beyond me.

Anyone else notice for the GP3 start there are beeps that are in sync with the starting lights at the start of the race? Proper Mario Kart.
Old 1 Jul 2018, 10:02 (Ref:3833893)   #32
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So well done Bottas on pole position. Seems to love this track. Vettel penalty may be seem harsh, but I can see why he got penalised, it could have caused an accident
Old 1 Jul 2018, 10:28 (Ref:3833901)   #33
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Hartley will start from the back of grid. New Honda engine fitted.

Alonso will start from pit lane. New (the updated) Renault MGU-K fitted.

Old 1 Jul 2018, 11:14 (Ref:3833910)   #34
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Hartley will start from the back of grid. New Honda engine fitted.

Alonso will start from pit lane. New (the updated) Renault MGU-K fitted.

so we have Vandoorne P15 and Alonso from the pits, last year with the Honda they started P12 and P13
Old 1 Jul 2018, 12:40 (Ref:3833927)   #35
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
so we have Vandoorne P15 and Alonso from the pits, last year with the Honda they started P12 and P13

They also can’t seem to make front wings. They have gone though 4 of them so far and Alonso is on the old spec wing as they can’t handle the kerbs like some the others can
Old 1 Jul 2018, 13:02 (Ref:3833930)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post
They also can’t seem to make front wings. They have gone though 4 of them so far and Alonso is on the old spec wing as they can’t handle the kerbs like some the others can
I was watching qualifying yesterday and the McLarens were running the front wing much closer to the ground than other teams, so if the car goes over those sausage kerbs, it's going to damage the front wing, which is what happened.
Old 1 Jul 2018, 13:03 (Ref:3833931)   #37
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can't work the clutch.
Old 1 Jul 2018, 13:14 (Ref:3833934)   #38
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was a clean start but Lewis got the jump on Bottas.
Old 1 Jul 2018, 13:27 (Ref:3833935)   #39
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Hulkenberg's engine blows up in spectacular fashion.
Old 1 Jul 2018, 13:30 (Ref:3833936)   #40
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Bottas retires bringing out the VSC. Seems to be a gearbox issue.
Old 1 Jul 2018, 14:20 (Ref:3833985)   #41
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Any odds on whether Hartley makes the trip to Silverstone next week? Not his fault but that's a lot of retirements in his season so far
Old 1 Jul 2018, 14:27 (Ref:3833990)   #42
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Lewis is out. I wonder if Ferrari will tell Kimi to give up second place to Vettel?
Old 1 Jul 2018, 14:39 (Ref:3833996)   #43
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who could have predicted Mercedes double DNF....well good to spice up this championship. Great race! A classic
Old 1 Jul 2018, 14:49 (Ref:3834001)   #44
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Max and RB, winning for the first time at the RB Ring. Great result for Haas, Grosjean and Magnussen 4th and 5th.
Old 1 Jul 2018, 15:20 (Ref:3834017)   #45
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Who could have predicted Mercedes double DNF....
Last time we had a Mercedes double mechanical DNF was Italy 1955!
Old 1 Jul 2018, 15:21 (Ref:3834018)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Any odds on whether Hartley makes the trip to Silverstone next week? Not his fault but that's a lot of retirements in his season so far
I can't see any reason to pitch him out. He was doing a decent job until he retired.
Old 1 Jul 2018, 16:36 (Ref:3834055)   #47
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What a race that was. Felt sorry for Bottas yet more bad luck, but must have felt a bit better knowing Hamilton also broke down. Merc once again goofed on strategy, but that didn’t seem to matter in the end

Great win for Max, on Red Bull’s home circuit, shame things didn’t work out for Danny. Ferrari seemed to look after tyres better, Kimi gave good chase at the end. Vettel, could he have won without that penalty? Who knows, certainly enlivened it, although having seen it properly now, it did seem harsh.

Well done to Grosjean, at last scoring this season, great result for Haas and nice to see Force India working as a team. Great recovery from the pitlane for Fred, still a great racer, and well done to both Saubers, both finishing close together in 9th and 10th

And nice to see drivers learned the lesson of the kerbs from practice, by staying off them
Old 1 Jul 2018, 17:07 (Ref:3834067)   #48
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was a good race, but I'm still finding myself irritated by the lap that everyone had to drive through a CGI Budweiser star. I know it was about 20 seconds of screen time, but I really hate that sort of thing, the camera lying about things on the track. And Budweiser's horrible.
Old 1 Jul 2018, 17:07 (Ref:3834068)   #49
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
And nice to see drivers learned the lesson of the kerbs from practice, by staying off them
That seems to be overstating it somewhat. They were all over the kerbs, as usual. They just seemed to have worked out which ones were damaging and which ones were meaningless.
Old 1 Jul 2018, 17:09 (Ref:3834069)   #50
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Katz View Post
That was a good race, but I'm still finding myself irritated by the lap that everyone had to drive through a CGI Budweiser star. I know it was about 20 seconds of screen time, but I really hate that sort of thing, the camera lying about things on the track. And Budweiser's horrible.
Obviously the marketing failed then - it was meant to be promoting Heineken!!