Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 6 Feb 2003, 15:50 (Ref:498578)   #1
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could Burti be headed to CART?

Just an idea, have no idea if it is plausible, but how many seats are open in CART right now? Luciano Burti asked Ferrari to let him out of his contract as a test driver this year so he could race in a 'competitive series'. I have no idea what he's hinting at, but with some of his old sparring partners headed to the US, maybe he could turn up in CART??:confused:
Old 6 Feb 2003, 15:56 (Ref:498586)   #2
*formula3*
Veteran

Germany
*formula3* should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i heared that he´s also looking at telefonica world series
Old 6 Feb 2003, 17:34 (Ref:498677)   #3
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by *formula3*
i heared that he´s also looking at telefonica world series
I think that would be more likely.
Old 6 Feb 2003, 17:46 (Ref:498687)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish he would race in CWS, he's a babe, I mean a Brazilian bombshell, I mean a very competitive driver ...

But I think Telefonica is a more likely deal for 2003.
Old 6 Feb 2003, 17:48 (Ref:498689)   #5
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He got sacked
Old 6 Feb 2003, 20:17 (Ref:498816)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree that the Telefonica World Series will be the most likely place Burti will end up, just depending on what seats are available there.

However, there is no reason why Burti won't be able to find a seat next year or sometimes near in the future anyway.
Old 6 Feb 2003, 20:49 (Ref:498836)   #7
CleanTone
Racer

Romania
Colentina
CleanTone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In open wheel series there are 3 options, but only 2 for Burti: TWS and CWS(Burti has already beein in F3000). However, money are also spent in DTM, ETCC, BTCC +endurance. However, given his latino background my dollar is on the World Series
Old 6 Feb 2003, 21:10 (Ref:498851)   #8
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Burti never did F3000, though it would be a step down
Old 7 Feb 2003, 13:33 (Ref:499461)   #9
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TWS seems most likely, but I'd like to see him in CART - although he wasn't brilliant in 2001, I don't think he's given enough credit for how well he did...he was certainly a hell of a lot better than that muppet Mazzacane.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 13:58 (Ref:499498)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had the same thought that maybe he was headed for CART. Surely testing for Ferrari is better than TWS or F3000, both of which are essnetially at a much lower level than F1.

Its possible that the truth is that he was axed in favour of Massa, but he persuaded them to publicise it in a different way so as to save face, otherwise I think the only championships he'd take a race drive in ahead of his previous role would be F1 (nope) and CART. Maybe he will be in the European team Pook speaks of? Or Emmo's?
Old 7 Feb 2003, 14:17 (Ref:499509)   #11
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many miles did he actually clock for Ferrari last year anyway?
Old 7 Feb 2003, 16:20 (Ref:499617)   #12
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
_Please_!!! No more F1 washouts!

_Maybe_ if they bring a sponsor, but enough is enough! What's the point of having your own driver development ladder if everyone you get is an F1 washout!
Old 8 Feb 2003, 00:38 (Ref:500165)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prost was sacked by Ferrari. Are you saying he was a "washout"?

And remember the greatest F1 washout of them all: Mikey Andretti.
Old 8 Feb 2003, 00:41 (Ref:500170)   #14
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
CART seems plausible for young Luciano. But seats are filling up fast. The Emmo linkup would be good - rather Burti than Tiago "Who?" Monteiro...
Old 8 Feb 2003, 02:21 (Ref:500241)   #15
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mikey was a CART Champion _before_ he went to F1, and Alain got sacked for running his mouth off at Ferrari.

Now Alain was a _champion_, and if he'd come to Champcars at that time, even though I don't care for him much, I'd have welcomed him!
Old 8 Feb 2003, 04:18 (Ref:500276)   #16
Liz
Veteran

Me too. I'd welcome him if he came over now too. *SIGH* As an owner of course. He got sacked by Ferrari for saying what Gilles had said about HIS Ferrari, although "That red Cadillac" was probably a little more palatable than "That Truck."

Gilles said
Quote:
'I don't think I was ever this disappointed with the T5. We have a fantastic engine, the best facilities, Fiorano and all the rest of it, and this chassis is terrible. You put on new tyres. and it's OK for four laps. After that, forget it. It's just like a fast red Cadillac, wallowing all over the place.'
And as for Alain:
Quote:
Prost was booted off of the Ferrari team in 1991 and missed the final race of the season after comparing the Ferrari to a truck. Ferrari management did not like his comments, and he was fired from the team.

Last edited by Liz; 8 Feb 2003 at 04:25.
Old 8 Feb 2003, 17:17 (Ref:500701)   #17
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Can we be fair to poor wee Luciano for a mo'? The lad's talented, no doubt about that, and certainly more than worthy of a CART drive. OK, he's ex-F1, but F1 race seats are harder and harder to find, and his last team did collapse, not exactly his fault. I think Jerry Forsythe should run a satellite team for Burti and Herta, or else Peter Zakowski should get his act together and run Burti and someone German - Marcel Tiemann, perhaps?