Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Sep 2009, 13:43 (Ref:2537070)   #51
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, only an 2.5 month off-season. While I don't think it would detract from driver movements in the off-season, I do think it would take a little longer than this for new drivers to feel comfortable and adapt to their new teams. This may also show in the results at the beginning of next year.
Also, if a driver is contracted to a team until the end of this year, does it mean that the particular driver is not allowed contact with his/her new team until January 2010?
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 9 Sep 2009, 15:10 (Ref:2537103)   #52
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So do the V8s get the full circuit or are they robbed again so they come past the stands more often.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 02:52 (Ref:2537467)   #53
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post
So, only an 2.5 month off-season. While I don't think it would detract from driver movements in the off-season, I do think it would take a little longer than this for new drivers to feel comfortable and adapt to their new teams. This may also show in the results at the beginning of next year.
Also, if a driver is contracted to a team until the end of this year, does it mean that the particular driver is not allowed contact with his/her new team until January 2010?
The 2.5 month off season will affect teams OH&S requirements I think because of staff being unable to take leave. Government tends to frown on firms that allow the staff to bank up leave hours and not use them.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 05:26 (Ref:2537504)   #54
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/conten...ms_16th_event/

Quote:
The V8 Supercar Championship Series will extend its season to 16 events in 2010, the most annual race weekends in the history of the sport.
Hardly

1985 and 1986 featured 10 ATCC rounds, 6 AEC rounds, plus the AGP support race... that makes 17 annual race weekends (not counting AMSCAR etc..)
Old 10 Sep 2009, 05:27 (Ref:2537505)   #55
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
yes if there is a crash victim and the car is heavily damaged that could completly **** someone's championship.
The Bahrain visit is obviously the 2009 round -- so they will be part of different Championships --so will only muck up one year!
Old 10 Sep 2009, 05:58 (Ref:2537517)   #56
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3 View Post
The Bahrain visit is obviously the 2009 round -- so they will be part of different Championships --so will only muck up one year!
Say What ¿
Old 10 Sep 2009, 06:05 (Ref:2537521)   #57
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBXR8 View Post
Say What ¿
He means, its not going to effect people as much being the first round, when everyone has 0 points, as opposed to the last round which will decide the championship.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 06:20 (Ref:2537524)   #58
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
He means, its not going to effect people as much being the first round, when everyone has 0 points, as opposed to the last round which will decide the championship.
Sometimes I think we should not speak or think for others.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 06:48 (Ref:2537529)   #59
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore View Post
The 2.5 month off season will affect teams OH&S requirements I think because of staff being unable to take leave. Government tends to frown on firms that allow the staff to bank up leave hours and not use them.

Really ?

I'm sure TC will have organised some special legislation to get around that deal breaker......

OHS requirements; someone please spare me from this dribble.....
Old 10 Sep 2009, 06:49 (Ref:2537530)   #60
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
With respect (whatever that might mean) they have been prepared to spend money to improve things, WA on the other hand have not

and TC should be using his powers to get the tracks upgraded if he can. the WA government have been slack in improbing this track, 5 years to improve things and they have only paid lip service
Definately V8SA should help to improve the track however not to hold the circuit and WA fans at ransom which is what TC has been doing for years. TC's ridiculous attack on the WA government in the early 00's is probably a reason why the Governments are in no hurry to wilt to his demands.

With Barbagello, fix the pits but dont touch the circuit.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 06:53 (Ref:2537531)   #61
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore View Post
firstly, which government department is that and secondly how does it stop people taking leave.

the typical person gets 4 weeks leave a year and most dont take it in one hit anyway
Old 10 Sep 2009, 07:04 (Ref:2537538)   #62
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Definately V8SA should help to improve the track however not to hold the circuit and WA fans at ransom which is what TC has been doing for years. TC's ridiculous attack on the WA government in the early 00's is probably a reason why the Governments are in no hurry to wilt to his demands.

With Barbagello, fix the pits but dont touch the circuit.

actually isnt it the WA government who is holding the fans to ransom. 5 years ago TC said fix the track and we will give you 5 years. He held up his end of the deal. the wA government have not.

Why would he want to deal with them again. Sorry to the 30,000 fans who turn up, but dont come on here and complain, ring and email your state government representative and tell them your not happy with them
Old 10 Sep 2009, 07:13 (Ref:2537543)   #63
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Whincup proved it last year. 0 Points from an early round in the championship, and he still won. Had it been reversed (say the 2nd to last round), it could have lost him the championship if the battle was neck and neck at the end of the year (like it sorta is this year atm)
Old 10 Sep 2009, 07:17 (Ref:2537548)   #64
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
wouldnt he have been further ahead though Stealthy?

he would have picked up points in NZ and then lost them at say Bahrain
Old 10 Sep 2009, 07:34 (Ref:2537555)   #65
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
wouldnt he have been further ahead though Stealthy?

he would have picked up points in NZ and then lost them at say Bahrain
Thats assuming it happened like that. Most drivers don't have championship on their mind in the first few rounds, when most drivers are still equal on points.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 07:38 (Ref:2537558)   #66
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
actually isnt it the WA government who is holding the fans to ransom. 5 years ago TC said fix the track and we will give you 5 years. He held up his end of the deal. the wA government have not.
Why is it the governments job to pay for improvements to a privately owned circuit??

If i want to put an extension on my house, i'd hardly say to the government "pay for it or i won't live there anymore"
Old 10 Sep 2009, 07:51 (Ref:2537566)   #67
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
Why is it the governments job to pay for improvements to a privately owned circuit??

If i want to put an extension on my house, i'd hardly say to the government "pay for it or i won't live there anymore"
a fair point racer, but different.

the difference is that you dont make any money out of your house.

The government on the other hand make money by having the v8 series come to WA. the West australian public/businesses make money by having the Series coming to WA. Why should those people be not expected to contribute to the series.

Do they government need put money into the track , no. Do V8SA need to go to WA, no. this is one of the biggest sporting events/ events total that WA have, its time the government kicked in.

They kicked in quarter of a million 5 years ago on the understanding they would contribute more, WA have gone through this huge boom time and its time they contributed more

the over thing is that its not really privately owned, its a club, anyone can become a member. and is not run for a profit

Governments spend much money on sporting facilities, Its time they contributed some to motorsport in WA
Old 10 Sep 2009, 08:47 (Ref:2537594)   #68
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
On autosport.com is has a story with Abu Dubai to be round 1 and Bahrain round 2 in 2010.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 10 Sep 2009, 08:59 (Ref:2537604)   #69
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Whincup proved it last year. 0 Points from an early round in the championship, and he still won. Had it been reversed (say the 2nd to last round), it could have lost him the championship if the battle was neck and neck at the end of the year (like it sorta is this year atm)
Hmm your reading of what he meant is vastly different to mine.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 09:03 (Ref:2537607)   #70
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Hmm your reading of what he meant is vastly different to mine.
You missed the quote he had in his post, replying to proracer. Read that, then what i said will make sense to you.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 09:23 (Ref:2537620)   #71
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Quote:
You missed the quote he had in his post, replying to proracer. Read that, then what i said will make sense to you.
The Bahrain visit is part of the 2010 championship. So I have absolutely no idea what Silver is trying to say. And if the double away round stays more than 1 year, someone destroying a car in the first round will have an effect each year.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 09:42 (Ref:2537631)   #72
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
The Bahrain visit is part of the 2010 championship. So I have absolutely no idea what Silver is trying to say. And if the double away round stays more than 1 year, someone destroying a car in the first round will have an effect each year.
I never said it wouldn't have an effect?

I said the effect will be different if its in the first event, to the last.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 09:48 (Ref:2537634)   #73
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
I know I have had a bad day but I don't think my maths are that bad yet. A 0 score round in the first event has exactly the same affect as a 0 score in the last round. Just the impression given is different!
Old 10 Sep 2009, 10:00 (Ref:2537641)   #74
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
I know I have had a bad day but I don't think my maths are that bad yet. A 0 score round in the first event has exactly the same affect as a 0 score in the last round. Just the impression given is different!
You maths is fine.

I'll dumb it down for those who have also had bad days.

Your driving style in round 1, when all drivers have 0 points (lets say, all guns blazing) is different to the last round of the championship, if your in a championship battle with another contender.
Old 11 Sep 2009, 02:45 (Ref:2538140)   #75
outinfront
Rookie

Australia
In a castle
outinfront should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope you all enjoy...... Another newflash ahead of GTRMagic.......

Official as of Sunday 13th - Press Release. Not Friday as stated previously in this thread.

But on the hush hush.......Obtained it from the back of the door in the powder room. Next to another message talking about "4 a good time call ..........."

2010 V8 Supercar Championship Series Calendar

Date Circuit

18 – 20 February Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi

25 – 27 February Bahrain International Circuit, Bahrain

Have got the rest of the calander but am book accom as we speak and prior to putting it on here. ha ha ha ha ha first in best dressed.