Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Sep 2009, 12:04 (Ref:2541144)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Exit... stage left?

Given the movements in UAE funds of late into the motorsporting arena, it begs the question as to who Mr Cochrane may be sizing up as a commercial partner/potential new owner for this series

The Qatar government's sovereign investment fun seems to have bought into BMW Sauber, the Abu Dhabi equivalent is a sponsor of Ford WRC... there are various English soccer clubs with similar involvements from that part of the world...

... so what is the real story for VESA?

Are they out in the Arab states looking for a buyer for the series?

In the article Here. Mr Cochrane is quoted as waxing lyrical about the importance of the Gulf states...

... but it has one wondering, if the importance is actually an exit play for S&EL & co?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Sep 2009, 12:35 (Ref:2541171)   #2
mspence
Racer

mspence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A man as polished as Mr Cochrane doesn't allow articles like that to be published on the official website without some further intention.

There's a couple of good stabs at the attitude of the fans there, so he's doing it to keep someone happy....
Old 15 Sep 2009, 13:07 (Ref:2541195)   #3
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
definatly doing it to keep a bill payer happy, fans are already ****ed off about going over there and it's another thing to then go and attack them for having that opinion.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 15:25 (Ref:2541287)   #4
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An interesting thing to do. criticise the fans, coming from a person who's catchcry for so long was "the fans own the sport"
Old 15 Sep 2009, 21:36 (Ref:2541551)   #5
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
An interesting thing to do. criticise the fans, coming from a person who's catchcry for so long was "the fans own the sport"
I don't deny that TC sometimes talks in different directions from week to week but I can't see one criticism of fans in that article. What bits do you think are critical of fans?
Old 15 Sep 2009, 21:52 (Ref:2541565)   #6
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's probably not the fans, but sections of media that are having a go.

I will say thou that the only fans that are complaining or carrying on are the small percentage of inbred simpleton's who think that V8SC are the only cars that should exist in Australian motorsport and should race every weekend at Bathurst.
Old 16 Sep 2009, 13:44 (Ref:2541993)   #7
emjaya
Racer

Aland Islands
in a house
emjaya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can somebody come round and slap me, I just found myself agreeing with Cochrane's comments. I go to the QLD rounds and watch the rest on tv. It doesn't bother me if the race is in NZ or the UAE; as long as it's on the box, I'm happy.

If VESA can find someone willing to pay them to race in the Middle East, then good luck to them. I'm just glad it's not more of my tax dollars being spent on street circuits I cannot race on.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 01:35 (Ref:2542526)   #8
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would it not be a partial sale rather than a full sale of the SEL shares to sort out the director with bigger pressing issues elsewhere?