Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Nov 2012, 11:19 (Ref:3165441)   #26
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
A lop side choice once again by V8 Supercars.
It was always going to be keeped in the Holden family, like everything else in V8 Supercars.
Old 12 Nov 2012, 12:35 (Ref:3165472)   #27
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
It was always going to be keeped in the Holden family, like everything else in V8 Supercars.
And so it begins!
Old 12 Nov 2012, 12:39 (Ref:3165474)   #28
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
and theres the problem, I'm sure he could do a good job, he has the experience, but last month he was being paid by HRT (maybe even this month) and therefore has a conflict of interest
Knowing McConky I suggest he has a little more integrity than he is going to get
credit for on here. But there you go.

At least he doesn't have to declare any conflicts Pecker I am sure you have them in your sights.
Old 12 Nov 2012, 21:05 (Ref:3165614)   #29
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Knowing McConky I suggest he has a little more integrity than he is going to get
credit for on here. But there you go.

At least he doesn't have to declare any conflicts Pecker I am sure you have them in your sights.
I'm sure he does, but it doesnt really matter if he had the most integrity in the world. The fact that he is on the payroll (or was last month) of one of the teams means he is conflicted and should not be doing this job.

And apparantly it not enough that I know he is conflicted and the information is public knowledge and easily found by anyone with google. It must be stated somewhere.
Old 12 Nov 2012, 23:54 (Ref:3165689)   #30
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
And apparantly it not enough that I know he is conflicted and the information is public knowledge and easily found by anyone with google. It must be stated somewhere.
Lets get this straight, lots of people in officialdom have POTENTIAL conflicts of interest. Tomas was a HRT driver too! Professionals can conduct their business without bias, and lets face it, bias is pretty obvious to everybody looking on.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 00:03 (Ref:3165692)   #31
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Lets get this straight, lots of people in officialdom have POTENTIAL conflicts of interest. Tomas was a HRT driver too! Professionals can conduct their business without bias, and lets face it, bias is pretty obvious to everybody looking on.
Tomas "was" a HRT driver. Cam "is" a HRT driver (or at least was just last month)

thats a big difference

Bias is not always obvious to everybody looking on,thats why most holden fans say Mark skaife is not biased and most Ford fans say he is

DSO's should not be linked to any team. Its basic independance 101, saddened that i should even have to defend it
Old 13 Nov 2012, 00:05 (Ref:3165694)   #32
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Bias is not always obvious to everybody looking on,thats why most holden fans say Mark skaife is not biased and most Ford fans say he is
Sorry but this is conspiracy mongering, favoured by the Ford fans.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 00:14 (Ref:3165696)   #33
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
DSO's should not be linked to any team. Its basic independance 101, saddened that i should even have to defend it
So, where do you find a DSO who has the relevant experience in the vehicles, and isnt linked to a team? Its easy, you just have to take off your red or blue tinted glasses.

Moving on, it should be a great weekend of racing, I'm looking forward to seeing the Formula Atlantics as a support category. Its a decent grid too, from what I have heard, some old names getting back into their old machinery.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 00:39 (Ref:3165703)   #34
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
So, where do you find a DSO who has the relevant experience in the vehicles, and isnt linked to a team? Its easy, you just have to take off your red or blue tinted glasses.

Moving on, it should be a great weekend of racing, I'm looking forward to seeing the Formula Atlantics as a support category. Its a decent grid too, from what I have heard, some old names getting back into their old machinery.
I think a number have been mentioned already, but the shouldnt be on the payroll of a team (or a sponsor). Unless we can get someone from O/S then they will have a previous history. but they shouldnt have a current history
Old 13 Nov 2012, 01:04 (Ref:3165712)   #35
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems to me that nobody gives a fat rat's about this besides you.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 01:16 (Ref:3165714)   #36
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Seems to me that nobody gives a fat rat's about this besides you.
firstly thats not correct but even if i was that doesnt mean what i am saying is wrong

also that reflects badly on you, not me
Old 13 Nov 2012, 02:24 (Ref:3165722)   #37
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why should it reflect badly on me?

I couldn't care less who the DSO is.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 04:03 (Ref:3165752)   #38
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:
A quick summary though, lots of great viewing spots all around the track, walk around and find your favourite.

Camping at the track or Benalla is less than ten mins away
Thanks, Pecks.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 08:54 (Ref:3165796)   #39
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigs fly View Post
JIM RICHARDS is most qualified person available as he's not FORD or HOLDEN but CHRYSLER.
AS nobody took any notice of this post i'll quote it again.so all the FORD (PECKY) supporters can readit again.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 10:02 (Ref:3165820)   #40
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I had pick Jim with other drivers yesterday in the 16th reply to this thread and I a Ford man
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 13 Nov 2012, 20:23 (Ref:3165996)   #41
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
I had pick Jim with other drivers yesterday in the 16th reply to this thread and I a Ford man
MY bad TSR but have a look at my orinigal post *20
Old 13 Nov 2012, 21:51 (Ref:3166034)   #42
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigs fly View Post
MY bad TSR but have a look at my orinigal post *20
Well I'm moving on, but seeing how you named me by name and we are quoting post numbers see post *17
Old 14 Nov 2012, 06:27 (Ref:3166144)   #43
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McConkin is employed by HSV, whose parent company also run a few V8Supercars, but i as a Ford man think he will do as good a job as anyone else
Old 15 Nov 2012, 00:35 (Ref:3166475)   #44
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YAWN, Clutching at straws here people FFS.

Bring on the race !
Old 16 Nov 2012, 00:41 (Ref:3166896)   #45
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I totally forgot the race was actually on this weekend, kept on thinking it was a couple of weeks away.

Dont mind watching Winton, the tight nature of the track tends to keep the pack together for some good racing.
Old 16 Nov 2012, 07:41 (Ref:3166959)   #46
Umai Naa
Veteran

Meanwhile, the Funny Pages (AA) have linked the silly season to a few teams' pre-marked soft tyre stocks...
Old 16 Nov 2012, 09:06 (Ref:3166974)   #47
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting day today, so many unfancied runners at or near the head of the charts.. perhaps Mr Van Gisbergen says it best..

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 Nov 2012, 06:39 (Ref:3167344)   #48
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And another borefest !!!
SVG showing that his current issues are
getting to him by outing WD and then
refusing the interview ?
Hope the kid makes the right decisions.
Old 17 Nov 2012, 06:43 (Ref:3167346)   #49
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Yet again, fpr, not content with tripping over its own feet, manages to empty a clip into them. What decides their strategy? Chook loto? Reading tea leaves? Chicken entrails? Tossing a coin?

A poor call to bring frosty in that early, then then to stuff up his fuel. They were
very, very, lucky that the race was shortened by a lap.

Kudos to Lowndes & moffat, a good drive from both. Ditto to the giz for taking
him & davision out. Thanks, I owe you a beer.
Old 17 Nov 2012, 07:25 (Ref:3167355)   #50
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brilliant drive from Mr Whincup again, to be relatively nowhere on hards while the soft tyre brigade flew past, to stay consistent in pace, a hot stop.. then consistency and speed to get back up the front.

Uncatchable...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House