Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Mar 2004, 11:45 (Ref:895791)   #51
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SetikX
This McLaren supporter is going to resign his mclaren ties soon, I feel faint.
A proper supporter supports a team through good times and bad.

How many of those who claim to support Ferrari now were backing them in 1991-94?
Old 6 Mar 2004, 12:03 (Ref:895814)   #52
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
A proper supporter supports a team through good times and bad.

How many of those who claim to support Ferrari now were backing them in 1991-94?
Not me dude, not me....

Hang on, I don't support them now either.

Although I did like Go Hard Burger.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 12:18 (Ref:895828)   #53
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it was sure worth staying up for! A great couple of sessions I thought. My observations for what they're worth...

That is one hell of a car Ferrari have built, it just looked so quick everywhere, lets just hope that the suggested performance drop off over a race distance is still true.

It's fantastic to have the old Juan Pablo back! He was tentative and steady towards the end of last year but now seems to be attacking harder than ever before. So much for him not getting any support this year. I suspect he and the Ferrari's are on the same strategy but I'll be very suprised if Button isn't in before most of the others.

James Allen has got marginally worse over the winter, it took less than 10mins for me to get completey annoyed with his whining on, although I did find it quite amusing that Martin had to tell him to shut up talking about Flav and Heidi - we've got some racing to talk about!

All in all it looks set to be a great race and I really can't wait to see how it all shapes out .
Old 6 Mar 2004, 12:29 (Ref:895839)   #54
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't be too disheartened McLaren people, while DC was typically bloody awful (not a lot you can do about that), Kimi's lap was comprimised by his team mates off track antics. Why couldn't the commentators work out why people were losing tons of time in sector one straight after DC had decided throw all sorts of rubbish on over the main straight? Yes Martin, it may be on the straight, but that stuff tends to stick to the tyres pretty nicely and is bound to cause some problems in turn one at the very least. This is particularly true for Kimi as the guy to go right after DC.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 12:45 (Ref:895861)   #55
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AdamAshmore
[B]

For ITV viewers: Were Martin and Mark taking the Michael out of Jim by imitating the little finger holding?

Maybe... but did you see Blunders before he changed shirts?...he looked like he'd eaten all that "Mustard" he keeps cutting, in that checkered job he started out in! Hahahaha
Old 6 Mar 2004, 12:48 (Ref:895864)   #56
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope Mclaren have race pace or we have a race like last year. I'd hate the thought of Ferrari running away with it!

Actually I wanted Montoya to go aqnd win, as I've put 50quid on him for the Championship

Check my site out if you missed any action by the way

Personally I didn't like the back-to-back sessions. It felt too crammed and went on for too long.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 12:51 (Ref:895868)   #57
Ralf
Racer

Ralf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Button
Webber
Season 2004
Old 6 Mar 2004, 13:03 (Ref:895888)   #58
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf why are you so frustrated with season 2004....ALREADY!?Look at the bloody times posted! It clearly shows the gap was much bigger last year (when Ferrari were running their old car might I add) and look what a season it turned out to be! Who knows what stretegy everyones on as well, for all you know Monty could be on a 2 Stopper compared to the Ferraris 3!

Well done to Jense! We knew you could do it! Mark Webber as well gets a huge thumbs up! Again both could be on 3 stoppers tomorrow compared to the rest, lets wait and see

Last edited by Gaz; 6 Mar 2004 at 13:04.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 13:07 (Ref:895892)   #59
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's precisely what I was thinking Damon. I was relieved that Michael and Juan weren't similarly affected. On pace Kimi looked good enough for row 3, and Ralf likewise (I don't think he was affected as much)
Old 6 Mar 2004, 13:08 (Ref:895895)   #60
f1truestory
Racer

f1truestory has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by f1truestory
I got a question now.

There are Qualify 1 and Qualify 2.
I thought in Q1 people fuelled to the minimium, i.e. for 3 laps only. So how on earth in Q2 they can be even faster with race fuel ???????
Anyone has answer to that?
Old 6 Mar 2004, 13:09 (Ref:895896)   #61
Ralf
Racer

Ralf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Let's hope you're right Gaz.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 13:16 (Ref:895908)   #62
D_Marshall
Racer

Sudan
North West, England
D_Marshall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think in Q1 the teams might be running with race fuel as well as Q2 for the drivers to get a feel for the car before going for their grid positions. As for the times being quicker, more cars have been out when Q2 starts so cleaner track with more rubber down. Thats how i worked it out anyway.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 13:21 (Ref:895913)   #63
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Decent enough qualifying! No surprise that Ferrari is so strong out of the box. The F2004 being an evolution, Ferrari I think pretty much knew what they had to do to be quick and they did it. The new Williams was impressive. Obviously it is a much better car to dial in than last seasons. Jury still out on the Macs . Mclaren have had a tendency in the past to run heavy first stints. I hope that's what they're doing here, or else the Kimi's worries of Merc power are well-founded.
Nice to see Webber at the sharp end though I imagine they're light on fuel. Same feeling with the BAR car.
Renault could be a real dark-horse.
Here's hoping for a close fought season.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 6 Mar 2004, 13:22 (Ref:895916)   #64
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is what i was wondering a while ago, whether or not they would go out on race fuel for Q1, so they could get a good idea of the car, or put even more fuel on board, so in Q2, the cars felt awesome!
Old 6 Mar 2004, 13:30 (Ref:895925)   #65
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So - the disappointments of final qual for Oz '04 -

Both MacLaren drivers, Ron you need help fast.

Jacques - sorry had a flash back and thought it was last year.

Ralf - doesn't matter which year it is really, the song (and the results) remain the same.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 13:46 (Ref:895943)   #66
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Trulli surprisingly slow.

Whats up with the Macs.. DC made all those mistakes but Kimi seemed to have a clean lap and still is in P 10...
Old 6 Mar 2004, 13:55 (Ref:895951)   #67
Airhead
Veteran

At least DC entertained with the airborne antics.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 14:07 (Ref:895957)   #68
SetikX
Racer

SetikX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kicking-back please forgive me, I am just bitterly upset. They showed so much promise and are now struggling to out pace a jaguar! But I will still have a spot for Mclaren as my number one team, but my backing will go to BAR I think. Mclaren have too much time and money to be this far back.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 14:22 (Ref:895962)   #69
Nina
Racer

Nina should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You may be right to be disappointed with McLaren, but the notion 'they are now struggling to outpace a Jaguar' The thing is that no team has any right to expect to be in the sacred top three...so nor do we? They all work so fooking hard year round to get where they are, and if Jaguar and Webber do a good lap then thats perhaps because they deserve it? Not like a fluke underdog thing! Im not doing very well at what I am trying to explain here am I?!

Basically... be mad with mclaren for not delivering, but you never know what trump cards they may play during the race! Same goes for each team - perhaps Ferrari enjoying some pre race hype by qualifying light?? Perhaps the Maccas looked like they were struggling because they are tanked up on fuel!! (thats the rumour out there isnt it)

Been up since quali - im babbling.... sorry
Old 6 Mar 2004, 14:42 (Ref:895972)   #70
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's my 2 cents:

Ferrari and Bridgestone, looking very good! But whats up with the rest of the Bridgestone cars? The next best is Sauber in 11th!

The times this year are significantly better than last year. Didn't expect that with the new one engine rule.

DC! He's driving for his F1 life, and he cracked under the pressure! Kimi, equally(almost)horrendous, and don't blame it all on debris.

Button will finally make us forget about JV! Sato right there to, this car is the real deal!

Sauber disappoints again, Toyota is a horror show, and once again, Webber, makes that terrible Jag look good!

Minardi is as bad as ever, very twitchy, and slow, and Jordan has taken another leap backward.

Cmon Trulli, pick it up, and get with your boy, Alonso!

Hmmm, my top 8 picks, are not looking to good! Can't wait for this race though!

Danica Patrick
Old 6 Mar 2004, 14:50 (Ref:895978)   #71
Nina
Racer

The funniest thing I heard on Thursday night was from a friend who said 'I think Jordan will do well this year'

!!! Its so sad though seeing Jordan now compared to what they were a few years ago - I always remember watching the European GP when Herbert won and was thinking, if HHF had won that race, Jordan and HHF would have had a real shot at the WDC. Shocking really that they have lost all that momentum since that day wherever Mike G goes, performance goes - perhaps we ought to stop talking about how great/poor the drivers are and start talking about the designers and engineers...
Old 6 Mar 2004, 14:55 (Ref:895982)   #72
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was rather baffled by the Ferrari pace through the last sector......that was a zone I would have thought suited the Michelins down to the ground, yet Montoya lost about six tenths through there. When I was watching the Montoya 3rd sector, it looked like he had really nailed it perfectly, yet he lost all that time......

Bridgestone have pulled something out of the bag, they really have.

Anyhow, I think we're nicely set up for the race. I reckon Montoya will be a force in the race, I'm quite sure of that!
Old 6 Mar 2004, 14:56 (Ref:895983)   #73
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i am so pleased that BUtton/Honda made it up so high- great result- but what is wrong with williams? is the new design more Pig than Perrigrine? and MAC?! oh dreadful day, why don't they have livery on the front wing?
i thought the orders would be so different, but the front is awash in red and Button may be a hero-Podiums he wanted he certainly can get htem it seems
Old 6 Mar 2004, 14:57 (Ref:895985)   #74
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Nina
The funniest thing I heard on Thursday night was from a friend who said 'I think Jordan will do well this year'

!!! Its so sad though seeing Jordan now compared to what they were a few years ago - I always remember watching the European GP when Herbert won and was thinking, if HHF had won that race, Jordan and HHF would have had a real shot at the WDC. Shocking really that they have lost all that momentum since that day wherever Mike G goes, performance goes - perhaps we ought to stop talking about how great/poor the drivers are and start talking about the designers and engineers...
Geez, what was your friend basing that on?

Didn't he see Eddie go down to the wire for his drivers? What a mess he made of that! I mean these guys have had no time behind the wheel of these cars, little testing was done, and Pantano has very little time in any F1 car, and has never raced in Albert Park!

It won't be a pretty year for this team...
Old 6 Mar 2004, 15:12 (Ref:895989)   #75
Nina
Racer

I know I made no mistake in telling my friend that they are on another planet