Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10 Feb 2008, 13:13 (Ref:2125691)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
UK viewers - what did you think of the Sky Sports coverage?

So we've had our first Sky covered live NASCAR race - what were your thoughts on it and what do you think needs improved?

First the positives - it wasn't quite as bad as I expected overall and the picture was beautiful and in widescreen.

However, some fears still proved true. A few too many ad breaks for my liking after having almost unbroken coverage on NASN and the studio element was actually worse than I thought.

I like Keith Heuwen and all that, he is a terrific bike commentator, but how is he going to keep interest going during a big 500 mile race? He won't - he is not a miracle man and he isn't Mr Knowledgeable on NASCAR. The studio breaks really served to break the flow and atmosphere too.

Post race, we missed pretty much all the driver interviews as well thanks to the studio.

Overall I think it was OK (I still enjoyed it) and the encouraging thing is they appear willing to listen to us fans. Sky have a product that is good at the moment, but they can make it outstanding if they really do listen to us.

But mainly I'd like to see them stick with the US coverage throughout, studio and all and I'd like the pre-race show back. It's not the same without the build up and the starting command and everything. And they do a good job of helping us get to know the stars of the show. And surely it is beneficial to Sky as they won't have to pay for the UK stuff!

I can live with the ad breaks I reckon. A pain, but they can be dealt with.

Anyhow, I e-mailed Sky with my thoughts (good and bad) so let's see how they respond to the public.

Send them your thoughts and ideas if you already haven't: nascar@skysports.com