Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 19 Feb 2006, 19:52 (Ref:1528637)   #151
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Xpunk75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah thats pretty sad, can't people get in trouble for this sort of stuff?
Old 20 Feb 2006, 16:06 (Ref:1528638)   #152
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Most Americans are having trouble keeping Champ Car and IndyCar apart, getting things confused etc, so why would someone working at a stock car website be any different?
Old 20 Feb 2006, 21:45 (Ref:1528639)   #153
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
anywho....

I was impressed with paul's progress through the race , he moved up quite well , just a shame he got tangled with Andretti (held it off the wall well though didnt he)

I havent followed this thread at all (its been going for that long) but can someone tell me what are his plans for 06 ??

Im sure he is in Champcar this year (Geez all the stuff in the off season has got me confused in all classes) but is he doing the full year of Busch racing or just a limited program ?
Old 21 Feb 2006, 08:03 (Ref:1528640)   #154
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Paul Tracy is doing a limited Busch Series program this season with the intent of switching over to stock cars full time in 2007.
Old 21 Feb 2006, 14:44 (Ref:1528641)   #155
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PT is doing 5 races I believe in the Busch series with the majority of them being run prior to the start of his Champ Car season. His next race will be at Mexico City. He won't be in the Sports Clips car however. He will be running with the Biaggi Bros. in their Geico sponsored Dodge. I think he will also be running in the Grand Am race that weekend as well. He is keeping himself very busy.
As for his switch to Stock Cars full time, reports are that is still very much up in the air. He is still testing the waters in Busch. Seeing whether he likes it or not and also what opportunities present themselves. I doubt that he would take a fulltime Cup ride with a backmarker team.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 21 Feb 2006, 14:47 (Ref:1528642)   #156
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy-ace
PT is doing 5 races I believe in the Busch series with the majority of them being run prior to the start of his Champ Car season. His next race will be at Mexico City. He won't be in the Sports Clips car however. He will be running with the Biaggi Bros. in their Geico sponsored Dodge. I think he will also be running in the Grand Am race that weekend as well. He is keeping himself very busy.
As for his switch to Stock Cars full time, reports are that is still very much up in the air. He is still testing the waters in Busch. Seeing whether he likes it or not and also what opportunities present themselves. I doubt that he would take a fulltime Cup ride with a backmarker team.
What I have read so far suggested he was looking at a full-time Busch ride for 2007.
Old 21 Feb 2006, 16:12 (Ref:1528643)   #157
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
Haven't read those reports myself, but according to 'Raceline Radio' a syndicated motorsports radio program in Canada, PT is still treating it as a 'testing of the waters'.
I would be inclined to believe them as well considering they have fairly strong ties with PT, having covered his career since the beginning.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 21 Feb 2006, 23:50 (Ref:1528651)   #158
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
NOTE:

Everything up to this point has been a thread copied from the ChampCar forum.

Because of its relevance to NASCAR, perhaps this should have been done earlier. It started back in July 2005 afterall!

My bad.
Old 22 Feb 2006, 07:36 (Ref:1528769)   #159
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

it will be good to see paul tracy banging wheels with tony stewart - who do you reckon will take a backward step first....
Old 23 Feb 2006, 02:23 (Ref:1529532)   #160
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PT may be 'testing" the waters but if so it is to see if he has talent for stock cars on the Nascar level. I have no doubt that if he finds that he can race with the Busch cars that we will see a complete career change.
Old 23 Feb 2006, 09:31 (Ref:1529685)   #161
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
I think the Busch race at Fontana this weekend will be a better chance for Tracy to show what he can do.
Old 23 Feb 2006, 21:04 (Ref:1530117)   #162
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Why do you think that?

I ask because I am more or less entirely ignorant with regards NASCAR (beyond an overall awareness of who does well in Nextel). I would watch it periodically in the UK, at 4am and the like on terrestrial repeats, and didn't follow last season (except for the odd race), despite having moved to Canada, although I meant to, because of forgetting due to not being in the habit.

As of today I am resolving to ensure I don't forget, and so with this I am about to embark on a rather steep learning curve.
Old 24 Feb 2006, 03:48 (Ref:1530322)   #163
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
I think the Busch race at Fontana this weekend will be a better chance for Tracy to show what he can do.
PT will be running the Fontana oval in September. His next race will be in Mexico, his next oval race is in Vegas.
Old 24 Feb 2006, 09:02 (Ref:1530490)   #164
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Why do you think that?
Because Fontana is a track where Tracy has a lot of experience - he will know the characteristics of the track, where the bumps are and so on, which should make it a bit easier to come up to speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy-ace
PT will be running the Fontana oval in September. His next race will be in Mexico, his next oval race is in Vegas.
Ah, I had only heard he'd be doing several of the early races before the start of the Champ Car opener and assumed Fontana was one of them. My bad.

He might do well at Las Vegas, and I fully expect him to have a good run at Mexico.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 12:14 (Ref:1564133)   #165
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
Here's a pretty good read on PT and his NASCAR experience.
Pretty cool part about the Sugerland Roadcourse as well. I can't wait until I am rich.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/N...e.asp?ID=10028
Old 18 Apr 2006, 21:44 (Ref:1588022)   #166
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
Heads up kids! Tracy's going to Talladega!

http://speedtv.com/articles/nascar/auto/23089/
Old 18 Apr 2006, 21:55 (Ref:1588037)   #167
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This will be cool to see. Perhaps as Tracy has basically said he will stay in Champ Car for possibly up to 3 years, for the possible merge he's preparing to stay fresh on the ovals.