Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 26 Feb 2008, 09:16 (Ref:2138214)   #151
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to gordon one minute he was quick then towards the end of the race he lost his pace,not bad race,roll on sunday,is there a sprint race aswell.

BB....
Old 26 Feb 2008, 15:20 (Ref:2138441)   #152
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Kyle Busch is running some suicidal lines!

Two Hendrick cars done for the day. Mears has a wild ride.
Whillikers knowlesy, I ask you to look after Jr while I am at the Beach and what happens, you let someone put him into the wall early in the race. On top of that you didn't even cheer Jeff on to a win.

Guess I had better not take any more absences from Race Day.

Oh yeah, and worse of all you let Kyle take over the points lead.
Old 26 Feb 2008, 15:21 (Ref:2138442)   #153
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As Fontana races go, I really enjoyed it.

The CoT demands a new style that bodes well for the season. Loved how some of them were balancing the cars on the throttle in the middle through to the exit of the corners. With the old car it was off the throttle on entry, wait and floor it on exit.

Great stuff. The day would have been even better if JPM hadn't tapped the wall.

I am sorry Kyle took over muggle, but he has a wicked car. And as for Jr, well, I can't account for a mistake by Mears (note to Casey - avoid the wet bits. It helps enormously.).
Old 26 Feb 2008, 15:28 (Ref:2138449)   #154
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read in this morning's paper that Jeff Gordon's engine blew and he coasted to the finish at California.
Old 26 Feb 2008, 15:35 (Ref:2138457)   #155
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, he was lucky the yellow/chequer fell.
Old 26 Feb 2008, 21:08 (Ref:2138703)   #156
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yes, he was lucky the yellow/chequer fell.
...better to be lucky than good...story of Jeff Gordo.
Old 26 Feb 2008, 21:24 (Ref:2138710)   #157
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

He's very Michael Schumacher-esque in that he is blessed with extraordinary talent and extraordinary luck!

*Cue "you make your own luck" rubbish*
Old 26 Feb 2008, 22:07 (Ref:2138746)   #158
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
luck can also be defined as combination of skill and opprotunity. some have more opprotunity than others. some have more skill.
Old 26 Feb 2008, 22:31 (Ref:2138759)   #159
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

For me it is a mixture. I think you can make your own luck for sure (preparation is a wonderful thing), but other times you are simply in the lap of the gods.

I refuse to believe Jeff Gordon created the luck that brought out that yellow flag yesterday!
Old 27 Feb 2008, 02:13 (Ref:2138887)   #160
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Oh, my...the luck debate. Oh, I want to go on about this...but I won't.

Luck does not exist. There is adequate preparation and execution, and there is inadequate preparation and execution.

Things may happen to people they are not directly responsible for, but that does not mean this thing "luck" had anything to do with it.
Old 27 Feb 2008, 03:05 (Ref:2138903)   #161
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I refuse to believe Jeff Gordon created the luck that brought out that yellow flag yesterday!
gordon's luck didn't bring the caution out; rick hendrick used his psychic powers to make dale spin out.
Old 27 Feb 2008, 03:13 (Ref:2138905)   #162
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stradlin21
typical race at Cali

hate the place to be honest
So Cal please. I don't think you would say the same up here in Nor Cal.
Old 27 Feb 2008, 08:09 (Ref:2138990)   #163
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gordon has talent. what bought out the yellow was someone elses lack of it.
Old 27 Feb 2008, 14:27 (Ref:2139290)   #164
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
Jeff Gordon has been "lucky" enough to win 81 races. I wonder if "talent" had anything to do with those 81 wins. Maybe he just has a horseshoe stuck up his rear.

Jeff will go down in Nascar history as one of its greatest drivers.
Old 27 Feb 2008, 15:30 (Ref:2139332)   #165
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

He already has.
Old 27 Feb 2008, 16:07 (Ref:2139360)   #166
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
yeah, he's wonderful.

and as for the race, since this is the Fontana thread, i think that the new car performed well, made for descent racing, but i really look forward to it racing on some REAL stockcar tracks like Darlington, Atlanta and Bristol. D-shaped ovals are a bit of a bore.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 27 Feb 2008 at 16:10.