Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Nov 2010, 07:46 (Ref:2789511)   #51
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Dont worry crash bandicot's mummy will pay the officals off and all will be oakleydokley
That old chesnut. Plenty of other drivers out there with parents involved in the sport. james moffat.BPB richards. The Davisons. steve johnson. Jack Perkins. Why not pick on them? Or is Rick's C'ship win still too bitter a pill to swallow?
Old 13 Nov 2010, 07:52 (Ref:2789512)   #52
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyway, back in reality... it was unfortunate to see Mr A.Davison achieve practically nothing with the brand new #4... the noise around is that he is unwell.. yet the other bloke in a new car also has an illness, and he jags 2nd place on speed.

The excuse book will come out of the cupboard for Sandown no doubt
Old 13 Nov 2010, 08:26 (Ref:2789527)   #53
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Likewise you'll never hear a bad word about brock from 99% of motorsport fans, yet he walked away from a fan after noticing his DJR logo on his polo shirt (And i can confirm that the flip side, DJ was quite happy to have a chat to me even though I was wearing a 'holden' shirt).

Bad day perhaps?
James dont mind either.....

Old 13 Nov 2010, 08:37 (Ref:2789533)   #54
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Practising for next year, perhaps.

BTW, the race advertised as "Live" on TV was delayed 1 hour in Queensland. (I know because I can get Lismore TV, race had finished on Prime Lismore just before it started on 7 Gold Coast).
Old 13 Nov 2010, 08:46 (Ref:2789536)   #55
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Was the BPB & Mommy's boy pit lane scuffle a copy and news grab copy from last week NASCAR scuffle between Gordon & the other bloke. As V8 are a NASCAR copy, who knows, as long as it gets prime news time, which it did not in Sydney.???????????
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 13 Nov 2010, 11:20 (Ref:2789591)   #56
v8man
Racer

v8man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Rick and Richo come together

and not on the track.

hers a suprise imagine that this would happen at SP
NO, NO, NO You people have it all wrong, Richo is only applying for the drive in the 4th Kelly car in 2011
Old 13 Nov 2010, 13:01 (Ref:2789633)   #57
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
Gee I have met Steven at a few sponsors functions over the last few years, and he has ALWAYS come across as a really nice down to earth bloke - nothing like that at all
Well, if I try and repeat what he said to me, I'll be banned for life from this forum site. And all I said was "G'day, how's it going?" After that day, I lost all respect for him.
Old 13 Nov 2010, 15:14 (Ref:2789673)   #58
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pretty entertaining race but what was with The Giz? He left his monogram on quite a few cars, I thought he was pretty out of hand. Probably lucky he didn't take himself and Bright out when they touched wheels.

Lowndes looked flawless, GT made the best of what he had. Murph, what can I say?
Old 13 Nov 2010, 19:20 (Ref:2789761)   #59
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Was the BPB & Mommy's boy pit lane scuffle a copy and news grab copy from last week NASCAR scuffle between Gordon & the other bloke. As V8 are a NASCAR copy, who knows, as long as it gets prime news time, which it did not in Sydney.???????????
Easy explanation for the Lightweight Championship of The Century - BPB cannot pass anything without hitting it ...
Old 13 Nov 2010, 20:32 (Ref:2789790)   #60
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Pretty entertaining race but what was with The Giz? He left his monogram on quite a few cars, I thought he was pretty out of hand. Probably lucky he didn't take himself and Bright out when they touched wheels.

Lowndes looked flawless, GT made the best of what he had. Murph, what can I say?
I believe its called trying to pass on a track v8 supercars cant really pass on.
Old 13 Nov 2010, 20:40 (Ref:2789796)   #61
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
BPB?
Old 13 Nov 2010, 21:20 (Ref:2789813)   #62
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
BPB?
B Pillar Basher = Steven Richards
Old 13 Nov 2010, 21:57 (Ref:2789820)   #63
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a dirty filthy old day, low cloud, rain and a strong south-easterly.
Gradual improvement later in the day.
Old 13 Nov 2010, 22:01 (Ref:2789822)   #64
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I believe its called trying to pass on a track v8 supercars cant really pass on.
Plenty of people made clean passes on the back straight but Shane seemed to want to arrow straight into people at the hairpin.
Old 13 Nov 2010, 22:03 (Ref:2789825)   #65
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
like who mixer

about from Jamie making a couple of early passes on fresh tyres. the front few managed to finish in pretty much the same order
Old 14 Nov 2010, 02:31 (Ref:2789905)   #66
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Q2

Can #14 stay there?
Old 14 Nov 2010, 02:34 (Ref:2789906)   #67
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Q2

Can #14 stay there?
Loss of i think 10 places yesterday....doubt it.
#8 pretty close aswell. Sponsor hunting maybe?
Old 14 Nov 2010, 02:40 (Ref:2789909)   #68
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
wow is that the first time will has out qualified Gt this year ?
Old 14 Nov 2010, 02:44 (Ref:2789914)   #69
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
From Speedcafe...

Mr Courtney has lots to do from the back, that rainkid isnt anywhere special on the grid, Mr Lowndes is more likely to be the watchout in the race itself..
Old 14 Nov 2010, 03:11 (Ref:2789926)   #70
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
From Speedcafe...

Mr Courtney has lots to do from the back, that rainkid isnt anywhere special on the grid, Mr Lowndes is more likely to be the watchout in the race itself..
Basically going to be a 3 hourse race if they finish roughly where they are (eg lowndes closing the gap)
Old 14 Nov 2010, 03:16 (Ref:2789929)   #71
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
if they finish where they are Frosty is about 40 points behind lowndes, so it will be a 4 horse race
Old 14 Nov 2010, 04:03 (Ref:2789943)   #72
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still a fine misty rain, however it may start to clear over the last 20 minutes of the race!
Old 14 Nov 2010, 04:05 (Ref:2789944)   #73
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
So if its wet all race, does that mean the sprints will be kept for another round?
Old 14 Nov 2010, 04:39 (Ref:2789946)   #74
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
So if its wet all race, does that mean the sprints will be kept for another round?
They could be saved for a test day.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 05:12 (Ref:2789954)   #75
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Didn't matter, but they go back. They are not part of your tyre bank.