Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 17 Jun 2002, 07:43 (Ref:315208)   #1
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Age old question finally answered

Well at Mondello yesterday, I watched in awe as a question that philosophers have been arguing over for years was finally answered.

The Aprillia 125/250s came out on their warm up lap - and as they did, the heavens opened and it started to absolutely PELT rain.

All the riders were on slicks....so instead of driving down to the grid, they all went back into pitlane instead.

This proves for once and for all that bikers DO INDEED have the sense to come in out of the rain

Old 17 Jun 2002, 11:10 (Ref:315341)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actually only about 70% of 'em went back down the pitlane.
Old 17 Jun 2002, 11:18 (Ref:315350)   #3
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
well that's still the majority
Old 18 Jun 2002, 09:32 (Ref:315934)   #4
flaggie1
Racer

flaggie1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And theres me thinking bike racers had grown some common sense. Got all the respect in the world for them though. Wouldn't do that for quids.
Old 18 Jun 2002, 09:56 (Ref:315943)   #5
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
I love them too - well most of them - apart from the one that decided to shove a female marshal on Sunday. Something I think he has been given cause to regret since I'm glad to say - the organisers were NOT amused. Neither were the rest of us - but he'd made himself scarce by the time we got in from post!

But in general I love them - which is why it's fun to extract the urine occasionally!
Old 18 Jun 2002, 10:59 (Ref:315978)   #6
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Hmmm......but if it had been a 600 race they probably wouldn't even have been able to find their way back down the pit lane!

Disclaimer: I am allowed to make disparaging remarks about 600 riders - I am one! (but only on the road- I'm not THAT much of a hooligan!)