Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 May 2006, 11:35 (Ref:1614797)   #1
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best way to get to La Sarthe on Friday 16th?

Hello all. We are going to be staying at the Airtrack campsite for this years race - can anyone recommend the best way into the circuit interiror and whether one should skirt round from the North or the South? From memory, I think we need to be getting to where the D139 crosses the D92, but am not sure which roads will be open to get there! Any help much appreciated, thanks!
Old 20 May 2006, 15:15 (Ref:1614909)   #2
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Where is the Airtrack campsite?
Old 20 May 2006, 17:23 (Ref:1615034)   #3
Osella
Veteran

not far from the Technoparc.
Old 20 May 2006, 21:11 (Ref:1615205)   #4
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
I'm not sure, but I don't think roads are closed on friday
they're probably not one-way either
Old 20 May 2006, 21:12 (Ref:1615206)   #5
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
but I clearly don't see where's the campsite you're talking about ...
Old 22 May 2006, 08:05 (Ref:1616047)   #6
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You'll be best off walking....
Old 22 May 2006, 12:47 (Ref:1616260)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Hello again Osella

All the roads will be open on Friday, but beware it's not called Mad friday for nothing, loads of people cruising around the circuit some faster than others. If you are not sure of the directions the tickets should give you a colour and if you then follow the signs as you approach the circuit you will find your way to Technopark, Beausejours and Karting nord they are all in the same area. There are shorter and quicker ways but until you know your way around its safer to follow the signs. Your campsite is idealy situated to drive to Arnage corner during the race and you must make that trip, you will not regret it.

Happy camping and enjoy the race.

GT6
Old 22 May 2006, 12:59 (Ref:1616267)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6
Your campsite is idealy situated to drive to Arnage corner during the race and you must make that trip, you will not regret it.

That's for sure.

Whenever I go out there (usually on Sunday lunchtime) it seems as if everyone has decided to go there at exactly the same time.........
Old 22 May 2006, 13:51 (Ref:1616313)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It makes no difference what time you go, the traffic is always bad and the car parks full however Arnage at night is just the most incredible sight and althought the viewing for indianapolis is not what it used to be it is still my favourite spot.
Old 23 May 2006, 08:14 (Ref:1616879)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We tend to go there for lunch on Sunday - one of the stalls there does great omelettes and fabulous cider.........
Old 23 May 2006, 08:41 (Ref:1616903)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Tried the cider but never the omelettes usually stick to chips on sunday feed up with BBQ by then, thanks for the tip. maybe we should have a "best food stall at Le mans tread".
Old 23 May 2006, 08:51 (Ref:1616916)   #12
Osella
Veteran

Hi guys sorry for the delay in replying, I got my brother (designated driver) to ask the question because it's he who has difficulty with directions. I'm in the passenger seat and my difficulty is with reading maps!

a further explication

yes it's somewhere near the Technoparc;

It's on or near a road called Chemin Aux Boeufs;

we're wondering,
Can anyone recommend an approach:- from the North or swinging round to the
East of the circuit and coming up from just South?
Old 23 May 2006, 09:05 (Ref:1616927)   #13
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Chemin aux Boeufs is what they used to call Houx Annexx about 10 years ago I think, in which case it's no where near technopark campsite, but if you head from the centre of Lemans and take the road to tours you should end up on the Carrefore supermarket road, you then end up on tertre rouge itself and at the start of the mulsanne you turn right into the main campsite, the road should then pass Houx Annexx and continue passed Houx itself. Your campsite could either be on part of the area behind Houx annex or if the road is now call chemin Aux Boeufs it should thake you there. If you try going round the outside it will probably be more complicated and a lot harder.

If in doubt phone the ACO they speak english and will tell you exactly where your campsite is and be able to suggest ways of gettng there. Lemans itself is busy between 4.30 and 6.00 but the sign posts are understandable.
Old 23 May 2006, 09:06 (Ref:1616928)   #14
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osella
It's on or near a road called Chemin Aux Boeufs;... Can anyone recommend an approach
Chemin aux Boeufs (Road of the Cows ) is where the Houx Annexe is, so if you get hopelessly lost then that is somewhere to ask directions for.

Your route in by car will be as follows, starting from out of town arriving from the north. (Honorable Mentions will be made of all campsites for the interest of other newbies).

1) Exit the autoroute at the first Le Mans exit
2) This brings you into the ZI (Zone Industriel) Nord, take the dual carriageway towards the town.
3) At the top of the hill you need to be in the right hand lane which takes you off on a slip road to the bypass (there should be some temporary signs to the circuit here).
4) Tank along the bypass for several miles, you are looking for an exit is at a set of traffic lights underneath a flyover. Look out for circuit signs for 'blanc' or 'bleu'. Turn right at the lights.
5) This road will take you to a roundabout near the Expo centre and you should now see the circuit and airport. You want to go straight over onto a small 2-laned exit (keeping left) which corkscrews onto the autoroute, keep in the right hand lane as you are exiting straight away.
6) You should now be in front of the main circuit entrance.
7) Turn right and head down towards the campsite.
8) You will pass Maison Blanche on the left, Bleu on the right.
9) At the roundabout turn left.
10) this passes the Porsche Curves enclosure, and Beausejour.
11) Take the first left.
12) The Technoparc is on the right, and Karting Nord on the left.
13) This will take you upto Chemin aux Boeufs and the Houx, Houx Annexe and eventually to the Tertre Rouge entrance (and bar!).

The Airtrack site will be somewhere along the road from direction '9' onwards.
Old 23 May 2006, 09:12 (Ref:1616931)   #15
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Not wishing to 'diss' GT6's alternative route, but I believe there are roadworks up by the Carrefour, so it might be wiser to avoid that area.

Plus, whenever I've tried to be clever and take that route back, I've never been able to spot the tiny exit at Tertre Rouge and have ended up going down to the roundabout at the first 'chicane'. I am, of course, a Lamer.
Old 23 May 2006, 09:25 (Ref:1616939)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Truckosaurus, I understand your comments but:
On Friday the road should be open so you will not have to use the little exit down that hill, the road should go straight onto mulsanne, I know the roadworks will be a pain but the most direct route even with the odd traffic jam is the best for virgin drivers, I am sure that you like myself can find you way around the south of Le Mans on Sunday afternoon with all the traffic changes and road closures, but for a novice the slower simplier route is probably the best bet.
Old 23 May 2006, 12:50 (Ref:1617117)   #17
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think for us new comers to Le Mans there should be a "best food stall thread" as earlier suggested
Old 24 May 2006, 12:55 (Ref:1617867)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
I think for us new comers to Le Mans there should be a "best food stall thread" as earlier suggested

Look and ye shall find.....
Old 24 May 2006, 13:33 (Ref:1617898)   #19
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Found it, posted on it, remembered bits of it (well, that'd be the bits I like)