Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 21 Sep 2007, 17:27 (Ref:2019904)   #51
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff
Hey, is Jacques not running in the truck series this weekend, and presumably it'll be televised? Anybody know the particulars? Thanking you in advance...yada, yada, yada.
Saturday at Speed TV...channel 53060 Wheels at TVU...

Last edited by FIRE; 21 Sep 2007 at 17:30.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 17:44 (Ref:2019916)   #52
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/head...uve/index.html

The 1995 Indy 500 winner JV and the 1996 Indy 500 winner Buddy Lazier will both make their 'NASCAR' truck debut this weekend at Las Vegas..
Old 21 Sep 2007, 20:09 (Ref:2020050)   #53
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is funny how much JV's Indy 500 win is being hyped in NASCAR media coverage of him while his F1 world championship is almost an afterthought. JV will become only the 3rd WDC to race in NASCAR (and Mario Andretti became a WDC after running a few NASCAR races and Clark ran only one NASCAR race). I am surprised that is being ignored. The Indy 500 is a big race but it is just one race. Villeneuve was the best over an entire season in the pinnacle of motorsport. This just illustrates the ignorance of F1, even among American racing journalists.

Speaking of former F1 driver in NASCAR, 35 cars have qualified thus far at Dover and one Juan Pablo Montoya is currently on the provisional pole.

3 Heinz-Harald Frentzen Williams-Renault 42 (1 win, 1 pole)

Anyone could have won in the 97' Williams...
Old 22 Sep 2007, 00:00 (Ref:2020167)   #54
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt
http://www.nascar.com/races/truck/20...ntry_list.html

Thats not the starting position - thats the entry list!
Old 22 Sep 2007, 11:28 (Ref:2020375)   #55
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for that Muggle, Fire. Saturday it is then.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 12:43 (Ref:2020409)   #56
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
4 p.m. mountain time on Speed (1 hr 30 mins).
Old 22 Sep 2007, 22:03 (Ref:2020670)   #57
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Qualifying starting now--JV got a late draw which is good!

3 Heinz-Harald Frentzen Williams-Renault 42 (1 win, 1 pole)

Anyone could have won in the 97' Williams...
Old 25 Sep 2007, 08:30 (Ref:2022364)   #58
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finished the Las Vegas 350 in 21st position after having an accident trying to lap Brian Scott.

Bill Davis was impressed with how JV performed.

Source: jv-world.com
Old 27 Sep 2007, 22:02 (Ref:2024713)   #59
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Fox sports is reporting that JV will be racing in a Cup car at Talledega. He will also participate in ARCA on Friday and the CTS on Saturday that weekend. I can't see them throwing him in there so soon.... but that's supposedly the scoop!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/7271104
Old 28 Sep 2007, 00:00 (Ref:2024758)   #60
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope he doesn't race at Dega in the Cup race. it is way too soon and I would hate to see him cause a big one that would take out some of the Chase drivers............it would not be fair to him and could cause a lot of hard feelings. Just my opinion.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 00:02 (Ref:2024759)   #61
Kirk
Veteran

I agree ... it is too soon.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 13:04 (Ref:2025119)   #62
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If JV has the talent, he should try a Cup debut as soon as possible.

However, 'dega is not really the place, I have to agree.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 14:38 (Ref:2025182)   #63
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If i was in his position i would be trying to get as many miles in as many stock cars as i could. Its not like he's never driven ovals before like Scott Speed.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 28 Sep 2007, 17:16 (Ref:2025278)   #64
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
Ok, here goes at the risk of offending all the O.W. fans now posting.

There are 12 drivers racing for the Nextel Cup Championship in the last 10 races of the year. The Championship is important to each one of them. JV is talented but inexperienced driving the Cup cars. Dega is a difficult track to drive for even the experienced guys. It is not right to throw an inexperienced guy in the mix who may cause "the big one" and take some of the drivers out of the race and probably cost them a good shot at the Championship. Not fair to the regular Cup guys AND not fair to JV.

Remember, Dega is not "about" JV. It is about guys trying to win the Championship. he can get experience in ARCA or Busch where the stakes aren't as high.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 17:53 (Ref:2025302)   #65
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe he should just follow what JPM did last year, a couple of ARCA races, then a few Busch races and a Cup attempt at Homestead. Yes, there is still a risk he could get involved with Chase folk there, but it is easier to avoid trohble there.

I guess they want to try Talladega because they feel there is more chance to qualify there with it being essentially self-driven in qualifying?

Different story in a pack of 20 or 30 cars on race day.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 22:49 (Ref:2025426)   #66
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle not
Ok, here goes at the risk of offending all the O.W. fans now posting.

There are 12 drivers racing for the Nextel Cup Championship in the last 10 races of the year. The Championship is important to each one of them. JV is talented but inexperienced driving the Cup cars. Dega is a difficult track to drive for even the experienced guys. It is not right to throw an inexperienced guy in the mix who may cause "the big one" and take some of the drivers out of the race and probably cost them a good shot at the Championship. Not fair to the regular Cup guys AND not fair to JV.

Remember, Dega is not "about" JV. It is about guys trying to win the Championship. he can get experience in ARCA or Busch where the stakes aren't as high.
Well, Jeff Gordon agrees with me.

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/head...ega/index.html
Old 28 Sep 2007, 23:52 (Ref:2025456)   #67
Kirk
Veteran

Although I am concerned I doubt very much that JV will in any way impede the top drivers. He will be ultra conservative and I suppose that is better for him than running the ARCA race. I think my concern will dissippate after a few laps.
Old 29 Sep 2007, 21:17 (Ref:2026026)   #68
Kirk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
Well Labbe is a lot closer to the action than you and he disagrees wholeheartedly I'd say... and I quote:

"All day long, from the first run right off the track he was spitting it out," Labbe said. "Most drivers are just it's tight or it's loose. You have to beat it out of them, where is it tight, where is it loose. JV, he started on the entry, late entry, center, center-off, he broke down a corner. I guess it's from his Formula 1 days where all the engineers have the information in front of them. He did a super job. The input was tremendous, one of the best I've ever heard."

Pretty high praise, and this only day 1. JV is a quick study as testified by most anyone that has worked with him. I agree it won't happen overnight but maybe it will happen sooner than later ( based on the above assessment)
..er... Told you so!
Old 2 Oct 2007, 01:23 (Ref:2028468)   #69
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV's entry for Dega is confirmed:

http://www.jv-world.com/news/story_10511.shtml
Old 3 Oct 2007, 00:21 (Ref:2029470)   #70
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
First he's got to qualify, but if he does:In addition to Sunday’s 500-miler, Villeneuve will contest Saturday afternoon’s Craftsman Truck event, the 94-lap ‘Mountain Dew 250...

Wow, stay frosty Jacques.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 15:08 (Ref:2029942)   #71
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
Dario will run the ARCA race at Dega....and that is where I think JV should be running.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 19:09 (Ref:2030138)   #72
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

There seems to be increasing unrest amongst the Cup drivers about JV this weekend.

I do hope nothing goes wrong for JV's sake.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 04:14 (Ref:2030473)   #73
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
w.t.f.?

j.v. will be lapped before the first caution.
i hope someone dumps him before tony has too.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 12:31 (Ref:2030783)   #74
Kirk
Veteran

The good ol' boys have legitimate concerns, no doubt about it. However, when I heard JV was not being pushed by his team, and, in fact it was JV himself who felt he was ready, my concern abated. He'll be fine. The NASCAR chase guys have more to worry about after witnessing the Cup demo derby that took place last weekend.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 12:48 (Ref:2030811)   #75
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If something has the Cup boys attention like this it probably means they feel threatened. I don't tend to take any of their whinings too seriously ever since they punted Martin Brundle out of a IROC race when he'd whupped them once and was about to do so again.