Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 Jun 2000, 20:36 (Ref:17643)   #1
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Mario Andretti /well/ off the pace, will Panoz decide to give Jan Magnussen and David Brabham more time in the car at the expense of the old boy ? Are they capable of 'carrying' Andretti for the 24hrs, or do you think that he will come good once they're rolling ?
Old 18 Jun 2000, 07:58 (Ref:17755)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can't see his name on teletext. Is the car still running?
Old 18 Jun 2000, 11:10 (Ref:17765)   #3
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Brabham/Andretti Panoz is running in 14th about 40 lpas down. They had to change a gear cluster when they lost 4th and 5th gears.
Old 19 Jun 2000, 09:47 (Ref:17933)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mario

Just a word from Chez BlueBottle -

I felt very sorry for Mario all weekend. He was obviously well over his head and I am sure he thought he could do it when he got in the car, but it was obvious from the first that he was making Brabham and Mags drag an anchor for the whole race. He is making noises about coming next year but I have serious doubts he will be able to find anyone who will give him a drive. The Panoz ran like a demon when the young guys were driving it, and I'm sure they will be back next year much stronger.

But I still feel sorry for Mario.