Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 20 Aug 2017, 01:56 (Ref:3760488)   #3001
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was just about to ask this to move to LMP Evo Rules. Thanks for doing my task for me.

Last edited by AoB Special Stage; 20 Aug 2017 at 01:56. Reason: I can English
Old 20 Aug 2017, 14:10 (Ref:3760581)   #3002
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is interesting to note that in the presentation of the Acura the number had a silver background.
Does this have to do with the decorative marketing of the presentation or is it the new style 2018 of P class in IMSA?
I like silver for DPI/LMP2, Red in GTLM and Green in GTD.
Old 20 Aug 2017, 14:56 (Ref:3760585)   #3003
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Probably for presentation only. Personally, I found the number hard to read depending on how light hit the panel.
Old 20 Aug 2017, 16:54 (Ref:3760591)   #3004
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Probably for presentation only. Personally, I found the number hard to read depending on how light hit the panel.
Yes, it may be, perhaps a darker tone would be fine.
Old 20 Aug 2017, 17:23 (Ref:3760597)   #3005
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
They could make it that Acura orange and it'd be a great contrast to the white number. Butttt they'll probably turn it red.
Old 20 Aug 2017, 17:45 (Ref:3760599)   #3006
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maybe the mandatory red will be gone for next year since there will be no other P classes to be confused by.
Old 20 Aug 2017, 18:00 (Ref:3760601)   #3007
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Maybe the mandatory red will be gone for next year since there will be no other P classes to be confused by.
I like the class colour plates. Gives it a sense of order. I don't think the windscreen banners and rear wing endplates are needed on the GT cars though. Number plate and colours only!
Old 20 Aug 2017, 18:31 (Ref:3760603)   #3008
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
It's clearly monotoned for the show car, they wouldn' allow monochromatic series logos.
Old 20 Aug 2017, 23:55 (Ref:3760634)   #3009
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
It's been gone all this year.
Old 21 Aug 2017, 05:38 (Ref:3760667)   #3010
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
It's been gone all this year.
Then why is it every dpi running a red number plate?
Old 21 Aug 2017, 12:58 (Ref:3760742)   #3011
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
It's clearly monotoned for the show car, they wouldn' allow monochromatic series logos.
Exactly my thought and when you 'de-monotone' the livery it turns out white and blue - much like the TLX cars they ran in PWC:

Not the greatest livery imo but I like the blue and the orange/red accents.
Old 21 Aug 2017, 15:04 (Ref:3760756)   #3012
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Then why is it every dpi running a red number plate?
I do believe it is the wing end plates and mirrors being red, that is being referred to, the colors in the 'number plates' or position lights will not be going away.

L.P.
Old 21 Aug 2017, 20:41 (Ref:3760808)   #3013
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I do believe it is the wing end plates and mirrors being red, that is being referred to, the colors in the 'number plates' or position lights will not be going away.

L.P.
I think if you look up to the top of the page, the conversation was about the number plate not being red. Nothing about wings or mirrors was mentioned.
Old 21 Aug 2017, 21:03 (Ref:3760812)   #3014
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I think if you look up to the top of the page, the conversation was about the number plate not being red. Nothing about wings or mirrors was mentioned.
Do you really think that Matt would state that 'It's been gone all this year' when referring to the red of the P class number plates? Pretty sure he has observed that the number plates have indeed been red all year. While the other mandatory red, wing end plates and mirrors, has been gone all year. Extrapolation of facts in hand...

L.P.
Old 21 Aug 2017, 23:15 (Ref:3760826)   #3015
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
It is interesting to note that in the presentation of the Acura the number had a silver background.
Does this have to do with the decorative marketing of the presentation or is it the new style 2018 of P class in IMSA?
I like silver for DPI/LMP2, Red in GTLM and Green in GTD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Quote:
Yes, it may be, perhaps a darker tone would be fine.
Quote:
They could make it that Acura orange and it'd be a great contrast to the white number. Butttt they'll probably turn it red.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I like the class colour plates. Gives it a sense of order. I don't think the windscreen banners and rear wing endplates are needed on the GT cars though. Number plate and colours only!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Do you really think that Matt would state that 'It's been gone all this year' when referring to the red of the P class number plates? Pretty sure he has observed that the number plates have indeed been red all year. While the other mandatory red, wing end plates and mirrors, has been gone all year. Extrapolation of facts in hand...

L.P.
Your posts are funny because you come off like you're so serious about something this trivial. I guess those quotes above weren't clue enough to think the conversation was about the red number plates to Matt.
Old 21 Aug 2017, 23:29 (Ref:3760829)   #3016
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Yeah, I totally thought y'all were talking about the mirrors/endplates.

Considering there hasn't been a totally free number plate color in any class in US sportscar racing since I can remember.

If you're gonna allow any color to be used for the number plate, then just go back to stylized numbers like Grand-Am had and IMSA used to have until the ALMS days.
Old 22 Aug 2017, 00:33 (Ref:3760835)   #3017
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Your posts are funny because you come off like you're so serious about something this trivial. I guess those quotes above weren't clue enough to think the conversation was about the red number plates to Matt.

And how often does a conversation change, drastically, if not totally, in the middle of a thread/page/conversation?

L.P.
Old 22 Aug 2017, 01:25 (Ref:3760843)   #3018
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Well, I've been watching old ALMS races before the color coded numbers/number plates/leader lights system. Most of the numbers on most of the cars weren't really stylized (seemed to be more of a team thing than a class thing). They were usually simple fonts and were usually black or very dark blue.

Trivia time: And it should be noted that the original IMSA color codes for numbers/leader lights was backgrounds of white (LMP900), orange (LMP675), yellow (GTS/GT1) and green (GT/GT2). Of course, that changed to numbers instead of backgrounds, with colors of red (LMP900/LMP1), blue (LMP675/LMP2), green (GTS/GT1) and orange (GT/GT2).

This of course corresponds to LMP1, LMP2, GTE-Pro and GTE-Am under current ACO regs, and DPI/LMP2, LMPC, GTLM and GTD under current IMSA rules.

And as LMP1 won't likely feature in IMSA's plans (not unless they want to speed DPIs up to LMP1 privateer levels), I don't see the problem. LMPC won't be a class next year, so that's less confusion (and let's face it, LMPC was a dying class anyways in IMSA for the Weathertech races).

The only issue I have with the current IMSA leader lights system is that it more often than not shows overall position. Unless a class other than DPI/LMP2 is racing for the overall podium or lead, I'd rather see the class position.
Old 22 Aug 2017, 14:58 (Ref:3760962)   #3019
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
IMSA leader lights show class position, not overall.

Every race I've been to since the merger has showed that as well, the entire time during Q and race.
Old 25 Aug 2017, 14:43 (Ref:3761540)   #3020
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
The Acura ARX-05 DPi has completed two days of successful testing this week at Road Atlanta, Juan Pablo Montoya was at the wheel of the ARX-05 throughout the two-day test.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...d-atlanta.html
Old 26 Aug 2017, 01:01 (Ref:3761624)   #3021
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The Acura ARX-05 DPi has completed two days of successful testing this week at Road Atlanta, Juan Pablo Montoya was at the wheel of the ARX-05 throughout the two-day test.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...d-atlanta.html
Interesting iteration of the car there. Was that car missing headlights?
Old 26 Aug 2017, 02:16 (Ref:3761643)   #3022
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Looks like it. And in the write up they say that they had to stop during the eclipse because it got a little dark.
Old 26 Aug 2017, 02:56 (Ref:3761655)   #3023
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Looks like the same car from the Paul Ricard video a couple of weeks ago, minus the camo ...

L.P.
Old 28 Aug 2017, 00:14 (Ref:3762185)   #3024
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bare carbon does not look good with that front end.
Old 18 Sep 2017, 17:20 (Ref:3768340)   #3025
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
New turbo cooling duct on the Mazda it wold seem.

L.P.