Closed Thread

Old 28 Jul 2003, 05:56 (Ref:672949)   #1
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 is on fire !!!

"That's the crazy thing. He doesn't mind crashing with his team-mate but does with his brother."

http://www.itv-f1.com/news/news_story/16785
Old 28 Jul 2003, 06:46 (Ref:672962)   #2
bingman
Racer

bingman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote JPM (ITV):
"We don't have anything in common. If he sat across the table from me, I wouldn't know what to talk about."
end quote

how bout- "where can i get me hands on some nude prints of ya wife?"
Old 28 Jul 2003, 07:26 (Ref:672992)   #3
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All this presupposes that Ralf will be ahead with any regularity in future races this season. I think JPM is actually saying that the gloves are off and you'll be breathing my dust for quite a while...

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 28 Jul 2003, 08:02 (Ref:673024)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ITV quoting News of the World. Wonderful!
Old 28 Jul 2003, 09:07 (Ref:673073)   #5
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Considering Williams' long standing and recently re-iterated stance on the value of the Constructor's Cchampionship (which they hold higher than WDC), surely any further childish behaviour from Ralf is going to be severely frowned upon? Montoya is talking about occassions where Ralf has preferred to spoil the race for whole team just to defend his own track position - now that is prettty unprofessional stuff, and I wouldn't be standing for it if I were in charge.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 11:14 (Ref:673152)   #6
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
People, please be advised that any further conversation about Mrs. Schumacher is going into libleous ground.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 11:17 (Ref:673153)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
can you keep the discussion to F1, please
Old 28 Jul 2003, 12:43 (Ref:673225)   #8
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's interesting how Montoya begins talking 'smack' as soon as Ralf starts showing he's worth more. Do I smell a hint of indignation on Montoya's part...

I don't know...Montoya's a great driver and all...but his whining in that article make Villeneuve look like a quiet one. I'd rather see him do his talking on the track...if he can .

Last edited by Jay; 28 Jul 2003 at 12:44.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 28 Jul 2003, 12:53 (Ref:673243)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Montoya re-opened the war of words. So Montoya picked up the phone and dialled News of the World then? Such a badly written article too,
Quote:
Although team orders are now banned, it is against the rules for a team to ask one driver to move aside mid-race should their two runners be on different pit strategies.
:confused: Thanks for the insight!

However this story is better than
Jenson's girl graduates to Fame Academy

Last edited by Adam43; 28 Jul 2003 at 13:02.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 13:13 (Ref:673272)   #10
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yEah I saw that one about JBs chick - they said he "looked embarrassed" haha
Old 28 Jul 2003, 14:23 (Ref:673350)   #11
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The article is wrong anyway - it is perfecty LEGAL to ask a team-mate to move over to resolve different strategies. Montoya has a legitimte point, in that it is stupid for Ralf to be screwing up the team's chances of better points by holding up the quicker car that (for example) is two stopping when he is one - or whatever the example might be.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 14:39 (Ref:673364)   #12
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JPM and Ralf never were bound to be friends.
This is no surprise-as JPM is an absolute Track animal and drives harder than most, ralf is more calculating and do you think he would let an upstart teammate show him bad? never, and the not ruffing up his brother, of course not, I don't mine bumping my car into my brother if it is us, last lap and we are going for it, but not in the race, he might be another driver but he is my brother, and I'd have to live with it forever, wait until the final lap...
I am sure The schumachers respect each other the same way
Old 28 Jul 2003, 14:45 (Ref:673367)   #13
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only sure oint is the following: this situation is a big favour to MS and Kimi, for the WDC
Old 28 Jul 2003, 14:57 (Ref:673383)   #14
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think thats why JPM might be replaced because there is no doubt he is good on the track but you have to get along with your team mate if you want to develop a car .Coming out in the press and critising your team mate certainly dosent help strenghten the relationship between the two. Both Ralf and JPM are good on the race track but when it comes to setups etc. and devloping the car Ralf is better and i think thats why Williams prefer to keep Ralf.

However we still dont know if JPM is leaving Williams or not.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 14:58 (Ref:673384)   #15
ringo
Racer

ringo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it would be real cool if JPM had a brother. that would make some good racing...
Old 28 Jul 2003, 15:01 (Ref:673385)   #16
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Great, so that seat at Williams for Fisi is looking better and better.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 15:30 (Ref:673408)   #17
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To tell the truth, I'd like Fisi-Pablo at Williams, and Schu-Alonso at Renault. Ralf's been getting faster and so too Renault. Dreaming, but ey, who doesn't?
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 17:40 (Ref:673512)   #18
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like a low rate rag filling some colomn inches during a slow news day to me. Anyone that cares enough to notice would see that Ralf and Juan Pablo seem to be getting on a lot better than they have before at the moment.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 17:43 (Ref:673514)   #19
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
I think thats why JPM might be replaced because there is no doubt he is good on the track but you have to get along with your team mate if you want to develop a car .Coming out in the press and critising your team mate certainly dosent help strenghten the relationship between the two...
Yeah, perhaps if Prost and Senna had been the best of friends at Mclaren they wouldn't have been so slow .
Old 28 Jul 2003, 17:47 (Ref:673519)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good point.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 19:20 (Ref:673617)   #21
Gore
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Gore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strange that this comes up again two years later. Makes me wonder if he's getting rattled by Ralf's recent pace.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 19:30 (Ref:673629)   #22
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds like old news to me, nothing in recent races would give any reason for that article to be written. In fact there;'s no mention of the last few races!
Old 28 Jul 2003, 20:16 (Ref:673669)   #23
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Well, F1-racing.net has also picked up this story. If Monty really did say this, then maybe he's already signed with Mac for next year.

Forza Giancarlo!
Old 28 Jul 2003, 21:27 (Ref:673712)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
People, please be advised that any further conversation about Mrs. Schumacher is going into libleous ground.
After several new additions that go against what EERO advised here and also went, shall we say, off topic. I've removed the posts that refered to Schumacher's better half. Sorry guys!

http://tentenths.com/forum/misc.php?...ge=1#behaviour
Old 28 Jul 2003, 23:51 (Ref:673783)   #25
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
Looks like a low rate rag filling some colomn inches during a slow news day to me. Anyone that cares enough to notice would see that Ralf and Juan Pablo seem to be getting on a lot better than they have before at the moment.
Thankyou Damon. I was wondering when someone would state the obvious.