Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 11 Nov 2019, 09:50 (Ref:3939909)   #51
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBinfield View Post
Shame (current owners excepted) about how high the values have soared in recent years, even in the relatively short period that I have been involved in the sport.

That said, I am reminded that the problem of “not fitting in the car” does prevent me from ever racing some of the more competitive models anyway!

I could not now afford to buy any of the cars I raced in the previous 30 years (with the exception of the most recent, the much-loved Camaro, and possibly the 1965 Alfa 2600 Sprint coupe).

Is this progress ?
Nick
Old 11 Nov 2019, 11:42 (Ref:3939933)   #52
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
For those really interested in, you can have a special entry fee at 2 Tours d'Horloge, 6/8th of November 2020, Paul Ricard, to be sent before 25th of December. More info: https://vdev.fr/les2toursdhorloge/
Old 13 Nov 2019, 11:30 (Ref:3940360)   #53
SamBinfield
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ludwigsburg, DE
SamBinfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Funny, I was going to add ‘if you can fit in one’...... Presume you’re OK in your FF?
Just about! The Titan was ok, always struggled with the brakes as with the top-hinged pedal arrangement my toes were already inline with the pushrods!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Our lad Richard Bradley is no jockey .
My main problem is an argument between my knees and the crossmembers
Old 14 Nov 2019, 17:09 (Ref:3940605)   #54
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Back to race dates and I have had email from Masters and F2 saying we have to wait for final calendar until next week .
Old 14 Nov 2019, 18:45 (Ref:3940616)   #55
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Yup, Masters bit late to the party......
Old 15 Nov 2019, 14:39 (Ref:3940760)   #56
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBinfield View Post
Shame (current owners excepted) about how high the values have soared in recent years, even in the relatively short period that I have been involved in the sport.

That said, I am reminded that the problem of “not fitting in the car” does prevent me from ever racing some of the more competitive models anyway!

It is true that some front running Juniors are hugely expensive now,
especially the Lotus 22 and the Brabham BT2 / BT6, going for 150.000 pounds or more

Also some Front engined Juniors, especially the rare and the quick ones, command big money, six figures in many cases Mainly because they offer the chance to shine at Goodwood every 3 or 4 years.

Buuuuut, the rear engined drum braked Juniors, that also get their race at Goodies every 3 or 4 years cost a fraction.
You can still get some of these for 40.000 pounds give or take.
Yes, of course, 40.000 pounds is a lot of money, but really cheap im comparison to a Lotus 22 or a Lola Mk. 2
Which - if anything - shows the lack of imagination by some, who just need to have THAT frontrunning car

RuE

Last edited by Rudernst; 15 Nov 2019 at 15:02.
Old 16 Nov 2019, 06:51 (Ref:3940879)   #57
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Let’s hope the organisers can negotiate a date back to mid October for next year. Weekend after Estoril would be neat......
Algarve Classic Festival 2020- Sounds like the above wish is not going to happen, as the ELMS race has now moved to the 16-18th Oct 2020 from the following one. So at a guess the CF will be 23-25th......

Last edited by Mike Bell; 17 Nov 2019 at 07:49.
Old 16 Nov 2019, 08:29 (Ref:3940891)   #58
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
French Formula Ford Championship 2020 dates show the following:

Estoril Classic 9/10/11 October.

Algarve Classic 30/31 October, 1 November.

Nice long break in the sun for Mike after Dijon.
Old 16 Nov 2019, 11:16 (Ref:3940905)   #59
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry Eamonn but I guess your 2020 calendar is more up to date than mine. Because this is not the relevant thread it will be easy to correct me Mike, so do feel free, bearing in mind that Challenge Formula Ford Historic France has been attracting many English competitors for a long while. What I had in mind:
17/19 April, Albi; 8/10 May Dijon; 30/31 May, Pau ville; 18/21 June, Charade, 31 July/ 2 August, Spa; 11/13 September, Nogaro; 25/27 September Val de Vienne; 16/18 October, Hockenheim.
For the record, three different classes: période GR: 67 to 71; période HR: 72 to 76; période IR: 77 to 81.
http://www.formula-ford-historic.fr

We have another series involving HFF's, called Trophée Ford Kent-Zetec, sometimes both calendars differ: https://www.formulaford1600.fr
Old 16 Nov 2019, 11:38 (Ref:3940907)   #60
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by eamonn ledwidge View Post
French Formula Ford Championship 2020 dates show the following:

Estoril Classic 9/10/11 October.

Algarve Classic 30/31 October, 1 November.

Nice long break in the sun for Mike after Dijon.
Looking carefully at that calendar the last four dates seem to be ‘OU’ / ‘OR’ suggesting they’re thinking of one of the four, but the date shown for Algarve is of concern.......
Old 16 Nov 2019, 12:01 (Ref:3940910)   #61
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Making more searches just found this calendar to be the official one so far. Could add that during Spa Youngtimers Festival and Hockenheim DMV Preis the French grids will join German FFR.
Pau Ville, Spa and Hockenheim won't count for the French championship.

Did you find a reference to Estoril and Portimao?
Old 16 Nov 2019, 12:27 (Ref:3940917)   #62
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Did you find a reference to Estoril and Portimao?
Yes.
Old 16 Nov 2019, 21:50 (Ref:3940992)   #63
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just thought I'd mention that the CSCC are planning on announcing a new series on the 22nd of November.

Also the Open Series will now run with the Jaguar Series in the format of 2 20 minute races

As those races are now off limits for Mag 7 cars they will now get a second race at meetings. Length unknown but probably 20 mins as before when they had 2 races I think
Old 17 Nov 2019, 13:05 (Ref:3941101)   #64
SJWBallistic
Rookie

SJWBallistic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 500 Owners Association announced their 2020 calendar at their AGM yesterday:
18th/19th April Silverstone (2 races)
9th May Wiscombe Park (this is the club's annual hillclimb and will count towards the circuit championship in 2020)
30th May Oulton Park
14th June Mallory Park (2 races)
6th/7th July Croix en ternois (2 races - seeking clarification of the dates as these appear incorrect)
4th-6th September Zandvoort HGP (2 races)
4th October Castle Combe

Best 8 of 11 events to count towards the championship

There may also be a special announcement of another event in the near future
Stuart Wright
Old 17 Nov 2019, 13:38 (Ref:3941105)   #65
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJWBallistic View Post
The 500 Owners Association announced their 2020 calendar at their AGM yesterday:
18th/19th April Silverstone (2 races)
9th May Wiscombe Park (this is the club's annual hillclimb and will count towards the circuit championship in 2020)
30th May Oulton Park
14th June Mallory Park (2 races)
6th/7th July Croix en ternois (2 races - seeking clarification of the dates as these appear incorrect)
4th-6th September Zandvoort HGP (2 races)
4th October Castle Combe

Best 8 of 11 events to count towards the championship

There may also be a special announcement of another event in the near future
Stuart Wright
Great to see you are coming back to Croix, whatever the date!
Old 17 Nov 2019, 13:52 (Ref:3941108)   #66
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
John is right, come and enjoy it! You're right to wait for the Croix en Ternois dates TBC, for instance Le Mans Classic is 2/3/4/5 th of July while 6 and 7th are Monday and Tuesday at least in France. You're much welcome any day!

Last edited by Gerard C; 17 Nov 2019 at 13:58.
Old 17 Nov 2019, 19:22 (Ref:3941212)   #67
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see the 500cc Formula Threes back at Castle Combe . They always add a lovely period feel to the Autumn Classic .
Old 17 Nov 2019, 19:33 (Ref:3941219)   #68
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
That’s a great calendet Stuart .
Old 17 Nov 2019, 22:18 (Ref:3941254)   #69
blinkybm
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne
blinkybm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2020 Historic Race dates and Club calendar thread

Has anyone heard any whispers about the MRL series - specifically HTCC? I'm assuming they'll do Donington Historic, Silverstone Classic and Spa 6 hour but the events in between are unknown...

Last edited by blinkybm; 17 Nov 2019 at 22:26.
Old 18 Nov 2019, 05:43 (Ref:3941313)   #70
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Nothing yet.
Old 18 Nov 2019, 11:02 (Ref:3941369)   #71
SJWBallistic
Rookie

SJWBallistic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
500cc F3 dates for Croix have been confirmed as
4th/5th July
Same weekend as Le Mans Classic

Stuart
Old 18 Nov 2019, 12:43 (Ref:3941391)   #72
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MRL tend to be a bit later than most - their 2018 calendar was announced in December 2017 while the 2019 season wasn't announced until early this year , possibly due to the fact that they had taken on the Pre '63 GTs and the U2TC series.
Old 18 Nov 2019, 16:39 (Ref:3941453)   #73
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJWBallistic View Post
500cc F3 dates for Croix have been confirmed as 4th/5th July Same weekend as Le Mans Classic Stuart
If my understanding is good, seems the French batch is very much excited to join you at Silverstone, Croix and Zandvoort. It will be the year one for the Trophée des Racers. ATM at least 10 cars with two Cooper's. From the dedicated website, https://www.racerclubdefrance.com I seem to understand its not easy to have those wonderful cars accepted here.
Old 19 Nov 2019, 10:16 (Ref:3941590)   #74
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Maybe an announcenent coming on Thruxton's historic plans this week. Hope the Celebration meeting returns but on a more 'user friendly' date?
Old 19 Nov 2019, 12:04 (Ref:3941604)   #75
SamBinfield
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ludwigsburg, DE
SamBinfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully I didn’t miss it earlier in the thread, but the Masters calendar is announced. Excerpt from the press release below:

”The full 2020 Masters European calendar is as follows:
24 March - Masters Test Day, Brands Hatch Indy, UK
17/19 April - Portugal Historic Racing Weekend, Portimão, Portugal
8/10 May - Monza Four Hours (MEL only), Monza, Italy
23/24 May - Masters Historic Festival, Brands Hatch, UK
27/28 June - Masters Historic Race Weekend, Donington Park, UK
17/19 July - Paul Ricard Four Hours (MEL only), Paul Ricard, France
31 July/2 August - Silverstone Classic, Silverstone, UK
22/23 August - Historic Grand Prix, Zolder, Belgium
4/6 September - Historic Grand Prix, Zandvoort, Holland
25/27 September - Spa Six Hours, Spa, Belgium”
Closed Thread