Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Nov 2019, 09:39 (Ref:3940135)   #226
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Re 209, Here are a couple of attempts. Age, Vauxhall A Velox , Frazer Nash Super Sport 1929, Talbot 105 1932,
Arnott 1952, Scarab 1960, Morgan 1974.

Engine size, Arnott, Frazer Nash, Scarab,Vauxhall Velox, Talbot, Morgan

RBS is right about his first answer, but not quite on his second*

Plenty still to play for, any ideas on the third sequence?
Old 12 Nov 2019, 11:25 (Ref:3940146)   #227
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Dont worry rbs, the Minor sequence is mine! And it gives: aaah, oooh, naaah, eaaasy, phew… was just!

Third sequence, number of cylinders? John Ruston ownership?

Last edited by Gerard C; 12 Nov 2019 at 11:47.
Old 12 Nov 2019, 14:31 (Ref:3940173)   #228
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great thread, what a fabulous collection of photographs you have, well done Bob. I haven't a clue about the identities of most but nevertheless very impressive and a delight to scroll through here.
Old 12 Nov 2019, 15:23 (Ref:3940179)   #229
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Great thread, what a fabulous collection of photographs you have, well done Bob. I haven't a clue about the identities of most but nevertheless very impressive and a delight to scroll through here.
Apart from one that says Lotus on the side I have no idea what these things are
but in a spirit of friendship I post some more modern cars in the hope that you may recognise them. I like to make people happy you know.
Attached Thumbnails
Mod 1.JPG   Mod 2.JPG   Mod 4.JPG  

Mod 5.JPG   Mod 6.JPG   Mod.JPG  

Old 12 Nov 2019, 15:58 (Ref:3940188)   #230
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
My thoughts exactly
Old 12 Nov 2019, 19:18 (Ref:3940228)   #231
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
My thoughts exactly
Thank you both, it is nice to know the pics are appreciated. As I have said before I have thousands taken over the last 12 years, and very few have ever seen the light of day, so being able to display at least a sample to the cognoscenti is rewarding, and I might be able to take requests if there is something anyone is missing out on.
Attached Thumbnails
Revival 2007 c 058.JPG   BDC 0612.JPG   IMG_0679.JPG  

IMG_1894.JPG   IMG_5120.jpg   IMG_5231.jpg  

Old 12 Nov 2019, 19:37 (Ref:3940234)   #232
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Amilcar CGSS, please ! Une 402 Darl'Mat peut être, c'est bientôt Noël…

Last edited by Gerard C; 12 Nov 2019 at 19:45.
Old 12 Nov 2019, 20:21 (Ref:3940247)   #233
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Love the tail shot of the Delahaye 135 and also the McDowell Sprint Car but what on earth is number 170 ?!
Old 12 Nov 2019, 20:35 (Ref:3940248)   #234
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You can not shout the answers out here!

If I told you about 170 I would be barred from here. You will have to do what I do ask my wife she knows everything!
Old 12 Nov 2019, 21:13 (Ref:3940256)   #235
bauble
Veteran

England
Go for it RB it is NOT a competition.

Can't a chap just show off a few of his photos here?
Old 13 Nov 2019, 00:09 (Ref:3940279)   #236
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is it a Bentley Special? The photo is labelled BDC. The wheels look like a modern Bentley.

That's all I can think of.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 13 Nov 2019, 08:10 (Ref:3940325)   #237
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

L-G Sjöberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Formula Juniors in post 229: Sauter, Gemini, Lotus, Crosslé, Elva, Lola
Old 13 Nov 2019, 08:54 (Ref:3940331)   #238
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-G Sjöberg View Post
The Formula Juniors in post 229: Sauter, Gemini, Lotus, Crosslé, Elva, Lola
I'd say well dome, but can only assume you know what you are talking about, because I don't.

Seriously. Well done, I do have more so you may have another chance to display your know how.

Cheers,
Bob
Old 13 Nov 2019, 09:08 (Ref:3940333)   #239
bauble
Veteran

England
I had better reveal the answers to my 'three sequence' puzzle;
As RBS pointed out one is the engine capacity of the cars shown, he did, however, get the sequence wrong.

Arnott, 500cc, Frazer Nash 1500cc, Scarab, 2500cc, Talbot 3000cc, Morgan 3500cc, Vauxhall 4000cc.

Second sequence; Age. Vauxhall 1900's, Frazer Nash 1920's, Talbot 1930's,
Arnott 1950's, Scarab, 1960's, Morgan 1970's.

Third Sequence;

Here I can gloat, as you all may, our good friend RBS usually knows all the answers, he loves a good quiz. As you may have gathered from my Marshals post RB is a senior marshal at Silverstone, a man of much experience, so it gives me great pleasure to advise him that the final sequence has nothing at all to do with the cars but is a lap of the Silverstone Club Circuit, the most widely used of al the layouts.

The Morgan, Start/finish straight. The Vauxhall, Copse Corner, The Scarab, Becketts, The Frazer Nash, Brooklands. The Talbot, Luffield 1. The Arnott, Luffield 2.

So simple it makes you want to cry, eat your heart out RB
Old 13 Nov 2019, 09:17 (Ref:3940336)   #240
bauble
Veteran

England
A few to demonstrate my 'panning' skills. From the 2016, VSCC Spring Start meeting.Can you spot our fellow Historic poster?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0370.JPG   IMG_0362.JPG   IMG_0357.jpg  

IMG_0368.jpg   IMG_0359.JPG   IMG_0364.JPG  

Old 14 Nov 2019, 07:42 (Ref:3940526)   #241
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Can you spot our fellow Historic poster? No!
Old 14 Nov 2019, 15:16 (Ref:3940582)   #242
bauble
Veteran

England
A daily half dozen; RB can tell us what they are.
Attached Thumbnails
Nov14.JPG   Nov14a.JPG   Nov14b.JPG  

Nov14c.JPG   Nov14d.JPG   Nov14e.JPG  

Old 14 Nov 2019, 16:51 (Ref:3940601)   #243
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Well, pic #1 is the original Triumph chassis’d SLR, in its period ‘modsports’ configuration (wide wheels and flared arches). Now returned to original spec in order to obtain FiA papers......
Old 14 Nov 2019, 17:13 (Ref:3940606)   #244
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Well, pic #1 is the original Triumph chassis’d SLR, in its period ‘modsports’ configuration (wide wheels and flared arches). Now returned to original spec in order to obtain FiA papers......
And the legend; I A N A B M on the side window!
Old 14 Nov 2019, 18:44 (Ref:3940615)   #245
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
And the legend; I A N A B M on the side window!
I’d forgotten about that! For anyone wondering, it stands for ‘I am not a bloody Morgan’, from memory......
Old 14 Nov 2019, 20:56 (Ref:3940639)   #246
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And the red car in the last pic is an Alfa (if the name on the grille is a clue!)
Old 14 Nov 2019, 22:04 (Ref:3940654)   #247
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
And the red car in the last pic is an Alfa (if the name on the grille is a clue!)
And one is a Jaguar, but I will not tell you which one!
Old 14 Nov 2019, 22:19 (Ref:3940656)   #248
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Picture 2 is a Ferrari 555,, 3is a Tojeiro Bristol,, the green car in 6 is an Alta. Got to think about 5 though.
Old 14 Nov 2019, 22:22 (Ref:3940658)   #249
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
And one is a Jaguar, but I will not tell you which one!

Is it a Silver one?
Old 15 Nov 2019, 01:22 (Ref:3940673)   #250
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Is it a Silver one?
I can't remember.