Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Closed Thread

Old 19 Mar 2011, 23:22 (Ref:2849673)   #51
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eizox View Post
with the allocation of points for ILMC competitors is it in order of finish including the members of the same class that arent ILMC or just in order of ILMC competitors?
It is explained in the pdf I pointed out earlier:
Quote:
The points awarded will be determined according to the results of the category in the event all entrants combined in the category whether or not they are entered in the ILMC.
Old 19 Mar 2011, 23:26 (Ref:2849678)   #52
eizox
Rookie

England
Somerset, England
eizox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks i didnt really have time to scan through as im at work
Old 20 Mar 2011, 00:09 (Ref:2849711)   #53
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
As it is now dark, are the headlights set as at full beam and can dazzle the cars in front of it, or are they set at dipped beam?
Old 20 Mar 2011, 00:28 (Ref:2849724)   #54
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
As it is now dark, are the headlights set as at full beam and can dazzle the cars in front of it, or are they set at dipped beam?
Utterly dazzling!
Old 20 Mar 2011, 01:09 (Ref:2849753)   #55
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any idea what happened to the Rebellion Lola? It was racing with the Oak Pescarolos at the beginning of the race, but had then dropped back 4 laps by the 5 hour mark. They've received no coverage on the video stream, so I assume it was a problem rather than lackluster pace.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 01:26 (Ref:2849767)   #56
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Taylor View Post
Any idea what happened to the Rebellion Lola? It was racing with the Oak Pescarolos at the beginning of the race, but had then dropped back 4 laps by the 5 hour mark. They've received no coverage on the video stream, so I assume it was a problem rather than lackluster pace.
Bad luck with Safety Cars (three times) and a single stop for an "oddly handling" set of tyres" Other than that no issues
Old 20 Mar 2011, 01:29 (Ref:2849769)   #57
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Just curious to know if you know what happened to the Larbre Competition Corvette?
Old 20 Mar 2011, 01:30 (Ref:2849770)   #58
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Just curious to know if you know what happened to the Larbre Competition Corvette?
I already responded to that in the other thread, then engine went up.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 01:36 (Ref:2849776)   #59
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
I already responded to that in the other thread, then engine went up.
Now I see it. Thanks. For some reason I missed seeing your reply in the other thread. Cheers.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 01:38 (Ref:2849778)   #60
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Has the MZR ever lasted this long in competition? I don't think they have in the states, but don't recall if the Oak car made much further at lemans 2 years ago.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 02:06 (Ref:2849797)   #61
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Has the MZR ever lasted this long in competition? I don't think they have in the states, but don't recall if the Oak car made much further at lemans 2 years ago.
The KSM car almost made it to the end of Le Mans with the MZR a few years back
Old 20 Mar 2011, 02:11 (Ref:2849802)   #62
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
The KSM car almost made it to the end of Le Mans with the MZR a few years back
Thanks Graham, I thought there may have been one at lemans a few years ago. So this might be the 2nd best MZR effort....must be the G-oil!
Old 20 Mar 2011, 02:22 (Ref:2849816)   #63
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
One of the Oak Pescarolos made it to the finish at Le Mans 2009, albeit very smokily towards the end. That was the same race where the Kruse Lola caught fire with an hour to go.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 02:56 (Ref:2849847)   #64
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
One of the Oak Pescarolos made it to the finish at Le Mans 2009, albeit very smokily towards the end. That was the same race where the Kruse Lola caught fire with an hour to go.
Ta for that Joe - I knew the KSM car had almost got there off the top of may head but needed to check others - and then the battle at the end of the race here happened!

A great race - and a great win by one of THE gentlemen of the sport
Old 20 Mar 2011, 11:02 (Ref:2849986)   #65
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
A great race - and a great win by one of THE gentlemen of the sport
You said it!
Old 20 Mar 2011, 11:02 (Ref:2849987)   #66
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
On behalf of all of us at 10Tenths, I'd just like to express our gratitude to Graham and Marcel for taking this thread on. A very worthwhile exercise, in my opinion, which added an extra dimension to the coverage.

Thank you very much gentlemen!
Old 20 Mar 2011, 12:04 (Ref:2850009)   #67
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ten Tenth and DSC rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
On behalf of all of us at 10Tenths, I'd just like to express our gratitude to Graham and Marcel for taking this thread on. A very worthwhile exercise, in my opinion, which added an extra dimension to the coverage.

Thank you very much gentlemen!
Yes. I couldn't say it better. It was a wonderfull experience, of a totally new level for an internet forum. When you think twice about it, what a luxury! We had our own expert reporters on site, and they did a pretty good job, being very active at the track, yet staying available to answear our questions very quickly!

AWSOME. Thank you very much! (and looking forward to the same for the next races)
Old 20 Mar 2011, 12:45 (Ref:2850028)   #68
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
My thanks too, to the new DSC team. Even if I completely missed it happening at the time...

Sadly, I was watching Wales losing in the Rugby.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 23:34 (Ref:2850305)   #69
Thumper
Racer

Thumper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
. . . but that MZR and the current unit are very different kettles, are they not? I thought they'd virtually started the project all over again, from scratch, with very little carry-over?

Can I also congratulate Graham and everyone else at DSC (including the snappers) for excellent coverage this year. Looking forward to seeing some more galleries.
Old 21 Mar 2011, 08:30 (Ref:2850428)   #70
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
It is different. Points are given for overall classification, regardless of ILMC competitor or not.

For example a Peugeot - Highcroft - Oreca finish.

- Highcroft is not an ILMC entrant and does not score points.
- Oreca is but gets the points for third place and not for second.
If Honda decided to throw some money at Highcroft as suggested in DSC's round up could they now enter ILMC and if so would this result count for the championship?
Old 21 Mar 2011, 08:57 (Ref:2850436)   #71
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The answer is in the ILMC sporting regulations: http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...egulations.pdf
Quote:
5.1 – Registration forms: entrants and manufacturers
Only the original documents of the registration form (with all documents requested) should be sent by Wednesday 19th January (midnight) at the latest (the postal date is proof) to the following address:
That date has passed, so they are too late.
Old 21 Mar 2011, 12:19 (Ref:2850530)   #72
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have one question that i like to do:

Is There any development´s on the new LOTUS LMP 2?
Old 21 Mar 2011, 20:07 (Ref:2850768)   #73
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
I have one question that i like to do:

Is There any development´s on the new LOTUS LMP 2?
Nothing more to report from me since our update in January which indicated things were going to plan
Old 21 Mar 2011, 23:28 (Ref:2850877)   #74
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
This has been a very interesting concept, in my opinion. Perhaps there will be an opportunity to do it again at some point in the future.

Race over: THREAD CLOSED
Closed Thread