Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 6 Jan 2019, 13:15 (Ref:3874274)   #1
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Drink January Mini meet

Ian has posted this on the what do we talk about thread but i think it demands it's own one.

As many of you may be aware early January involved Snooker and London and an annual visit by @vincegail, which provides a nice opportunity for some of us to catch up, have a few beers, and set the world of sportscars to rights while enjoying some of the city's highlights. Think the traditional Saturday at Le Mans meet with less cheese and more time and you'll probably get the idea.

This year we're looking at doing this next Saturday (12 January) and plan on meeting in the Tower Bridge area (suggesting the Draft House at Tower Bridge) at about 1300, then visiting a few of the breweries in the Bermondsey area, before heading to Whitechapel to round the day off (probably in the White Hart).

As like minded folk any of the regular readers of this forum would be more than welcome to come along. If you can make it to the jumping off point great, there'll probably be familiar faces and people possibly sporting sportscar clothing so we should be easy to spot. Alternatively DM me and I can add you to the WhatsApp group we have for it. It's the sort of day where people are welcome to drop in and out as we amble around various locations and we'd be delighted to see people there as we cope with the long fallow season that's only sort of broken by Daytona.
Old 6 Jan 2019, 13:19 (Ref:3874275)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Obviously I will be there, previous years have attracted a reasonable sized group and have provided much needed support to brewers and the pub trade during "Dry January" but you are welcome to abstain from Alcohol and just talk sportscar racing.
Old 6 Jan 2019, 14:41 (Ref:3874287)   #3
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Previous years I travelled down saturday morning after late friday evening or even night shifts, but now I will arrive friday afternoon, so I'll be rested instead of knackered from the word GO.
Looking forward to meeting you again!
Old 8 Jan 2019, 10:53 (Ref:3874693)   #4
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds good, but it's my wife's birthday and so I'd be massively in the dog house if I went awol for a few beers.. enjoy! Looking forward to June already!
Old 8 Jan 2019, 12:14 (Ref:3874717)   #5
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eps View Post
Sounds good, but it's my wife's birthday and so I'd be massively in the dog house if I went awol for a few beers.. enjoy! Looking forward to June already!
You could treat her to a trip to London as a Birthday present.
Old 8 Jan 2019, 13:32 (Ref:3874728)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
You could treat her to a trip to London as a Birthday present.
Sounds like a perfect idea, you give her your credit card and then come and have a drink with us, what could go wrong?
Old 8 Jan 2019, 14:31 (Ref:3874731)   #7
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
See you there!
Old 12 Jan 2019, 10:29 (Ref:3875676)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
About to leave for london sdee you all there
Old 13 Jan 2019, 10:41 (Ref:3875876)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I think that went well, 8 of us meet up and talked about le mans and other things.
A few beers were drunk and some food and then home, Ian a course sorted of interesting places to visit and i think we had a great time.
Old 14 Jan 2019, 11:26 (Ref:3876082)   #10
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well organised as always.