Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 22 Jan 2019, 15:08 (Ref:3877708)   #1051
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would seem a no brainer, free advertising..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 22 Jan 2019, 15:09 (Ref:3877710)   #1052
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, was referring to the Cisneros allowing momo livery..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 22 Jan 2019, 16:43 (Ref:3877734)   #1053
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
And Bob Sharp Racing and BRE racing.

jimclark
Old 24 Jan 2019, 13:58 (Ref:3878222)   #1054
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
The Wednesday Sportsar365 notebook hints at an LMP2 car in IMSA later in the year from an existing team. Just my guess here: Could be the Shank car they want to run at Le Mans. Maybe they can get De Silvestro, Nielsen, and or Beatriz to drive it?
Old 24 Jan 2019, 14:44 (Ref:3878236)   #1055
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does he have an LMP2 car to run? It sounds like they will be teaming with a Europe based team for the LM project, although not sure if that means using their car or just team support.

I was trying to think of any other team with a car who might run/enter a second but that's as good a guess as any honestly.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 16:18 (Ref:3878264)   #1056
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Does he have an LMP2 car to run? It sounds like they will be teaming with a Europe based team for the LM project, although not sure if that means using their car or just team support.

I was trying to think of any other team with a car who might run/enter a second but that's as good a guess as any honestly.
lots of second hand Orecas laying around. JDC has a couple and so does Core.
Old 28 Jan 2019, 14:00 (Ref:3880172)   #1057
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Anybody know or care to speculate changes of the entry from Daytona to Sebring? I can't imagine there are any additions, who might not be at the next race?
Old 28 Jan 2019, 15:28 (Ref:3880202)   #1058
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Anybody know or care to speculate changes of the entry from Daytona to Sebring? I can't imagine there are any additions, who might not be at the next race?
I believe I heard Paul Dalla Lana say they may not contest the 12 hrs race due to their WEC commitment. That would be partially contingent upon their results at Daytona, which were....

Outside of that, I know very little. Well, maybe including that...
Old 28 Jan 2019, 16:19 (Ref:3880217)   #1059
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Ebi Motors Lambo, Grasser Lambo, The Hulberth (NGT) Porsche.

Those three for sure I know were Daytona only entries.

I am not sure about Black Swan, Risi, WRT, Spirit of Race, Via Italia, and Land Motorsport making the full season effort, or just the NAEC.
Old 28 Jan 2019, 18:07 (Ref:3880240)   #1060
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dragonspeed was either Daytona-only or Daytona/Sebring-only

Risi was Daytona-only, per someone on NBC IIRC
Old 28 Jan 2019, 18:36 (Ref:3880249)   #1061
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Dragonspeed was either Daytona-only or Daytona/Sebring-only

Risi was Daytona-only, per someone on NBC IIRC
Think Risi is the usual, we're here at Daytona and the rest depends on the cash flow. Wouldn't be surprised to see them either way honestly.
Old 28 Jan 2019, 19:51 (Ref:3880266)   #1062
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Think Risi is the usual, we're here at Daytona and the rest depends on the cash flow. Wouldn't be surprised to see them either way honestly.
I was hoping to see Risi come away with the win to make the impetus for continuing the program even stronger. Second is good, but sometimes that single place makes all the difference in securing funding. Plus I don't think they would be able to maintain their drivers since they have WEC commitments.
Old 28 Jan 2019, 20:17 (Ref:3880271)   #1063
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Ebi Motors Lambo, Grasser Lambo, The Hulberth (NGT) Porsche.

Those three for sure I know were Daytona only entries.

I am not sure about Black Swan, Risi, WRT, Spirit of Race, Via Italia, and Land Motorsport making the full season effort, or just the NAEC.
Thank you for the replies. I think Grasser is in for Sebring by the way. The rest mentioned by you and the other posts are for sure up for speculation.
Old 29 Jan 2019, 15:25 (Ref:3880443)   #1064
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
After their Rolex results, I'd fully expect DragonSpeed (P2, one car) and Risi (GTLM) to be at Sebring. Grasser would make sense as well.

Black Swan and Land have confirmed NAEC campaigns a while ago already so they'll be there also.

So 47 -/- 6 = 41?
Old 29 Jan 2019, 15:44 (Ref:3880446)   #1065
tjh8402
Rookie

United States
Orlando, Fl
tjh8402 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I’m wondering which, if any, WEC teams might crossover. Is that even possible with the same car or would you have to have an extra chassis. Looks like Corvette will try with one car in the WEC round, But it would be nice to see a few international teams challenge the 12 Hours, especially from LMP2 or Aston and Ferrari from GTE Pro.
Old 29 Jan 2019, 16:01 (Ref:3880449)   #1066
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjh8402 View Post
I’m wondering which, if any, WEC teams might crossover. Is that even possible with the same car or would you have to have an extra chassis. Looks like Corvette will try with one car in the WEC round, But it would be nice to see a few international teams challenge the 12 Hours, especially from LMP2 or Aston and Ferrari from GTE Pro.
Probably none. Unfortunately.
Old 29 Jan 2019, 16:51 (Ref:3880461)   #1067
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I'm with Coach, if any teams want to do Sebring I'm thinking they'd have a new car. 20ish hours with an LMP2 car would be tough and I'm guessing they wouldn't finish the 12 Hours. Vette is using a different chassis and I'm sure they're hoping to not have to withdraw a car going in to the 12 Hours. Wonder if they could nominate a reserve driver in the event a driver is restricted after an incident in the WEC race.
Old 30 Jan 2019, 14:49 (Ref:3880682)   #1068
MaskedRacer
Veteran

There will be interesting class comparisons we can make at Sebring if we get clean qualifying and practice sessions.

DPI vs LMP1 privateer (I think it will be close actually, but Rebellions will be fastest probably)

GTE Pro vs GTLM (probably GTLM, cars are same but IMSA has more open BoP)

GTE Am vs GTD (Might surprise, but I think GTD's out pace them)
Old 30 Jan 2019, 15:04 (Ref:3880684)   #1069
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTLM IMSA bop are slightly lighter if memory helps, maybe have more turbo boost too. Anyway more than bop war, to me will be a fierce fight between michelin compound developed for IMSA and michelin compound developed for WEC/LM.
Old 30 Jan 2019, 15:20 (Ref:3880686)   #1070
Coach Ep
Veteran

I'm looking forward to seeing, hearing and smelling cool race cars going round at speed! It's not like I can tell the difference in lap times trackside anyway (one or two seconds slower or faster won't make any difference in the experience, just saying'!).
Old 30 Jan 2019, 15:32 (Ref:3880690)   #1071
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
There will be interesting class comparisons we can make at Sebring if we get clean qualifying and practice sessions.

DPI vs LMP1 privateer (I think it will be close actually, but Rebellions will be fastest probably)

GTE Pro vs GTLM (probably GTLM, cars are same but IMSA has more open BoP)

GTE Am vs GTD (Might surprise, but I think GTD's out pace them)
These comparisons are fun, hopefully track conditions will be similar. There will be some Dunlop tires present in the sea of Michelins, interesting to see how that plays out as well.
Old 30 Jan 2019, 16:45 (Ref:3880701)   #1072
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My prediction for the ultimate lap order

LMP1 Hybrid
LMP1 Non-Hybrid
DPi
LMP2 ACO (non-spec tires and stuff)
LMP2 IMSA
GTLM
LMGTE-PRO
LMP3
LMGTE-AM
GT3
GT4
TCR

Last edited by Deleted; 30 Jan 2019 at 16:51.
Old 30 Jan 2019, 20:19 (Ref:3880746)   #1073
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:

LMP1 Hybrid
LMP1 Non-Hybrid
DPi
LMP2 IMSA
GTLM
LMGTE-PRO
LMP3
LMGTE-AM
GT3
GT4
TCR
Pretty safe bet, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a GTE-Pro car in front of GTLM.

Also, care to put any times to that order?
Old 30 Jan 2019, 21:23 (Ref:3880751)   #1074
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
about Q laptimes, my bet

LMP1 Hybrid 1.36-1.37
LMP1 Non-Hybrid >1.39-1.40
DPi 1.43-1.44
LMP2 ACO 1.45
LMP2 IMSA 1.45-1.46
GTLM >1.54-1.55
LMGTE-PRO 1.55-1.56
LMP3
LMGTE-AM >1.57-1.58
GT3 >1.57

2013 sebring 12H pole time was about the same of 2012 WEC silverstone; recall audi ran 2013 sebring in a not definitive 2013 specs, guess both track share a comparable average speed. 2018 toyota qualified high 1.36 at silverstone; so I bet sebring pole will be in 1-36-1.37 as well.
Private lmp1 guess will be >2 seconds slower.

About DPI, daytona 2019 pole improved about 3% compared to 2018. Doing the same with sebring, expect a dpi pole between 1.43 - 1.44 (basically 2013 R18 pole lol).

ACO lmp2 have more power, IMSA lmp2 could have better tires perhaps.
Applying the same 3% improvement because of michelin and watching gap between dpi and lmp2, guess IMSA lmp2 should be >2 slower than dpi, so in about high 1.45-1.46. ACO should be slightly faster, about 1.45.

GTLM didn't improve much 2018 pole; at best expect high 1.54 - low 1.55.
ACO GTE should be a bit heavier and a bit less powerful and unlikely could run under 1.55 to me.
Beyond this, it's all about a michelin ACO compound vs. IMSA compound; so everything can happen actually.

GTD guess will be 3 seconds slower than GTLM; mid 1.57 at best.
GT-AM about 2 seconds slower than GT-PRO, > 1.57 for sure.
Old 1 Feb 2019, 14:02 (Ref:3881132)   #1075
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

LMP1 Hybrid
LMP1 Non-Hybrid
DPi
LMP2 IMSA
GTLM
LMGTE-PRO
LMP3
LMGTE-AM
GT3
GT4
TCR
Yep. Someone is forgetting that 2019 is still p2 based, and the gulf in times at the Daytona also included slowed p2 cars. They will not be challenging wec p1 privateer cars, lol. Closer than they would have been last year, but dpi the dpi ruleset isn't designed to achieve current p1 speeds.

Also don't forget that gte am is gte, and gtd is gt3.

Gtlm used gte wec tires at Daytona I thought, based on driver interviews. Has it been stated gtlm won't use wec tires for the rest of the season?