Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Aug 2009, 11:50 (Ref:2524324)   #26
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Are they only just doing hats or other 888 clothing.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 19 Aug 2009, 12:21 (Ref:2524355)   #27
snappa
Racer

snappa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is it just me or did the qaulity of the 09 888 gear seem really crappy anyway. Everything is cheap nylon with iron on sponsors patches. At hidden valley when I met craig and jamie theyre logos were already starting to rub off and this was only 10:30 in the morning on the saturday. Maybe they had a plan to dump all of this merch at the end of the year anyway so why not make it as cheap as possible when they made the switch to holden.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 14:04 (Ref:2524410)   #28
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good stuff from Ford, I'd definitely take them up on the offer & I didn't pay for my 888 hat anyway I was given it when I got my current mobile.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 23:32 (Ref:2524714)   #29
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got some home and away caps and shirts.... hope they will swap them too....
Old 19 Aug 2009, 23:48 (Ref:2524717)   #30
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevan-L View Post
I've got some home and away caps and shirts.... hope they will swap them too....
I've got an SBR Tony Longhurst Cap....I'll write 888 on it with a felt tip pen and trade up to a Ford Cap...

Then get the felt tip pen and write HRT on it and go to the open day...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 20 Aug 2009, 04:30 (Ref:2524772)   #31
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good counter move by T8 according to today's paper...their going to sell their Caps for $10 this weekend...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 20 Aug 2009, 04:47 (Ref:2524774)   #32
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Good counter move by T8 according to today's paper...their going to sell their Caps for $10 this weekend...
If true, then it's interesting that 888 have responded to someone else's initiative that they referred to as being 'desperate'.

I think the only way 888 are going to shift any caps (or any other merchandise) at the moment is to give them away!
Old 20 Aug 2009, 05:09 (Ref:2524780)   #33
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Thought I would put this up as it has the Cap one-up.man.ship stuff in it but there is also some interesting remarks by [Mr] Lowndes...

http://i32.tinypic.com/k5351l.jpg

Old 20 Aug 2009, 06:03 (Ref:2524792)   #34
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for posting that article.

It is interesting that Craig says he had death threats from Holden supporters when he switched to Ford, yet he has had none of that when switching from Ford back to Holden.

Ford supporters are obviously too classy to resort to death threats. Trading in your 888 cap seems a far more polite way to protest!
Old 20 Aug 2009, 06:03 (Ref:2524793)   #35
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Everyone's so happpy at Triple 888, look at em smile..
Old 20 Aug 2009, 06:06 (Ref:2524794)   #36
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Any savvy Ford fans out there with $10 this weekend wanting a Ford hat...I can see a cheap way to get one
Old 20 Aug 2009, 06:07 (Ref:2524795)   #37
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post

It is interesting that Craig says he had death threats from Holden supporters when he switched to Ford, yet he has had none of that when switching from Ford back to Holden.
It doesnt say in the article that the threats were from Holden supporters mind you.

Regardless of who they are, anyone who stoops to that level should be named and shamed, its a shame that a stupid minority spoil it for the rest of us.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 06:53 (Ref:2524808)   #38
stoned pony
Veteran

Vanuatu
Chained to my desk
stoned pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Geez you lot get worked-up over nothing. I'd hate to see some of you faced with something serious.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 07:48 (Ref:2524846)   #39
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoned pony View Post
Geez you lot get worked-up over nothing. I'd hate to see some of you faced with something serious.
'Stone the crows', stoned pony; this is a serious issue!
Old 20 Aug 2009, 10:06 (Ref:2524922)   #40
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:
'Stone the crows', stoned pony; this is a serious issue!
Agreed...

Old 20 Aug 2009, 10:42 (Ref:2524947)   #41
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Cap vid and general update here at Sky News...

Old 20 Aug 2009, 11:15 (Ref:2524959)   #42
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

Ford supporters are obviously too classy to resort to death threats. Trading in your 888 cap seems a far more polite way to protest!
well you get a bit emotional when you have no teeth. its causes people to do silly things like death threats
Old 20 Aug 2009, 21:48 (Ref:2525238)   #43
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder how all those Holden/Lowndes supporters are going who said they were going to throw out all the Holden/Lowndes gear they had collected over his time at Holden.....??

I'm more amazed at how FORD owners can afford to buy FORD merchandise, when they really need save there monies to be able to afford to fix there cars!!
Old 21 Aug 2009, 01:30 (Ref:2525285)   #44
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
I saw a Ford the other day with personalized number plates 888-xxx

The xxx bit being the model of the Ford.

Obviously a keen T8 supporter...

They will be looking at trading in more than their T8 cap...

Old 21 Aug 2009, 03:03 (Ref:2525307)   #45
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Could have been a Chinese Ford fan retro, maybe the owner of the Ford merchandising company
Old 21 Aug 2009, 03:43 (Ref:2525312)   #46
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrod Kieron View Post
Could have been a Chinese Ford fan retro, maybe the owner of the Ford merchandising company
Yeah could be... though they could change it to DCCCLXXXVIII Fan and no one would be able to work it out...

Old 21 Aug 2009, 03:48 (Ref:2525313)   #47
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I see another one quite often with "GO888" i think it is.... also has heaps of stickers on it about lowndes and something else.... always seen it driven by this huge overweight looking lady <- seems to fit the profile.

I suspect they'd be upset when they try and sell the plates to make up for the $2400+ it cost them to get it in the 1st place.

might also need plenty eucalyptus oil to help remove the stickers on the car
Old 21 Aug 2009, 03:59 (Ref:2525319)   #48
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevan-L View Post
I see another one quite often with "GO888" i think it is.... also has heaps of stickers on it about lowndes and something else.... always seen it driven by this huge overweight looking lady <- seems to fit the profile.

I suspect they'd be upset when they try and sell the plates to make up for the $2400+ it cost them to get it in the 1st place.

might also need plenty eucalyptus oil to help remove the stickers on the car
Just extending that out I've seen some of Lowndies old cars etc [F150 GT Falcon etc] at the Ford dealership where he gets his cars from and they have his name all over them in the yard so I would imagine they would sell pretty quick. They would be a magnet for his fans.

Old 21 Aug 2009, 07:00 (Ref:2525364)   #49
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There had been a few trade ins by the time I checked it out today

Old 21 Aug 2009, 07:16 (Ref:2525368)   #50
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!