Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 12 Jan 2011, 04:43 (Ref:2814514)   #1
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sebring 2011

Got the tickets, the air fare, the car and the housing... We are good to go. I'd like to start the discussion. But, Horndawg, if you wish please take over this string and start the official one. Still, I cannot wait.

OMFG, I cannot believe I did this. This belongs on the Discussion thread for the race already here. I apologize.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 06:34 (Ref:2814538)   #2
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do we have a Sebring 2011 discussion thread? Couldn't see one at first glance, but I may be having a senior moment!

I'll merge this thread with it if we do.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 09:01 (Ref:2814569)   #3
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
We had an Audi R15 Sebring thread, but that was about one car and it's closed until we get info on it, just like the Highcroft 2011 plans thread.

Other than that, I don't know of anything else like this thread for Sebring as an event.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 16:13 (Ref:2814762)   #4
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
About to pull the trigger on my hotel as well - My brother and I will be driving down from NYC, same as last year. Looks like it could be shaping up to be a heck of a race. I really hope that Porsche runs the Hybrid as unclassified, I'd like to see how different it works as compared to the regular RSR's bouncing through the turns.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 19:11 (Ref:2814864)   #5
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A tweet from Sebring Raceway about 20mins ago says that OAK are planning to be there with TWO LMP1 cars and one LMP2.

Did anyone else know about this or have I missed something?
Old 12 Jan 2011, 19:14 (Ref:2814871)   #6
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^definitely new news. They only had confirmed one LMP1 previously with the possibility of an LMP2 as well. A good friend of mine is close to the team and their participation at all was in doubt until a few weeks ago. Obviously funding has come through in a big way, glad to see they'll be there with a solid effort.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 19:19 (Ref:2814877)   #7
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I'm having a strong suspicion that monsieur Nicolet has found two more sources of funding to join him in the LMP2 car, leaving the P1 cars to some proper hotshoes. We know that one of the P1 cars will have Guillaume Moreau and Pierre Ragues in it with an as-of-now-unnamed third driver joining them.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 19:38 (Ref:2814893)   #8
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver choices will be very interesting for the second car. Two guys we know about, meaning there are still four more LMP1 seats for Sebring.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 19:54 (Ref:2814901)   #9
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I'm having a strong suspicion that monsieur Nicolet has found two more sources of funding to join him in the LMP2 car
Would Nicolet be a Bronze driver? - Bronze are not allowed in LMP1 (which I think is a bad rule - should always allow people to step up to the plate if they want)
Old 12 Jan 2011, 19:59 (Ref:2814903)   #10
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Would Nicolet be a Bronze driver? - Bronze are not allowed in LMP1 (which I think is a bad rule - should always allow people to step up to the plate if they want)
The thinking was that Nicolet would be in the LMP2 I believe. Which would make more sense.
Old 13 Jan 2011, 05:21 (Ref:2815080)   #11
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Making me wonder if i should try to head down to Sebring for the race, made it to my first race at PLM and loved it, Course Sebring is a bit further than Road Atlanta and I've heard the track is a bit of a wild place to stay. Is it worth going down for someone that wants a but more civilized of a camping spot? The race should be worth it though.
Old 13 Jan 2011, 05:49 (Ref:2815084)   #12
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Making me wonder if i should try to head down to Sebring for the race, made it to my first race at PLM and loved it, Course Sebring is a bit further than Road Atlanta and I've heard the track is a bit of a wild place to stay. Is it worth going down for someone that wants a but more civilized of a camping spot? The race should be worth it though.
You will love it. The track is a bit of a wild place to stay, but it depends on what you want. We alway rent a house, but it's up to you. The hotel's in Sebring are always abit spendy during race week.
Old 13 Jan 2011, 05:51 (Ref:2815086)   #13
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Just do it!
Old 14 Jan 2011, 02:55 (Ref:2815508)   #14
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Is it worth going down for someone that wants a but more civilized of a camping spot? The race should be worth it though.
Yes, definitely. I always get a good night's sleep. Stay away from Green Park and you will be fine.
Old 14 Jan 2011, 15:02 (Ref:2815703)   #15
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is what Mariantic have as the latest LMP count - somewhere between 29 & 38 prototypes, not bad really...

LMP1 (14)
Peugeot x2
Audi R15++ x2
Intersport Lola B06/10 AER
AutoCon Lola B06/10 AER
Drayson Lola B09/60
Aston Martin Racing x 1
Rebellion Lola B10 Toyota x1
Signature Plus Lola Aston Martin or ORECA Nissan
Cytosport Lola Aston Martin B08/60
OAK Pescarolo Judd x2
Hope PoleVision ORECA 01 Lehmann Hybrid

Possible LMP1 (2)
ORECA Peugeot 90x
Atlas eFX Team Creation

LMP1 or LMP2 (2)
Dyson Lola B09/80
Highcroft HPD

LMP2 (6)
OAK Pescarolo Judd HK
Bruichladdich Zytek Nissan
Sbarta ORECA Nissan
Level 5 Lola Honda
Level 5 Lola Honda
Libra Radical Nissan

LMPC (7)
Intersport
Genoa
Green Earth Team Gunnar
CORE
Level 5
PR1/Mathiasen
Performance Tech

Possible LMPC (7)
DragonSpeed
TRG
Dick Barbour
Green Earth Team Gunnar
Intersport
CORE
Genoa
Old 14 Jan 2011, 15:07 (Ref:2815706)   #16
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Any word on possible GT entries and whether teams like Felbermayr, Prospeed, Farnbacher or AF Corse will make the trek over the pond for Sebring?
Old 14 Jan 2011, 15:44 (Ref:2815722)   #17
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Any word on possible GT entries and whether teams like Felbermayr, Prospeed, Farnbacher or AF Corse will make the trek over the pond for Sebring?
Interview with Amato Ferrari on E-I suggests that AF are planning on running the ILMC rounds- mentions that they'll have a 458 at the Sebring test
http://endurance-info.com/version2/n...VARnewsID=5987
Old 15 Jan 2011, 10:04 (Ref:2815992)   #18
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
i'm afraid not,there wont be enough drivers for Porsche,Ferrari,BMW
take Porsche for example
i'd guess

Bernhard,Dumas for R15++

#17 Henzler-Sellers-Ragginger
(if there's a second Falken)Lietz-Pilet-Westbrook
#44 Law-Neiman-Holzer
#45 Bergmeister-Long-Lieb
Old 15 Jan 2011, 11:18 (Ref:2816019)   #19
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IF there is a second Falken it certainly wont be driven by Pro's it will be driven by money men.
Old 15 Jan 2011, 11:54 (Ref:2816037)   #20
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but i think Porsche will call another pro entry besides #45 and #17 for ALMS/ILMC US-round manu classification.Falken have enough money and they had mentioned they always want another entry.

after AJR announce their 2011 GTC plan,i cant imagine another team interested in racing a Pro line-up 4.0L GT3 RSR in ALMS,only BSR and BMS have a free car but very unlikely they will run them in US.
Old 15 Jan 2011, 13:51 (Ref:2816057)   #21
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911targa View Post
i'm afraid not,there wont be enough drivers for Porsche,Ferrari,BMW
#17 Henzler-Sellers-Ragginger
(if there's a second Falken)Lietz-Pilet-Westbrook
#44 Law-Neiman-Holzer
#45 Bergmeister-Long-Lieb
There are plenty of non-alligned pros around who would love a ride in a good car and would make a good showing to boot.

DK
Old 15 Jan 2011, 15:52 (Ref:2816093)   #22
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
This is what Mariantic have as the latest LMP count - somewhere between 29 & 38 prototypes, not bad really...
Wait... WHAT? Have I been sleeping under a stone for too long? Last time I checked the LMP feild in ALMS where basicly non existing and now its 29 to 38 LMPs for Sebring? What just happend?
Old 15 Jan 2011, 15:56 (Ref:2816095)   #23
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
Wait... WHAT? Have I been sleeping under a stone for too long? Last time I checked the LMP feild in ALMS where basicly non existing and now its 29 to 38 LMPs for Sebring? What just happend?
ILMC happened. After Sebring they'll be down to 5 or 6 real prototypes and the same number of spec cars in LMPC until Petit.
Old 16 Jan 2011, 17:46 (Ref:2816435)   #24
kodosbeta
Rookie

kodosbeta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will there be Felbermayr vs Flying Lizard kind of stuff in gts at sebring?
Old 16 Jan 2011, 18:05 (Ref:2816443)   #25
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Now ..... that would be a right scrap . I hope to see Felbermayr contest the ILMC , or at least do Sebring and PLM .